INVENTIONS - English Speaking World

modplod

I thought it might be interesting to list here some of the important inventions of the ENGLISH SPEAKING (Anglo-Saxon) WORLD.

I will start with this list:

The ENGLISH LANGUAGE is probably the most important invention.

Sports

Nearly ALL the worlds major sports were invented by the Brits.

Association Football (English)
Rugby (English)
Golf (English)
Tennis (English)
Table Tennis (English)
Snooker (English)
Cricket (English)

:spam: A British invention during WW1.

This list should include the inventions of USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia etc...

Oh dear it would seem the above countries were also British inventions!

SCRUB THE ABOVE - I have just had a look on Wikipedia and have seen the huge lists of inventions for all the above English Speaking Countries of the world. Far too many to list here.

We might as well just say the the ENGLISH speaking countries of the world have invented nearly ALL the most important things (apologies to the French and Germans).

I thought it might be interesting to list here some of the important inventions of the ENGLISH SPEAKING (Anglo-Saxon) WORLD.

I will start with this list:

The ENGLISH LANGUAGE is probably the most important invention.

Sports

Nearly ALL the worlds major sports were invented by the Brits.

Association Football (English)
Rugby (English)
Golf (English)
Tennis (English)
Table Tennis (English)
Snooker (English)
Cricket (English)

:spam: A British invention during WW1.

This list should include the inventions of USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia etc...

Oh dear it would seem the above countries were also British inventions!

SCRUB THE ABOVE - I have just had a look on Wikipedia and have seen the huge lists of inventions for all the above English Speaking Countries of the world. Far too many to list here.

We might as well just say the the ENGLISH speaking countries of the world have invented nearly ALL the most important things (apologies to the French and Germans).
DO NOT leave the Germans out in the cold as of yet........

German-sausages.jpg

them pesky Brits tried to stick us with some haggis thing...... Germany saved the day.... YUM!!!

Just have a look on Wikipedia at the number of things invented on the back of the English/British and their language. That includes the USA because the country was more or less founded by the English (with some French inteference).

Over the years the USA has changed dramatically. There are now thousands of blacks and hispanics who have utterly changed the face of that great country. Some will no doubt say these new immigrants have bought a lot to the party. I'm not so sure about this myself... The latest election there proves that the immigrants now have a whip hand over the whites there. It only takes a small minority of whites to vote for a black man for the black man to win!

The white Europeans who made the USA are starting to become a minority in their own country. This has already happened back in the mother country (Britain).

The rest of the world often criticises the English speaking countries of the world without taking into account what the Anglo-Saxons did for the rest of the world.

Personally I forcee a time in the not too distant future when the white English speakers around the world will ALL need to stick together in order to defend their culture and way of life. Their culture is clearly under threat from the third-world invaders in their own lands.

The USA is fast becoming a Spanish speaking country.

Have you ever wondered why it is that it is always the same (English speaking countries) that fight facism and tyranical regimes around the world. The rest of the world stands idly by...

Have you also noticed how ISLAM is always at the heart of the wars.

Just have a look on Wikipedia at the number of things invented on the back of the English/British and their language. That includes the USA because the country was more or less founded by the English (with some French inteference).

Over the years the USA has changed dramatically. There are now thousands of blacks and hispanics who have utterly changed the face of that great country. Some will no doubt say these new immigrants have bought a lot to the party. I'm not so sure about this myself... The latest election there proves that the immigrants now have a whip hand over the whites there. It only takes a small minority of whites to vote for a black man for the black man to win!

The white Europeans who made the USA are starting to become a minority in their own country. This has already happened back in the mother country (Britain).

The rest of the world often criticises the English speaking countries of the world without taking into account what the Anglo-Saxons did for the rest of the world.

Personally I forcee a time in the not too distant future when the white English speakers around the world will ALL need to stick together in order to defend their culture and way of life. Their culture is clearly under threat from the third-world invaders in their own lands.

The USA is fast becoming a Spanish speaking country.

Have you ever wondered why it is that it is always the same (English speaking countries) that fight facism and tyranical regimes around the world. The rest of the world stands idly by...

Have you also noticed how ISLAM is always at the heart of the wars.
Have you ever studied world history :sarc:

Yes.

My comments concern English speaking nations of the world. This does NOT include the French. I would add here that I have precisely NOTHING against the French or Germans or indeed the Spanish or Italians (the main European powers). I do NOT view any of these civilised countries to be a threat to Anglo-Saxon Christian culture as they all share similar values. If our shared culture and values are to survive we shall need to stick together.

No one seems to understand the difference between someone who merely holds a recently given passport and someone from the same place whose ethnic roots go back hundereds of years.

