Iowa Supreme Court Overturns Gay Marriage Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the people of Iowa and Massachusetts get a ruling overturned? YES. Again, regardless of how the end is achieved, they can change the ruling. Throw all process out the window, they CAN get the ruling changed if they want to. Maybe the legislature knew that it was a State right to decide something that affects the state itself (not the people). Homosexual marriage does nothing to harm the people of a state, the only thing it truly affects is the legal status of the couple ( a matter of the state government) therefore, it really ISN'T up to the people to decide on the matter ANYWAY. That's why the Constitution was written in the first place... Because the Founding Fathers knew that not every common man was smart enough to be directly involved on the issues of the government, so they allowed the commoners to elect representatives who "best reflect" the interest of the majority... Therefore, it is STILL the people deciding.

Did you miss my post?

They CANNOT overturn a court ruling based on discriminatory cause that challenges the constitutional authority that presides over the legality of the decision.

Period.

The system is backward. Please read my last post beofre this one.

Quite honestly... It is discriminatory. To deny something to someone that you give to someone else is discriminatory. A person's a person, no matter how small. Didn't your mother ever read you Dr. Seuss? ;)

Animals cannot think, therefore they cannot sign a legal contract, which leaves them out of the equation. As far as incest goes... It's been proven that inbred families are more likely to suffer genetic deformities, so there's complete justification in that... As for homosexuality, there is no harm that comes to anyone from two members of the same sex getting married so there is no REASON in barring them from marriage.

Animals cannot think, therefore they cannot sign a legal contract, which leaves them out of the equation. As far as incest goes... It's been proven that inbred families are more likely to suffer genetic deformities, so there's complete justification in that... As for homosexuality, there is no harm that comes to anyone from two members of the same sex getting married so there is no REASON in barring them from marriage.

Then you support one man and however many wives, as long as their marriages are understood and consentual?

What age is the legal precedent to marry? If a very mature 15-year old can prove that she has the mind of an adult by your litmus test, do we allow her to marry a 40-year old?

Where does it end?

Who is the real minority?

What is discrimination and what is common sense and what is legal precedent?

AZ's got a pretty good point here.
Once this passes you will have Polygamy and underaged marriage/dating knocking on the doors with some pretty powerful supporting evidence.
But since they have a mind I guess they shouldn't be discriminated against. Is that what I'm hearing?

Then you support one man and however many wives, as long as their marriages are understood and consentual?

What age is the legal precedent to marry? If a very mature 15-year old can prove that she has the mind of an adult by your litmus test, do we allow her to marry a 40-year old?

Where does it end?

1-Not my line of expertise. I say if only one is legal to the state then heck why not?

2-Age difference; rules on minors who can not consent. Two adults can consent.

Yes, but the voters can still get the decision changed, can they not? That was my point... Regardless of the means, the end result is STILL THE SAME.
They are not being allowed to decide. And Rob could care less as his statement says, "it really ISN'T up to the people to decide on the matter ANYWAY."
Can the people of Iowa and Massachusetts get a ruling overturned? YES. Again, regardless of how the end is achieved, they can change the ruling. Throw all process out the window, they CAN get the ruling changed if they want to.
And of course if they do, Rob doesn't think they have the right too.

Maybe the legislature knew that it was a State right to decide something that affects the state itself (not the people).
I will let Rob answer this part himself:
"Chukpike... I wonder... Do you realize that the government is nothing more than people? When you say the word government, do you think about the fact that the government is nothing more than an organized body of people? CLEARLY, the people are still deciding their own destiny." quote Rob Henderson
Homosexual marriage does nothing to harm the people of a state, the only thing it truly affects is the legal status of the couple ( a matter of the state government) therefore, it really ISN'T up to the people to decide on the matter ANYWAY. That's why the Constitution was written in the first place... Because the Founding Fathers knew that not every common man was smart enough to be directly involved on the issues of the government, so they allowed the commoners to elect representatives who;"best reflect"; the interest of the majority... Therefore, it is STILL the people deciding.

Blah Blah blah! Basically we are all to stupid to to make decisions. While Rob claims we are the government.

He is right about one thing, there is at least one person I can think of who fits the category.:D

They are not being allowed to decide. And Rob could care less as his statement says, "it really ISN'T up to the people to decide on the matter ANYWAY."
When you consider the fact that the government is the only thing affected by homosexual marriage. You're cutting and pasting... YET AGAIN. It gets old real quick, pal.
"Chukpike... I wonder... Do you realize that the government is nothing more than people? When you say the word government, do you think about the fact that the government is nothing more than an organized body of people? CLEARLY, the people are still deciding their own destiny." quote Rob Henderson

Blah Blah blah! Basically we are all to stupid to to make decisions. While Rob claims we are the government.

