Iran to buy Pechora-2A

Marwan

iran_missiles.jpg

Iran and Russia have prepared and approved an agreement project on the purchase of the Russian surface-to-air missile complex Pechora-2A in the second half of 2006.

Pechora-2A can hit the air targets at distances from 3.5 to 38 kilometers and at heights from 0.02 to 20 kilometers, flying at a speed of up to 700 meters per second. The complex was successfully tested at a Middle East firing range, hitting an F-16 fighter and an analogue of a Tomahawk cruise missile.

The complex has a new optic-electronic system that allows it to seek out air targets during daylight and at night. It uses modern missiles and modern protection devices.

The Pechora may provide air security for the Russian-built power plant at Bushehr, the Grani.Ru website reported citing a source in Russia’s Federal Military Technical Cooperation Service.

“Helping Tehran build a power plant, Russia simply must provide security for this object, the destruction of which may cause an ecological disaster for the whole of the Middle East. That is why cooperation with Iran in the area of anti-aircraft systems will be continued,” the source said.

Earlier, Russian media said that Moscow had agreed in November to sell $1 billion worth of weapons to Iran, including up to 30 Tor-M1 missile systems over the next two years. Russia’s Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov said a contract for the delivery of Tor air defense missiles to Iran had been signed.

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/12/16/iranantiaircraft.shtml

Well its not too darn hard to hit a jet that isnt manuvering.

This reinforces my opinion, lets loan the Israleis some F-117s and let em blow the darn thing to hell. And with deals like this, the sooner the better.

Or have a join operation and have some F-22As pave the way through the air defences. Whatever the Israelis are going to do it needs to be done before Iran gets nukes though, and before were to the point were Russian pilots are flying CAP over "their" plant.

Last edited:
Rabs said:

This reinforces my opinion, lets loan the Israleis some F-117s and let em blow the darn thing to hell. And with deals like this, the sooner the better.

Or have a join operation and have some F-22As pave the way through the air defences. Whatever the Israelis are going to do it needs to be done before Iran gets nukes though, and before were to the point were Russian pilots are flying CAP over "their" plant.

I'm sorry but i didnt get what u mean in the first part of your paragraph!, your F-117's have been shot down by old outdated soviet SA-3 so please dont think it can do anything and how do you know if that F-16 is not manuvering? are the pilots trained to just float in the air and get hit by a SAM?, is there any proof you have that we do have a nuclear weapons-program?. We already have 15 nuclear capable KH-55 and they are almost in the verge of being re-engineered even with all the shahabs filled with bio/chemical weapons we still haven't launched one of them at any country yet so please know what your talking about before saying anything!

Last edited:
This reinforces my opinion, lets loan the Israleis some F-117s
And how many sucsseful sorties were there against baghad (argually some of the most well defended air-space in the world) in 91 compared to the one we lost?

is there any proof you have that we do have a nuclear weapons-program?. We already have 15 nuclear capable KH-55 and they are almost in the verge of being re-engineered even with all the shahabs filled with bio/chemical weapons we still haven't launched one of them at any country yet
Well your government is trying to enrich uranium.

You have one of the highest oil reserves in the world, do you really need nuclear power and if so why not get the fuel from elsewere. Instead of insiting on produceing your own which can be used for nuclear weapons.

how do you know if that F-16 is not manuvering?
Well unless you have very very advanced remote control technology, or are using live pilots?

I also find it very hard to beleive that if you had an F-16 youd blow it up.

with bio/chemical weapons we still haven't launched one of them at any country

With your new president (which im sure you voted for, not that the vote matterd anyway) wanting to whipe Israel off the map, why should we take it forgranted it wll stay that way?

Last edited:
And how many sucsseful sorties were there against baghad (argually some of the most well defended air-space in the world) in 91 compared to the one we lost?

That time Russia only selled outdated sams to iraq thats why they had them in large numbers and most of iraqs sams were SA-2's.

Well your government is trying to enrich uranium.

You have one of the highest oil reserves in the world, do you really need nuclear power and if so why not get the fuel from elsewere. Instead of insiting on produceing your own which can be used for nuclear weapons.

So what if we want to enrich uranium? we do what we want not because you say we cant! and we already are enriching uranium but just in low numbers and we have the right for nuclear energy even if we want nuclear power plants even if we do have alot of oil.

Well unless you have very very advanced remote control technology, or are using live pilots?

I also find it very hard to beleive that if you had an F-16 youd blow it up.

well it was your pilots so no comments....

With your new president (which im sure you voted for, not that the vote matterd anyway) wanting to whipe Israel off the map, why should we take it forgranted it wll stay that way?

ahmadinejad is just doing that for talks and he can't start wars only the supreme council can and they are against it so no worries, and besides he only has 2 years left so it's all talk....

