INVENTIONS - English Speaking World

--

November 19th, 2012  
modplod

Topic: INVENTIONS - English Speaking World

I thought it might be interesting to list here some of the important inventions of the ENGLISH SPEAKING (Anglo-Saxon) WORLD.

I will start with this list:

The ENGLISH LANGUAGE is probably the most important invention.

Sports

Nearly ALL the worlds major sports were invented by the Brits.

Association Football (English)
Rugby (English)
Golf (English)
Tennis (English)
Table Tennis (English)
Snooker (English)
Cricket (English)

A British invention during WW1.

This list should include the inventions of USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia etc...

Oh dear it would seem the above countries were also British inventions!

SCRUB THE ABOVE - I have just had a look on Wikipedia and have seen the huge lists of inventions for all the above English Speaking Countries of the world. Far too many to list here.

We might as well just say the the ENGLISH speaking countries of the world have invented nearly ALL the most important things (apologies to the French and Germans).
November 19th, 2012  
m551sheridan

Quote:
Originally Posted by modplod
I thought it might be interesting to list here some of the important inventions of the ENGLISH SPEAKING (Anglo-Saxon) WORLD.

I will start with this list:

The ENGLISH LANGUAGE is probably the most important invention.

Sports

Nearly ALL the worlds major sports were invented by the Brits.

Association Football (English)
Rugby (English)
Golf (English)
Tennis (English)
Table Tennis (English)
Snooker (English)
Cricket (English)

A British invention during WW1.

This list should include the inventions of USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia etc...

Oh dear it would seem the above countries were also British inventions!

SCRUB THE ABOVE - I have just had a look on Wikipedia and have seen the huge lists of inventions for all the above English Speaking Countries of the world. Far too many to list here.

We might as well just say the the ENGLISH speaking countries of the world have invented nearly ALL the most important things (apologies to the French and Germans).
DO NOT leave the Germans out in the cold as of yet........

them pesky Brits tried to stick us with some haggis thing...... Germany saved the day.... YUM!!!
November 19th, 2012  
modplod

Just have a look on Wikipedia at the number of things invented on the back of the English/British and their language. That includes the USA because the country was more or less founded by the English (with some French inteference).

Over the years the USA has changed dramatically. There are now thousands of blacks and hispanics who have utterly changed the face of that great country. Some will no doubt say these new immigrants have bought a lot to the party. I'm not so sure about this myself... The latest election there proves that the immigrants now have a whip hand over the whites there. It only takes a small minority of whites to vote for a black man for the black man to win!

The white Europeans who made the USA are starting to become a minority in their own country. This has already happened back in the mother country (Britain).

The rest of the world often criticises the English speaking countries of the world without taking into account what the Anglo-Saxons did for the rest of the world.

Personally I forcee a time in the not too distant future when the white English speakers around the world will ALL need to stick together in order to defend their culture and way of life. Their culture is clearly under threat from the third-world invaders in their own lands.

The USA is fast becoming a Spanish speaking country.

Have you ever wondered why it is that it is always the same (English speaking countries) that fight facism and tyranical regimes around the world. The rest of the world stands idly by...

Have you also noticed how ISLAM is always at the heart of the wars.
--
November 19th, 2012  
Tankboy

Si.senor
November 19th, 2012  
Froggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by modplod
Just have a look on Wikipedia at the number of things invented on the back of the English/British and their language. That includes the USA because the country was more or less founded by the English (with some French inteference).

Over the years the USA has changed dramatically. There are now thousands of blacks and hispanics who have utterly changed the face of that great country. Some will no doubt say these new immigrants have bought a lot to the party. I'm not so sure about this myself... The latest election there proves that the immigrants now have a whip hand over the whites there. It only takes a small minority of whites to vote for a black man for the black man to win!

The white Europeans who made the USA are starting to become a minority in their own country. This has already happened back in the mother country (Britain).

The rest of the world often criticises the English speaking countries of the world without taking into account what the Anglo-Saxons did for the rest of the world.

Personally I forcee a time in the not too distant future when the white English speakers around the world will ALL need to stick together in order to defend their culture and way of life. Their culture is clearly under threat from the third-world invaders in their own lands.

The USA is fast becoming a Spanish speaking country.

Have you ever wondered why it is that it is always the same (English speaking countries) that fight facism and tyranical regimes around the world. The rest of the world stands idly by...

Have you also noticed how ISLAM is always at the heart of the wars.
Have you ever studied world history
November 19th, 2012  
modplod

Yes.

My comments concern English speaking nations of the world. This does NOT include the French. I would add here that I have precisely NOTHING against the French or Germans or indeed the Spanish or Italians (the main European powers). I do NOT view any of these civilised countries to be a threat to Anglo-Saxon Christian culture as they all share similar values. If our shared culture and values are to survive we shall need to stick together.

No one seems to understand the difference between someone who merely holds a recently given passport and someone from the same place whose ethnic roots go back hundereds of years.

It's not racist to want your own people to be at the front of the queue in their own lands.

Finally I have no problem with anyone coming to my country if they come eager to contribute towards the good of the country, take due notice of the laws, don't become a drain on resources and above all are loyal to the country and it's peoples.

The thread is about the English Speaking Countries of the world and the fact it is always these countries who seem to fight the rest of the worlds fights. The evidence of this is apparent in recent NATO actions in Iraq/Afghan where non English speaking countries of the world have been reluctant to get involved on the frontline.

You need to look at the casualty figures which demonstrate this clearly:

1. USA (English speaking)
2. UK (English)
3. Canada (English speaking)

The Australians and Kiwis have done their bit too (in relation to the size of their armed forces).

I realise that other countries have also lost soldiers. The point I'm making here is purely about the numbers.
November 19th, 2012  
AdamAllen

English is a more inventive language since it is a mixture of several languages. It also has less strict grammar rules as well.

These two factors also make it a harder language to learn.
November 19th, 2012  
NP8901

In relation to the size of their armed forces - then Denmark is the nation which has lost most soldiers (non-English speaking)
November 20th, 2012  
r.fox

the word "quiz" is an english invention
November 20th, 2012  
m551sheridan

didn't the Brits invent this??