He is right about one thing, there is at least one person I can think of who fits the category.:D
Really Chukpike? We're not 5 pages into a debate and you're ALREADY out of arguments? I mean, why else would you just try and attack me personally instead of debating the point?

BTW, to and too and two... Look it up. ;) You wonder why I say what I do.

AZ_Infantry said:

Where does it end?

As far as polygamy goes... I'm not one to decide who marries who. Two human beings of proper age (which brings me to the next point) shouldn't be told who to marry. It is no one's right but their own to say who to marry.

As far as the age thing... No. Both parties must be adults or the age of majority in his/her state.

Last edited:

What if the people decided that all African Americans should be second class citizens? Should we enforce their rights to limit the rights of others? I mean, it was their decision. They voted.

Blah blah blah? Calling him stupid? Have you no shame? Isn't there a forum rule against this?

Homosexual marriage does nothing to harm the people of a state, the only thing it truly affects is the legal status of the couple ( a matter of the state government) therefore, it really ISN'T up to the people to decide on the matter ANYWAY. That's why the Constitution was written in the first place... Because the Founding Fathers knew that not every common man was smart enough to be directly involved on the issues of the government, so they allowed the commoners to elect representatives who "best reflect" the interest of the majority... Therefore, it is STILL the people deciding.

The above is Rob's comment and my response. Where Rob enlightened us with his infinite knowledge of what the founding fathers were thinking when they wrote the Constitution.
Not as you and Rob have posted it.

What if the people decided that all African Americans should be second class citizens? Should we enforce their rights to limit the rights of others? I mean, it was their decision. They voted.

Blah blah blah? Calling him stupid? Have you no shame? Isn't there a forum rule against this?

I at no time called him stupid. If I was referring to anyone in particular, it was probably me for even reading one of Rob's posts. What you read into things is your own business.

As Draconian and wrong headed as your example is, believe it or not, if enough people forced their states to support an amendment to the Constitution. And if the required number of states submitted the amendment to Congress then your example would happen.
Since it took 70 years and the people fought a Civil War to start the process of treating African-Americans as citizens, it is not likely this will happen.
It should be remembered that it was those same original legislatures that ignored what they had written in the Constitution. Leaving African Americans as slaves.

When talking about rules, people that live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Refer back to post #7 where you stated, "Yes... do remember who elected those judges. They're not appointed like in the federal court."

Then go to post #8 where I requested, "You made the statement that "they're not appointed" so supply your sources. I will make it easy, go to the state websites and read their Constitutions."

I believe supplying sources when requested is also a rule.

I think you and Rob have repeatedly ignored the bigger issue than Gay marriage.
That is how a small vocal minority are trying to use the courts and legislatures to circumvent the will of the majority to gain their desired goals. They no longer wish to "keep their affairs in the bedroom" but are demanding public acceptance for their actions. While a lot of people are willing to tolerate their actions the majority of the population is not ready to accept it.

That is how a small vocal minority are trying to use the courts and legislatures to circumvent the will of the majority to gain their desired goals. They no longer wish to "keep their affairs in the bedroom" but are demanding public acceptance for their actions. While a lot of people are willing to tolerate their actions the majority of the population is not ready to accept it.
This has all been done before Chukpike.

It will not matter what you say or what evidence you produce, your points will never be acknowledged as correct.

I at no time called him stupid. If I was referring to anyone in particular, it was probably me for even reading one of Rob's posts. What you read into things is your own business.
No, you never called me stupid outright, but it would seem as though you implied it.
How is marriage public? Other than the wedding ring, where is the public, noticeable evidence of marriage? Public displays of affection occur even when a couple isn't married, so that's out of the picture... I just don't see where there is a huge difference between a gay couple holding hands with a wedding ring and a gay couple holding hands without wearing a ring.

