Iran buys 250 fighters, 20 fuel tankers from Russia

Imagine That! Seems like they will continue to go without a fighter aircraft in their air force. Guess they lost interest in fighter aircraft cause of the F14 incident. Maybe they don't have confidence in the weapon any longer?

As for the article, it starts out as telling you about the Suhkoi aircraft that were allegedly purchased. But then goes on to talk about the Defense Minster's opinions on the mini arms race across the Middle East. Once again , predictable as the rising of the sun, he mentioned the two words, "Israel" and , "threat" in the same statement.

Like the AK 47 before it, the Su 30 may become one of the world's most common fighter aircraft. Who knows however, since that is kinda a long ways off. For now....

Last edited:
Imagine That! Seems like they will continue to go without a fighter aircraft in their air force. Guess they lost interest in fighter aircraft cause of the F14 incident. Maybe they don't have confidence in the weapon any longer?

As for the article, it starts out as telling you about the Suhkoi aircraft that were allegedly purchased. But then goes on to talk about the Defense Minster's opinions on the mini arms race across the Middle East. Once again , predictable as the rising of the sun, he mentioned the two words, "Israel" and , "threat" in the same statement.

Like the AK 47 before it, the Su 30 may become one of the world's most common fighter aircraft. Who knows however, since that is kinda a long ways off. For now....

The Iranian regime is a dangerous and paranoid theocracy.

I kinda figured that, this whole thing started to fall apart in just a few days. They will sell to alot of peoples if they can fork out the cash, which, I assure is not quite as hassling as buying western fighter aircraft. But, your statement about the Iranian regime. That may be true, but, for the most part , the populace of Iran, are not dangerous Western Haters.

Whether or not if they buy them. Air power is not one of Iran's strongest points, this shows from their Air Force's history.

Last edited:
Whether or not if they by them. Air power is not one of Iran's strongest points, this shows from their Air Force's history.

Not just Iran.

Plus, Iran does not have to worry about Iraq now, as Saddam is no longer running things, and a more Iran Frendly government has moved in.

Iran would have to know that any Military Aircraft they did own would be destroyed either on the ground or in the Air if the United States Military were to pull the trigger on Iran.
I'd be more worried about Air Defense Systems going to Iran.

If Iran became another North Vietnam, then, sending the planes in, may be harder to do. Stealth aircraft helps, but they primarily work best at night. If the Iranians used radar installations as tools for directing AAA and SAMs, will simply be countered with high risk air missions, and anti radiation missiles.

Forcing them into turning radar on, and off, according to the tactics they are using in that particular installation. But, unlike the air war and anti air war over North Vietnam, this is the information age, and unless they fill SCUDs, or something with explosives or glass, and launch into orbit, then U.S. satellites, and paramilitary units will Identify anti air sites, and munitions, and pick them off , no matter how many they buy.

But, all that done, don't think it will not come without losses. A large portion of the U.S. military is reliant on Air delivery. It's allot easier to shoot down a fat slow cargo plane, or a low unarmored utility chopper, than a fast nimble combat aircraft.

I kinda figured that, this whole thing started to fall apart in just a few days. They will sell to alot of peoples if they can fork out the cash, which, I assure is not quite as hassling as buying western fighter aircraft. But, your statement about the Iranian regime. That may be true, but, for the most part , the populace of Iran, are not dangerous Western Haters.

Whether or not if they buy them. Air power is not one of Iran's strongest points, this shows from their Air Force's history.

I told ya!

Back