INVENTIONS - English Speaking World

Games of racket and ball (including real tennis in Great Britain, royal tennis in Australia, and court tennis in the United States, all of which are the same game and played indoors) originated from a 12th and 13th century French handball game called jeu de paume (game of the palm). In 1873, Major Walter Wingfield invented a game called sphairistikè, from which modern outdoor tennis evolved. - Encyclopedia Britannica

Pretty arrogant attitude you exhibit and at the same time you advocate for your own stupidity

"Die Herrenrasse" does not exist.
We can safely derive from this little outburst that NP8901 isn't British, American, French or German! :p

I see now - 8901= Falklands RM detachment at Moody Brook outside Port Stanley 1982. Silly me. :roll:

Pity to see Rex Hunt died last week. :(

-snip- ...The thread is about the English Speaking Countries of the world and the fact it is always these countries who seem to fight the rest of the worlds fights. The evidence of this is apparent in recent NATO actions in Iraq/Afghan where non English speaking countries of the world have been reluctant to get involved on the frontline.

You need to look at the casualty figures which demonstrate this clearly:

1. USA (English speaking)
2. UK (English)
3. Canada (English speaking)

The Australians and Kiwis have done their bit too (in relation to the size of their armed forces).

I realise that other countries have also lost soldiers. The point I'm making here is purely about the numbers. ...

Sorry, Sir, but this is wide open to interpretation (and I interpret the same data quite differently):

There is a strong theory in European armies that the high casuality rate of e.g. the US has quite a lot to do with the kind of attitude the soldiers in question exhibit as a sign of cultural infantility.

I remember the story of US soldiers (Iraq) in a city district taking a leak onto the street off their tanks - and were surprised a few got shot dead in a district considered harmless up to then. Investigation showed that this (in Iraquis eyes offensive) behaviour had triggered a massive rejection to the point where attacks were considered a legitimate response even by the "oridnary" civilian that had supported the invasion.

So, maybe the Spanish - to just to name one nation as example again - with their history of having lived 800 years under Arab regime and culture, have less casualities compared to force size because of better occupantional strategies than the US with its 200+ years old culture?

Just saying that I find your assumption that the casuality figures are indicators of how seriously the nations in question are taking the operatiion quite this: An assumption, not really based on facts.

Rattler

Last edited:
Back