Chukpike said:
"That is how a small vocal minority are trying to use the courts and legislatures to circumvent the will of the majority to gain their desired goals."
Do you realize how similar this is to the civil rights movement? The women's suffrage movement? If people didn't have the courage to speak out, we'd probably still be drinking tea at noon and saying things like "bloody" as curse words... How can a nation that was founded because of discrimination be so discriminatory itself? If African-Americans didn't speak out against slavery, and get the ball rolling, we'd probably still have slaves... When the civil rights movement first began, there wasn't a lot of support behind it. But gradually, people began to realize that to treat someone differently (in other words, extremely harshly) because of the color of their skin was inherently WRONG. When women started demanding equal treatment, regardless of their gender, the idea wasn't popular... The popular belief was that women were somehow a lesser species because of their sex... But there was still a vocal minority who spoke out against it... And I'm sure there were people like you who blatantly denied the equal treatment of both African-Americans AND women. But eventually, those people became the minority, as the majority began to "see the light" if you will. Now, the movement of our generation is the movement of homosexual equality... The idea that because a person chooses a lifestyle different from "the norm" that that person shouldn't be treated differently. Right now, it is simply a "vocal minority," but as people start to see that they are just people like everyone else in the world, that minority will slowly build momentum and support and eventually, it WILL (I will personally guarantee it) become the majority. Because this is nothing more than the newest civil rights movement, and as such, equality will rule.

*steps off soap box*

Rob,

Everything you just posted comes down to this ONE fact:

You can PROVE that someone can be born black or female. You CANNOT prove that one is born gay.

You might as well be asking for special rights (note: SPECIAL, not equal) for alcoholics.

For it to be discriminatory, they must have no decision in the matter. And if you're born gay, then you can be born an alcoholic or drug addict or criminal.

That's where the stupidity of this argument reaches its truth. And that is the slippery slope we must avoid. This is America. We don't hand out special rights for ones sexually-deviant behavior. And if you refute that, then keep in mind that you're saying that we discriminate against pedophiles, criminals, alcoholics, etc.

Rob,

Everything you just posted comes down to this ONE fact:

You can PROVE that someone can be born black or female. You CANNOT prove that one is born gay.

You might as well be asking for special rights (note: SPECIAL, not equal) for alcoholics.

For it to be discriminatory, they must have no decision in the matter. And if you're born gay, then you can be born an alcoholic or drug addict or criminal.

That's where the stupidity of this argument reaches its truth. And that is the slippery slope we must avoid. This is America. We don't hand out special rights for ones sexually-deviant behavior. And if you refute that, then keep in mind that you're saying that we discriminate against pedophiles, criminals, alcoholics, etc.
While there has been no conclusive evidence to the existing of a homosexual gene, there has ALSO been no evidence to the contrary. No one can prove whether or not homosexuality is genetic...

You're really comparing homosexuals to drug addicts and criminals? Well, I can't tell you why alcoholics and addicts do what they do, but there HAVE been studies that prove that the majority of criminals DO have some sort of psychological disorder... While this does not excuse their behavior, the fact remains that some of them cannot help it. This being the case, even if homosexuality IS proven to be genetic, those who don't like it will simply say "well, even if they can't help it, should we still condone it?"

I pose you and anyone else against homosexual marriage this question: Would you consider an act of homosexuality (be it two men holding hands in public, or two women kissing in a parking garage, nothing overt like a public sex act...) to be a criminal offense? Do you think that gays should be thrown in jail for being gay?

Of course not. But I don't want my tax dollars supporting their sick need to be seen as legally "married," either.

Marriage is a man and a woman. It's been that way throughout history. It needs to stay that way. The gays and their in-your-face rhetoric condemning those of us that don't agree with it have made up many minds for us. I wouldn't be so much against it if they'd shut the hell up and stop calling me a bigot and comparing themselves to Negroes who cannot help what skin color they are born with.

My taxes should not support someone's need to be deviant. Deviant in law or deviant in the bedroom. If they want my tax money, then yes: they can go to prison where I have no choice but to support them. Otherwise, they need to shut up and stop bragging about their bedroom activities. I don't care if you're gay and I don't care if your married. I do care about putting a lien on my taxes with garbage. Too much of that already.

Of course not. But I don't want my tax dollars supporting their sick need to be seen as legally "married," either.

Marriage is a man and a woman. It's been that way throughout history. It needs to stay that way. The gays and their in-your-face rhetoric condemning those of us that don't agree with it have made up many minds for us. I wouldn't be so much against it if they'd shut the hell up and stop calling me a bigot and comparing themselves to Negroes who cannot help what skin color they are born with.

