IP tracker

armlesscadet

duke of milforum slayer
does anybody know where i can get one to track ip adresses for aim ive been having some anoying :cens:'s try to talk to me and i have no clue who they are. I googled it but i had min. success so if you can find one or have one please send me a link to download it or tell me where i can buy one thank you.

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by an "IP tracker", but you can find some info on IP's here:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/
especially on the IPWHOIS Lookup and IP Information tools

i dont think i see it on there redleg. What i am looking for is something to trace an IP to the source so that whenever somebody starts to message me on aim that i dont know that i can find out who it is

**edit**
ok the IPWHOIS you mentioned would probably help out to finding who it is but how am i suppose to find out the IP address for it

There are several ways of doing this - ever read Javascript for dummies? :) There is one script in that book (I hope it was in that book...) that is of particular interest for these situations and can be easily rewritten for sending the output of that script directly to your inbox even without the person on the other side knowing it. One click at the URL address you posted to someone and it returns so much information about the user's system and... Ta-Da, IP address that you can start tracing it in no time by either whois.net or the url Redleg posted...

PM if needed.

Last edited:
You might have another problem. Even if you get the IP address you still might not figure out who is reaching you. ISPs use DHCP, which means the IP address changes everytime you connect to the internet. The best you'll probably do is figure out what provider hes on.

mmarsh said:
You might have another problem. Even if you get the IP address you still might not figure out who is reaching you. ISPs use DHCP, which means the IP address changes everytime you connect to the internet. The best you'll probably do is figure out what provider hes on.

And he may also be hidden behind a proxy, and that'll make it very hard/impossible to find his real IP....

Back