You very clearly said that the F-16 was on a fireing range, and I beleive an F-16 was lost in Iraq during the 91 gulf war, but i do not beleive Iran has ever shot down any piloted American planes.

I have a feeling the mods are getting tired of this, so your more than welcome to pm/email/aim/msn me.

Rabs said:
You very clearly said that the F-16 was on a fireing range, and I beleive an F-16 was lost in Iraq during the 91 gulf war, but i do not beleive Iran has ever shot down any piloted American planes.

I have a feeling the mods are getting tired of this, so your more than welcome to pm/email/aim/msn me.

only a small amount of planes were shot down during 91 war with iraq but your correct no american planes were ever in our range to fire at. Anyways these SAMS are most likely just to protect our nuclear reactors and it was good talking to you :cheers: .

Sea_Cadet said:
couldn't they purchase anything newer, or could you guys industrialize and make them yourself.

well those sams we purchased are modern and yes we do make our own, so far we were able to re-engineer SA-2 and S-200... we make misagh-1 which is similar to stinger missile and Shahab-Taqeb ans Sihand-1,2,3 and we also produce our own tomhawk and rapier sam missiles... if you want any picture of those i'll be glad to post them.

Current SAMS in our service

-SA-2
-SA-3
-SA-6
-Tor-M1
-S-300
-Rapier
-Tomhawk
-SA-5
-Shahab-Taqeb
-Misagh-1
-Pechora-2A

Rabs said:

Or we don't do that since the Israeli's seem to have good luck, come on, the entire Iraqi air defense system was shut down, can that really be just dumb luck or something more?

for the record:

An F-15 piloted by an American shot down an Iranian F-14 over the Persian Gulf in mid 1980s

An F-15 shot at an Iranian F-4E over the Persian Gulf in 1987 but the missile (Sparrow) missed and it was the only time that two Mcdonnell douglas products ever engaged each other in the world

-SA-2
-SA-3
-SA-6
-Tor-M1 >>> Not Delivered
-S-300 >>> Never Delivered or Purchased
-Rapier >>> Short Range SAM from late 60s
-Tomhawk
-SA-5
-Shahab-Taqeb
-Misagh-1
-Pechora-2A

SA-2
SA-3
Rapier
MIM HAWK
SA-5
SA-6
ZSU-24 Shilka
SkyGuard
Orlikon

This list is what they have, the rest is not purchased or not yet delivered

Last edited:
phoenix80 said:
for the record:

An F-15 piloted by an American shot down an Iranian F-14 over the Persian Gulf in mid 1980s

An F-15 shot at an Iranian F-4E over the Persian Gulf in 1987 but the missile (Sparrow) missed and it was the only time that two Mcdonnell douglas products ever engaged each other in the world

Are you from Iran? can you speak farsi? an F-14 was never shot down by an F-15 it wa sonly our F-4E.....

It doesnt matter what language I speak but for your knowledge I am telling you that an F-14A piloted by Captain Alagha (whom was our family friend) was shot down by a Saudi AF (piloted by An American) F-15 over the Persian Gulf

phoenix80 said:
It doesnt matter what language I speak but for your knowledge I am telling you that an F-14A piloted by Captain Alagha (whom was our family friend) was shot down by a Saudi AF (piloted by An American) F-15 over the Persian Gulf

So your not persian and you have the picture on your avataor and your signature? are you trying to disrespect me and Iran? there was never any reports of our F-14 getting hit by saudi F-15's if there was show it to me! but i knoe for fact it wa sonly F-4E

phoenix80 said:
Well, you shouldnt know every thing dude!

oh so your that guy with that avator of yours going around and try to bash Iran? mabey you dont like the new government but take that avataor off and stop try to act so cowardly witht hat pic of yours!.

For the first and only time.

(APOLOGIES TO THE MODS)

Marwan you are "either" an idiot or an Iranian operative based on ALL of your posts that I have read..

As soon as I have posted this response I will ensure that I don't have to read anymore of your Iranian tripe. I am placing you on my ignore list.

In case your English isn't good enough, TRIPE means (in your case) information not supported by facts, used simply to camoflage or obscure the truth. ie: Mostly a pack of lies or disinformation.

Your bio says that you are 19 and a civilian -BS- 19 (maybe), civilian - (I doubt it).

For your absolute negatism my final present is a negative to your "reputation".

Goodbye with no wish of good luck.

phoenix80 said:
May I know if it is your business to tell people how to form their opinions??

your not even iranian and cant even speak farsi so i already know what you really are....

Last edited:
Back