My taxes should not support someone's need to be deviant. Deviant in law or deviant in the bedroom. If they want my tax money, then yes: they can go to prison where I have no choice but to support them. Otherwise, they need to shut up and stop bragging about their bedroom activities. I don't care if you're gay and I don't care if your married. I do care about putting a lien on my taxes with garbage. Too much of that already.
There are very few "in-your-face" gays. I realize that those are the ones you see on TV, and possibly the only ones you have any experience with, but most gay people are too ashamed (I guess, I couldn't really find the right word) to be open about it in fear of it changing people's opinion of them. I go to a liberal arts university, my room mate is gay, and most of my very best friends are gay... They are NOT the flaming, overtly-homosexual type. They simply want what everyone else has, and I don't see why they shouldn't get it. There is absolutely no law ANYWHERE that has EVER said who marriage should be between.

For someone who is for the government staying out of private life, you sure do have mixed views.... You advocate that the government can't tell you what to do with your guns, but turn around and say that they should be allowed to tell the people who can and can't get married? I don't see how that can work out...

You say you wouldn't be so against it if they would shut up... But if they weren't vocal about their views, do you REALLY think they would be heard? Do you think slaves would have suddenly gained their freedom if they didn't say anything or try to do something about it? Do you think some Georgia Cracker would have just said "Ya know, I thank keepin' these here Negroes as slaves is jus' wrong! We oughta let 'em go free; treat 'em like real human bein's!"

I HIGHLY doubt it.

You say that you don't care if they're gay and don't care if they are married... Then why argue so vehemently against it? Who are you arguing this with, me or yourself? Are you trying to prove to ME that you don't care about it? Or trying to fool yourself into thinking that you're right?

You say you don't want your money to go to their "sick" need to be legally married... What do you think is more costly, a marriage or a divorce? The choir director at a church we often collaborate choirs with is gay. He and his partner have been together for going on 25 years. A woman in my church choir has already had 2 husbands, and says that they deserve to be married before she does... Again.

How would gays being allowed to marry take from your tax dollars anyway?

How is marriage public? Other than the wedding ring, where is the public, noticeable evidence of marriage? Public displays of affection occur even when a couple isn't married, so that's out of the picture... I just don't see where there is a huge difference between a gay couple holding hands with a wedding ring and a gay couple holding hands without wearing a ring.
"I just don't see" That is obvious.

Do you realize how similar this is to the civil rights movement? The women's suffrage movement? If people didn't have the courage to speak out, we'd probably still be drinking tea at noon and saying things like "bloody" as curse words... How can a nation that was founded because of discrimination be so discriminatory itself? If African-Americans didn't speak out against slavery, and get the ball rolling, we'd probably still have slaves... When the civil rights movement first began, there wasn't a lot of support behind it. But gradually, people began to realize that to treat someone differently (in other words, extremely harshly) because of the color of their skin was inherently WRONG. When women started demanding equal treatment, regardless of their gender, the idea wasn't popular... The popular belief was that women were somehow a lesser species because of their sex... But there was still a vocal minority who spoke out against it... And I'm sure there were people like you who blatantly denied the equal treatment of both African-Americans AND women. But eventually, those people became the minority, as the majority began to "see the light" if you will. Now, the movement of our generation is the movement of homosexual equality... The idea that because a person chooses a lifestyle different from "the norm" that that person shouldn't be treated differently. Right now, it is simply a "vocal minority," but as people start to see that they are just people like everyone else in the world, that minority will slowly build momentum and support and eventually, it WILL (I will personally guarantee it) become the majority. Because this is nothing more than the newest civil rights movement, and as such, equality will rule.

To bad you don't read your own posts, they are extremely funny.

"If African-Americans didn't speak out against slavery, and get the ball rolling, we'd probably still have slaves..."
You are aware that both freedmen and slaves were not listened too. Even as the Constitution was written the founding fathers knew slavery was wrong. They also new that if it was not allowed the Union would not survive it's birth. And 70 years later when slavery ended the Union was close to not surviving.
And by the way comparing the gay rights movement to the Black civil rights movement is offensive to Blacks. Probably influenced the Black population in California to vote 65% for Proposition 8 in California.

"When women started demanding equal treatment, regardless of their gender"
Regardless of their gender?

"The idea that because a person chooses a lifestyle..."

Here it is, they chose their lifestyle, so let them live it.
And let us choose to not accept it. We have a right to make our own choices same as them, and we have to live with our choices the same as they should.
There is no discrimination they made their choice.

*steps off soap box*
More like fell of it.

Reading Rob's post reminds me of an old Public service commercial.
Opening scene:
A hand holding an egg.
Commentary:
"This is your Brain"
Next scene:
Hand cracks egg and pours it into a hot iron frying pan.
Commentary:
"This is your Brain on drugs"

This is not to suggest that Rob is on drugs. Just that some of his comments seem like their are out of an old Cheech & Chong movie.:lol:

"I just don't see" That is obvious.

