Iran detains scores at "satanic" rock gig

Sounds like something the Christian Coalition of America wouldn't mind starting here, and most likely will gain more ground implementing if a Republican wins in '08.

Nothing wrong with Christianity, only if taken to the extreme. As is ANY lifestyle choice.

The christianity in western societies doesn't take one's basic freedoms away. Yet, in Islamic countries such as Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Afghanistan.... etc religion can take one's freedoms away and no one can challenge it. While in the west you can take the faith to court and challenge it. Am I wrong?

It's absurd to compare western societies with mideastern ones. It shows one's ignorance to do so.

The christianity in western societies doesn't take one's basic freedoms away.

Catholics still can't use Rubbers, and the Freedom of Choice over Reproductive Options is constantly under attack by the Bible Thumpers, as well as the Catholics. Bombs go off at Abortion Clinics, and Abortion Doctors are killed in the USA... ect, ect, ect.

And are you saying that the Jews can sue in United States Court to have the Christian Bible rewriten?..... Or could it be about recent court cases involving the Bible Thumpers claim that God mad man from dust, and woman from the rib of man, yet it is not allowed to be taught in Public School?

It's absurd to compare western societies with mideastern ones. It shows one's ignorance to do so.

There is no denying that they seem to have completely different mindsets, but I would not say that it is absurd. I often wonder where we would be if it were not for the separation of church and state in most western countries.

On occasions when I have stated that I am an atheist in answer to an enquiry, I get the distinct feeling that I am viewed by the " good Christians" present, as somewhat less than equal. Yet my lifestyle is probably more in line than theirs with that as preached in the bible. At least I do not denigrate others purely because of their religious point of view.

Last edited:
Catholics still can't use Rubbers, and the Freedom of Choice over Reproductive Options is constantly under attack by the Bible Thumpers, as well as the Catholics. Bombs go off at Abortion Clinics, and Abortion Doctors are killed in the USA... ect, ect, ect.

And are you saying that the Jews can sue in United States Court to have the Christian Bible rewriten?..... Or could it be about recent court cases involving the Bible Thumpers claim that God mad man from dust, and woman from the rib of man, yet it is not allowed to be taught in Public School?

I don't believe abortion is a "reproductive option." It shouldn't be used as birth control.

As for bombing, and people who take things to extreme...um, that was my whole point. You have to be tempered in any religion and use your heart and mind together while having your faith.

Mmm, and I love this "God made man from dust and woman from the rib of man...." God didn't take Adam's bone from his head, for women to rule over him, and God did not take Adam's bone from his foot, for him to rule over woman. He took it from the rib (and many study Bibles agree) to symbolize that woman is equal to man.

Mmm, and I love this "God made man from dust and woman from the rib of man...." God didn't take Adam's bone from his head, for women to rule over him, and God did not take Adam's bone from his foot, for him to rule over woman. He took it from the rib (and many study Bibles agree) to symbolize that woman is equal to man.

Well, as long as Federal Law keeps your Religious Views out of Public School, I couldn't care less what you believe happened, and who got what bone where and why.

There is no denying that they seem to have completely different mindsets, but I would not say that it is absurd. I often wonder where we would be if it were not for the separation of church and state in most western countries.

We would still be in the Dark Ages.

Funny how the period where religion ruled the known world it considered the most backward period in human development in terms of technology and tolerance isn't it.

Well, as long as Federal Law keeps your Religious Views out of Public School, I couldn't care less what you believe happened, and who got what bone where and why.

Personally I think woman were made from mans tail bone as they have always been a pain the arse.

:)

Last edited:
ok first of all why do you guys think that muslims are bad and have a horrible religion?? Well I read something about this American who converted to be a muslim and I honestly don't think its that bad of a religion. It's like the war with the media, people only talk about the bad things in the religion and the bad examples.

Now we can categorize everyone by the extremists muslims who take their god's word and twist it around to accomplish what they want done, like we can categorize America's army being rapists and murderers because of a few nutballs.

