Iowa Supreme Court Overturns Gay Marriage Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my heritage. My grandmother and grandfather met and came to America.

Grandmother's side lived in Dublin and Grandfather's side lived in Galway.

Why do you ask?

That's a totally invalid argument. I could say your statement made you sound like Albert Einstein, but that doesn't give you a degree in physics.

Del Boy: Okay, so age has humility. Does it also give permission to attempt to humiliate those younger with the whole line of "Someday you'll understand" bull**** and a line of how everyone has it harder than me? Are you suggesting that I lack the appreciation of life that others who are older might have? Have you missed my arguments during the course of this thread in trying to give equal rights to others? Perhaps being closer to death makes one more appreciative of life? Please do enlighten me on this.

No one has permission to render anything you say as invalid due to your age.

However, I ask you to understand that the "I am older than you" line does bear merit. You cannot live until you've lived, to quote Godfrey. In other words, years lived glean insight. You have every right to your perspective now. But many of us contend that we once shared your sense of altruism only to be taught differently in the marching on of time.

For it isn't time that changes - WE change, my friend. Time is symbiotic with us. It cannot exist without our perception of it, and we cannot exist without it to judge the base of our existence on. Both render an opinion that is a prodigy of the time elapsed. We all have a different past, but we all have a destined future.

This Union is a REPUBLIC: it is akin to a child - as it learns, it adapts.

But the parent must ask themselves if the "lesson" they purport is edification or punishment. To what end does a chastising meet?

Some of us here know through experience what works as preventative. I would suggest that you not oppose those who are attempting to save you the trouble we've lived.

Without attempting to be patronising, that is what I would rate a great mature sentiment.

The writing has high merit on its own account, as they would say in days gone -by 'the work of a man of letters ' and as for content, well, I would recommend it all who read it. I could listen to that all day, and perhaps even without interrupting!

More please, for these boards; when this worn topic is put to one side.

Apologies for spouting; fine writing eases my mind, engages my senses.

( So does great rock and great soccer, it has to be said.)

AZ - I don't suppose you play guitar and soccer too - do ya'.:smil:

Last edited:
I'm glad you know me better Rob! :smil:

I'm simply giving credit and support where I believe it is due. Threads can do with as much of what is meaningful as possible, and some amongst us have come up against poignant life experience and have the talent of being able to express it. Life in the raw, being taken on the chin through necessity, is very, very difficult to speak of.

Me? I am merely clapping from the touchlines; wishing to say 'Gimme Five pal.' That's all. It ain't much to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back