"If African-Americans didn't speak out against slavery, and get the ball rolling, we'd probably still have slaves..."
You are aware that both freedmen and slaves were not listened too. Even as the Constitution was written the founding fathers knew slavery was wrong. They also new that if it was not allowed the Union would not survive it's birth. And 70 years later when slavery ended the Union was close to not surviving.
And by the way comparing the gay rights movement to the Black civil rights movement is offensive to Blacks. Probably influenced the Black population in California to vote 65% for Proposition 8 in California.
And yet there was NOTHING written in the Constitution about slavery ending. (When the Constitution was originally written.)
Funny... I have a black friend who is gay sitting right next to me, and he finds the fact that you consider him "not worthy" of being able to get married MUCH more offensive than any type of comparison between civil movements.
"When women started demanding equal treatment, regardless of their gender"
Regardless of their gender?
When you cut the rest of the statement out, it doesn't make sense... (Ring any bells?!?!) The complete idea was the fact that when they STARTED to demand equal treatment regardless of gender, the idea wasn't popular... Because people thought that their gender was somehow inferior to men...
"The idea that because a person chooses a lifestyle..."

Here it is, they chose their lifestyle, so let them live it.
And let us choose to not accept it. We have a right to make our own choices same as them, and we have to live with our choices the same as they should.
There is no discrimination they made their choice.
You're right... You do. And just like in every gay rights thread before this, we'll have to agree to disagree because there's nothing I can do to change your mind, and there's nothing you can do to change mine. It's obvious that we'll have to chalk it up to differences in parenthood, because I don't see how a person can blatantly deny another person something just because they don't like a choice that person made (as long as that person's choice wasn't overtly illegal)...

More like fell of it.

Reading Rob's post reminds me of an old Public service commercial.
Opening scene:
A hand holding an egg.
Commentary:
"This is your Brain"
Next scene:
Hand cracks egg and pours it into a hot iron frying pan.
Commentary:
"This is your Brain on drugs"

This is not to suggest that Rob is on drugs. Just that some of his comments seem like their are out of an old Cheech & Chong movie.:lol:
Two words... Grammar lessons.

And PLEASE stick to the topic at hand... For the love of GOD, keep any types of references to anything else out of it.

There are very few "in-your-face" gays. I realize that those are the ones you see on TV, and possibly the only ones you have any experience with, but most gay people are too ashamed (I guess, I couldn't really find the right word) to be open about it in fear of it changing people's opinion of them. I go to a liberal arts university, my room mate is gay, and most of my very best friends are gay... They are NOT the flaming, overtly-homosexual type. They simply want what everyone else has, and I don't see why they shouldn't get it. There is absolutely no law ANYWHERE that has EVER said who marriage should be between.

That is incorrect. There are laws in every single state that dictate the stipulations of the marriage contract: you may not marry a relative, you may not marry underage, and etc.

Let's not fill the thread with falsehoods. If you don't know, ask. If you think you know, research. If you're sure you do know, double check.

For someone who is for the government staying out of private life, you sure do have mixed views.... You advocate that the government can't tell you what to do with your guns, but turn around and say that they should be allowed to tell the people who can and can't get married? I don't see how that can work out...

What part of Constitutionally protected right are you not getting? I have no right to get married. I do have a right to firearms. Do they not teach the Constitution and the Bill of Rights in school any more?

Regardless, marriage is a STATE issue, not a federal one. State law is and should be the will of the people that reside within that state. While that is still government per se, it is not on the level of government that is firearms or any other Constitutional issue.

You say you wouldn't be so against it if they would shut up... But if they weren't vocal about their views, do you REALLY think they would be heard? Do you think slaves would have suddenly gained their freedom if they didn't say anything or try to do something about it? Do you think some Georgia Cracker would have just said "Ya know, I thank keepin' these here Negroes as slaves is jus' wrong! We oughta let 'em go free; treat 'em like real human bein's!"

I HIGHLY doubt it.

Good LORD, man! You need a refund for your tuition, brother.

It wasn't a Georgia cracker. It was a Kentucky cracker. His name was Abraham Lincoln. And before you call my ability to understand you into question - yes, of course the blacks were vocal about their equality. But it was a WHITE man -- many of them, actually -- that knew it was immoral; they didn't need someone to tell them it was, as all men being created equal wasn't lost on them.