It's not racist to want your own people to be at the front of the queue in their own lands.

Finally I have no problem with anyone coming to my country if they come eager to contribute towards the good of the country, take due notice of the laws, don't become a drain on resources and above all are loyal to the country and it's peoples.

The thread is about the English Speaking Countries of the world and the fact it is always these countries who seem to fight the rest of the worlds fights. The evidence of this is apparent in recent NATO actions in Iraq/Afghan where non English speaking countries of the world have been reluctant to get involved on the frontline.

You need to look at the casualty figures which demonstrate this clearly:

1. USA (English speaking)
2. UK (English)
3. Canada (English speaking)

The Australians and Kiwis have done their bit too (in relation to the size of their armed forces).

I realise that other countries have also lost soldiers. The point I'm making here is purely about the numbers.

Last edited:
English is a more inventive language since it is a mixture of several languages. It also has less strict grammar rules as well.

These two factors also make it a harder language to learn.

In relation to the size of their armed forces - then Denmark is the nation which has lost most soldiers (non-English speaking)

Bangers and Spotted Dick- the first time I heard of them was like, whats wrong with this English- don't they have better names for these dishes...?

Modern day golf isn't an English invention, its Scottish.

The modern game originated in Scotland, where the first written record of golf is James II's banning of the game in 1457, as an unwelcome distraction to learning archery. To many golfers, the Old Course at St Andrews, a links course dating to before 1574, is considered to be a site of pilgrimage. Golf is documented as being played on Musselburgh Links, East Lothian, Scotland as early as 2 March 1672, which is certified as the oldest golf course in the world by Guinness World Records. The oldest surviving rules of golf were compiled in March 1744 for the Company of Gentlemen Golfers, later renamed The Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers, which was played at Leith, Scotland. The world's oldest golf tournament in existence, and golf's first major, is The Open Championship, which was first played on 17 October 1860 at Prestwick Golf Club, in Ayrshire, Scotland.

Curry powder- it is an invention of the British, or more accurately- carry powder.

When the British were administering India, they somehow took a liking to the dishes found in India. What they did, to cut story short, is to have the spices be made in powder form for easier storage and transportation. This in turn give rise to the term "carry" powder, which eventually became curry, as we know it...

This isn't a FRENCH bashing thread, the French are up there with the likes of Britain when it comes to inventions.

After research it is confirmed that the modern game of TENNIS is in fact an ENGLISH invention not French.

Golf is indeed a Scottish invention. Scotland is still a province of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

FACT - Most of the worlds most important inventions were in the main invented by the British, USA, France, Germany.

TENNIS

The modern game of tennis originated in Birmingham, England, in the late 19th century as "lawn tennis".[2] It had close connections both to various field ("lawn") games such as croquet and bowls as well as to the older raquet sport of real tennis. During most of the 19th-century in fact, the term "tennis" referred to real tennis, not lawn tennis: for example, in Disraeli's novel Sybil (1845), Lord Eugene De Vere announces that he will "go down to Hampton Court and play tennis. As it is the Derby [classic horse race], nobody will be there".

TABLE TENNIS
The game originated as a sport in England during the 1880s, where it was played among the upper-class as an after-dinner parlour game.[5][6] It has been suggested that the game was first developed by British military officers in India or South Africa who brought it back with them.[7] A row of books were stood up along the center of the table as a net, two more books served as rackets and were used to continuously hit a golf-ball from one end of the table to the other. Alternatively table tennis was played with paddles made of cigar box lids and balls made of champagne corks. The popularity of the game led game manufacturers to sell the equipment commercially. Early rackets were often pieces of parchment stretched upon a frame, and the sound generated in play gave the game its first nicknames of "wiff-waff" and "ping-pong". A number of sources indicate that the game was first brought to the attention of Hamley's of Regent Street under the name "Gossima".[8][9] The name "ping-pong" was in wide use before British manufacturer J. Jaques & Son Ltd trademarked it in 1901. The name "ping-pong" then came to be used for the game played by the rather expensive Jaques's equipment, with other manufacturers calling it table tennis. A similar situation arose in the United States, where Jaques sold the rights to the "ping-pong" name to Parker Brothers.

Last edited:
This isn't a FRENCH bashing thread, the French are up there with the likes of Britain when it comes to inventions.

After research it is confirmed that the modern game of TENNIS is in fact an ENGLISH invention not French.

Golf is indeed a Scottish invention. Scotland is still a province of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

FACT - Most of the worlds most important inventions were in the main invented by the British, USA, France, Germany.
Pretty arrogant attitude you exhibit and at the same time you advocate for your own stupidity

"Die Herrenrasse" does not exist.

Back