Iran captures intruding US drone over Persian Gulf waters

Your country have a dictator that rulling your peoples wiht iron fist im suprised that you can connect to this site.

Now about the drone mybe yes and mybe no idk

haha..., Your opinion about our government doesn't have any worth. the Iranian people's opinion is important and the majority of them support the Iran's foreign policies. Especially those which are against the coercive and colonialism policies of west.

And I know well why you are angry because Iran puts a knife under Israel's throat by Hamas and a batons above Israel's head by Hezbollah and is against your racist regime policies everywhere else.

Anyway I don't want lead this thread to pro-anti-Israel fighting field like the other threads.
----------------------------------------------
OK, my question is- do you think Iran has the ability to infiltrate in the US GPS system and gets the control of their drones?
If it is, what are the other possible threats for the US? for example is it possible for Iran to get the control of cruse missiles?
And the next question- how Iranians detected RQ -170 while it is a stealth drone and has the same stealth technology used in B2 or F35?

Last edited:
haha..., Your opinion about our government doesn't have any worth. the Iranian people's opinion is important and the majority of them support the Iran's foreign policies. Especially those which are against the coercive and colonialism policies of west.

And I knew well why you are angry because Iran puts a knife under Israel's throat by Hamas and a batons above Israel's head by Hezbollah and is against your racist regime policies everywhere else.

Anyway I don't want lead this thread to pro-anti-Israel fighting field like the other threads.
OK, my question is- do you think Iran has the ability to infiltrate in the US GPS system and gets the control of their drones?
If it is, what are the other possible treats for the US? for example is it possible for Iran to get the control of cruse missiles?
And the next question- how Iranians detected RQ -170 while it is a stealth drone and has the same stealth technology used in B2 or F35?
I didn't expect much from you but
Racist regime?LOOOOOOOLLL

oh the hypcorisy.....unbeliveable.

No. Firstly a drones primary method of control/communication isn't via GPS given how easy it is to jam a GPS signal.

If it is, what are the other possible treats for the US? for example is it possible for Iran to get the control of cruse missiles?

Again no. Cruise missiles use a vast range of different guidance systems.

We don't know for sure if Iran actually detected it....

And I know well why you are angry because Iran puts a knife under Israel's throat by Hamas and a batons above Israel's head by Hezbollah and is against your racist regime policies everywhere else.

If it is, what are the other possible threats for the US? for example is it possible for Iran to get the control of cruse missiles?

Wake up hamidreza, you're dreaming.

Forgot the riots after the falsified elections in your country and how brutal your beloved forces beat down (and killed) innocent civilians?

No. Firstly a drones primary method of control/communication isn't via GPS given how easy it is to jam a GPS signal.

Again no. Cruise missiles use a vast range of different guidance systems.

We don't know for sure if Iran actually detected it....

In this site it has been described how a college professor hacked a UAV guidance system.
Because GPS systems work by measuring the time it takes for a signal to travel from the satellite to the receiver, a successful spoofing requires that the attacker know precisely where the target is so that the spoofed signal can be structured with the proper signal delays. A GPS spoofing attack begins by broadcasting a slightly more powerful signal that produces the correct position, and then slowly deviates away towards the position desired by the spoofer, because moving too quickly will cause the receiver to lose signal lock altogether, at which point the spoofer works only as a jammer.

http://www.geekosystem.com/uav-gps-spoof/

West deny Iran detected RQ 170. Ok if it is true please someone explain me how this drone catched by Iran almost intact?

Was hardly what you could call intact . Iranians rebuilt most if the shell of the UAV for its propoganda purposes. From professional analysis of the photos the damage is consistent with a terminal flight path. Ie the craft automaticly flew itself into the ground in a manner that would destroy the more sensitive equipment. Although virtually all of that series of UAV are constructed from commercially available components.

It's also been speculated that the Iranians found the ditched drone.

In this site it has been described how a college professor hacked a UAV guidance system.

http://www.geekosystem.com/uav-gps-spoof/

West deny Iran detected RQ 170. Ok if it is true please someone explain me how this drone catched by Iran almost intact?

A professor hacked a UAV guidance system but there's no mention that it was a military UAV guidance system?

The drone was almost intact because Iranians repaired it?

There is much that can be done with paper mâché etc. The Iranians put the RQ 170 on a very suspicious and ornate pedestal . Which hid most of the damage also on the Iranian released film some officer inspects it and starts moving flaps and things that don't exactly respond as they should if the drone was Infact undamaged.

The only thing that is special about this drone type was its flying wing design. Which presents virtually no radar cross section to be detected. There also isn't much to reverse engineer other than some design concepts ,as it is a device likely to be captured it won't contain anything overly "special" it merely collects raw data. The secret stuff would be the software that interprets the data it collects. Which is not on the drone. It's kept safely back at Langley or wherever.

Lastly the best guess of what happened was it was electronically attacked jammed. Reverted to dumb dumb mode attempted fly home or the place it last had good reception where would do hot laps until it ran out of fuel zeroise and crash into the ground. If it recognised it was being attacked it would zeroise and fly itself Into the ground. Seeing as it wasn't a scorched wreck it's more likely to be the former.

Last edited:
As for the skylark that is extremely short ranged and not very special at all...

Edit ... Wrong mistook my scaneagle a for skylarks... Never mind... Time will tell on this one....

Last edited:
There is much that can be done with paper mâché etc. The Iranians put the RQ 170 on a very suspicious and ornate pedestal . Which hid most of the damage also on the Iranian released film some officer inspects it and starts moving flaps and things that don't exactly respond as they should if the drone was Infact undamaged.

The only thing that is special about this drone type was its flying wing design. Which presents virtually no radar cross section to be detected. There also isn't much to reverse engineer other than some design concepts ,as it is a device likely to be captured it won't contain anything overly "special" it merely collects raw data. The secret stuff would be the software that interprets the data it collects. Which is not on the drone. It's kept safely back at Langley or wherever.

Lastly the best guess of what happened was it was electronically attacked jammed. Reverted to dumb dumb mode attempted fly home or the place it last had good reception where would do hot laps until it ran out of fuel zeroise and crash into the ground. If it recognised it was being attacked it would zeroise and fly itself Into the ground. Seeing as it wasn't a scorched wreck it's more likely to be the former.

Virtually was detected? in the east of Iran in desert and at that height?!

And what is your evidence that Iran repaired it with paper etc? If it is please tell me why the US president requested Iran to return back a damaged drone which doesn't have any useful thing for Iran? a new RQ 170 price is 6 million dollar.
And in your last supposition you at least have accepted the Iran electronic jamming power even against a drone like RQ 170.

Last edited:
Did they capture it or did the engine fail and it glided down to earth. Now why the Americans don't put a demolition charge on board in cases like this is beyond me

Did they capture it or did the engine fail and it glided down to earth. Now why the Americans don't put a demolition charge on board in cases like this is beyond me

Sounds like a good idea.

What would be the parameters under which the explosives were detonated though? Would it be something to do with proximity to Command Stations? Or perhaps just a recognition system of hostile territories - and then an altitude, at which a timed countdown begins until detonation?

I suppose the thing with that idea would be possible debris fallout into civilian populations in those countries that are deemed "hostile"...

they didn't do that because they completely trusted to their drone advanced technology.

Back