But here you and they go again: comparing yourselves to blacks. I said before that you cannot prove that they are born that way, and you cannot. A black man cannot help being black. It is discrimination to deny a black man the same rights as a white man. Comparing that to a choice in sexual partner is as absurd as it is insulting.

You say that you don't care if they're gay and don't care if they are married... Then why argue so vehemently against it? Who are you arguing this with, me or yourself? Are you trying to prove to ME that you don't care about it? Or trying to fool yourself into thinking that you're right?

You say you don't want your money to go to their "sick" need to be legally married... What do you think is more costly, a marriage or a divorce? The choir director at a church we often collaborate choirs with is gay. He and his partner have been together for going on 25 years. A woman in my church choir has already had 2 husbands, and says that they deserve to be married before she does... Again.

How would gays being allowed to marry take from your tax dollars anyway?

I'm not going to sit here and list the tax laws associated with marriage to you. Educate yourself. They are numerous, and if you pay taxes then part of your money goes to the tax breaks of married individuals.

What I said was accurate: I do not care if they want to marry. I supported and still do support their legal union.

I object to their tactics and the slippery slope they constantly employ to override the will of the people.

Let me say that again: it is the precedent it sets.

See, first they said, "Hey, all we want is to not be treated differently." Poof, the government makes hate laws protecting them.

Good enough? Nope. Read on, Macbeth!

Then they ran right back to the same legislature and said, "We demand that homosexuality be taught in schools as natural!" A heavy sigh was heard, as well as loud outcry from the people, but they were now considered "equal" and, therefore, had a right not to be discriminated against in school.

Done now, right? Think again.

"We want civil unions! That's all we want!" The government said NO - resoundingly. Marriage, they determined, was between one man and one woman of consenting age that were not related by blood. "Oh, no, we don't want marriage! We just want the legal rights. We'll never want marriage itself. Give us civil unions instead and we'll be happy."

So the government once again cowed to their pressure and reversed the decision. They were granted civil unions, as well as the current DA/DT policy in the military.

Guess where that led us? Now they want the very term "marriage" changed to include them! To HELL with over 200 years of American Christian values. I am special, hear me roar, gimme gimme gimme. And suddenly, DA/DT is also inadequate!

And this after they said they wouldn't! Does it ever end? What's next, a gay stimulus package to steal more of my money?

I am fed up with their crap. All of it. I have never discriminated against anyone just because they're gay. But because I respect the Judeo-Christian values the founders of our Constitution built this nation on, I am CONSTANTLY labeled a bigot and told I AM discriminatory. Iowa just said so, for crying out loud.

This is the slippery slope, the precedent, that I fear. It's never enough with them. Give them an inch and they want a mile, to borrow the adage. They pervade almost every aspect of daily life. They're plastered over the TV - the show isn't "hip" if it doesn't have flamers in it (and yes, I know most gays are not flamers, but that is the embellishment of Hollywood for you). Every day they are on the news screaming about their so-called oppression. They have even invaded the schools to proselytize their garbage to kids! KIDS! I don't want my kids learning about sexual preference in public school - what part of the three R's does THAT fall under?

More than that, though, is what they take away from the rest of us to get the special treatment they want. I refuse to allow them to take marriage away, too. Enough is freaking enough. When you're talking about changing the very foundation this nation was built on, I draw the line. The forefathers are spinning in their graves. Liberals are wrecking this REPUBLIC, and they are in cahoots with the gays to make us Europe, part deux. Well, I don't want to be Little Europe. I enjoy being rogue. It's why we seceded in the first place!

I'm all for gays being happy. Honestly. I never have and never will want anything to block their happiness, any more than I want barriers in the way of my own happiness.

But I am also for keeping the tenets that is the nation of the United States of America. Gay marriage is not in keeping with that foundation, in my humble opinion.

We've taken God out of everything. Whether you believe in Him or not, our founding fathers did. The laws they enacted and the rights they bestowed upon us are faith based.

And no, I don't believe that all gay people are going to hell. I'm not God, and it isn't my decision. I have no room to judge anyone, as I have enough sins of my own to contend with. And I do believe that SOME people are born gay, just like some people are born geniuses and some people are born alcoholics. But I say that the vast majority of them are making a decision. They are liberals that want America to change.

Between their whining and sniveling and moaning about how I oppress them, I am just fed up with it. Move to France. What's wrong with civil unions? Why attack the tradition of the definition that is "marriage?" There's one reason and one reason ONLY to want that change, and it isn't equality.

It's nothing against anyone that is honestly gay. It's the social changes I object to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back