Or we can look past that and respect people for their differences and beliefs

Oh and back on topic...that article is taking away ROCK!! I want to go kill them right now. They can take away clothes, they may take away alcohol, but never EVER take away rock...

Then don't bring it up, and I won't force my views on you. :cool:

I think maybe some moral religious views would benefit public schools now days too.

Pfft, if it was truly Satanic they'd have tossed molotovs and shanked some police.

I laugh at devout members of any religion, of any race, in any country. When someone talks to me about god or religion, I say "I'm agnostic. You can't prove ****. Not even you atheists."

In addition, all those who wish to control aspects of your life that are your business - like what music you listen to, clothes you wear, what god you worship, or whether you have an abortion - I hope all such people die extremely painful and long deaths and rot in hell (if it exists) for an eternity.

ok, just a little confused her, but did you say by choosing what music we want to listen to, you wish us to die a terrible death...??

So...what about this idea on non-smoking laws in public areas? That is part of a freedom - yet it could injure others. I'm not real big on a ton of laws...I think it's up to the people to use their common sense (and I'm thinking we are getting more laws now because the people are getting stupider - and I don't appreciate it).

I say it's good to do your own thing...follow your own heart and beliefs. What I don't agree with is when it effects another person to a severe amount. Hate T-shirts, abortion (when used as a birth control), screaming hateful and abusive things at military funerals...etc... I don't think that is right at all. I don't think we should HAVE to have laws on these things though. I think people should use their common sense and good judgment. If you are racist, then be racist in your own home. If you are a war hater, give people your opinions in a way that will get your passion across, but not hurt others.... If you believe in being pro choice and a woman's right to chose...do not do so lightly - remember, in the end, whatever you choose, that is a life you have care of no matter if you believe if it starts when they are born or at conception.

Nope philam, I was saying that anyone who meddles in your personal affairs (especially government officials) should get murdered. Nothing about your choice in music.

Then don't bring it up, and I won't force my views on you. :cool:

I think maybe some moral religious views would benefit public schools now days too.

Well, like I say, I do not care what god you follow, or what you believe your god did in the past. And Religion in Public Schools is against the Law in the United States of America, which is, in my opinion, just one of the things that makes us better than Muslim Nations.

Well, like I say, I do not care what god you follow, or what you believe your god did in the past. And Religion in Public Schools is against the Law in the United States of America, and it is, in my opinion, just one of the things that makes us better than Muslim Nations.

Ohh, I do NOT want religion in schools. No way! But I think it might be a good thing to adapt some of the "moral" views for schooling purposes. Kind of like how schools teach sex ed. I don't think that is a "school" subject, yet if the parents don't do it then the schools have to. Same kinda thing with common sense and moral values.

Both which are lacking horribly right now. (In my opinion).

Ohh, I do NOT want religion in schools. No way! But I think it might be a good thing to adapt some of the "moral" views for schooling purposes. Kind of like how schools teach sex ed. I don't think that is a "school" subject, yet if the parents don't do it then the schools have to. Same kinda thing with common sense and moral values.

Both which are lacking horribly right now. (In my opinion).

Well, major liability does not have a Religion, do you view him to be lacking in something?... morally? What about senojekips? He seems like a good person, well grounded morally.... yet he seems to be without a structured view of organized religion.

In Public Schools, since the Government cannot start a Religion, and all Religions are the same in the eyes of the Government, the Satan Worshippers would have a day (equal time) to talk to little Public School Kids about the benefits of their Religion, do you think Satan Worshippers are of the same high moral fabric that you find in your own Religion?

The Satan Worshippers would no doubt tell little kids in School they can become Wizards (Warlocks) and Witches, just like Harry Potter and crew, when it was their turn to put forth their Religious Views.

Unless you only want your Religious Values to be in the Public Schools?... Which doesn't really seem fair in my opinion.

I have a solution though, if Parents want to have the School instruct their kids in the ways of Religion then the Parents can just send their kids to Catholic School, or some other like minded private institution.... once there the kids will be taught that their god did many things, and given the Moral Compass that their Religion wants its adherents to follow.

Back