Invasion USA - possibility or myth?

Danger of ground invasion USA - reality?

• No, there is no danger for USA to be invaded

Votes: 43 39.4%
  • Yes, there is a threat for USA to be invaded

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • No, there is no danger at the moment, however such threat can arise in a future

Votes: 46 42.2%
  • USA is already invaded!!!

Votes: 10 9.2%

• Total voters

Supostat

This topic had been mentioned in various context already, in discussions about US `People Militia` as well in popular media (movies - `Red Dawn`, `Invasion USA`, TV show `Jericho`, PC games `World in Conflict` etc.).

So the question - is there a REAL power/enemy who either wanted and could invade USA? The ICBM attack or major terror acts won't be enough, the direct military invasion is considered.

My opinion is - no, there is not. Nobody posses such resources to invade ground of USA.

Anything is possible...

I believe that anything is possible. Look at 9/11. Did anybody really think that someone would try to use planes as weapons? I think that we should be ready for anything. :horsie:

I can't see USA being "invaded" in the foreseeable future according to the true sense of the word. I think that the countries that perhaps have the manpower lack a credible logistic ability.

The only nations that possess both the technology and manpower to invade the USA (India, China) do not have anything like the logistical requirements. Until Star Trek style transporters are invented and become commonplace nor will they have either.

I think I can safely say that the USA is pretty much immune to a military invasion at the present time and for the foreseeable future.

Since the advent of nuclear weapons those countries that possess them and have reasonably advanced means of delivering them are largely immune to a conventional invasion. WMD or not, if it was seriously thought that Saddam had a nuclear weapons capability that could have been delivered with the adapted longer range Scuds, I doubt if Iraq would have been invaded in view of what could happen to Kuwait city, Tel Aviv and other middle eastern cities. That is why the US are so eager to avoid Iran developing them.

The US and other Western countries can only be 'invaded' by terrorism since it is difficult for advanced countries to retaliate at a diversified but determined enemy. I suspect the UK with its pro US foreign policy, cosmopolitan population, and lack of patriotism amongst the ethnic groups, is an obvious target.

The west will come under attack commercially over the long run as other countries particularly from SE Asia will be prepared to outwork and possibly out-think them. Empires rise and fall.

Last edited:
I feel that there is little to no chance of a military invasion of America in the near future. Like many other people i feel that there will be constance threat of a terrorist attack of different magnitudes for the foreseeable future

Any country who attemps to invade the US should attack Japan first, and freeze our electronics and steel.

We can no longer mobilize like we did in WWII. America does not have the industrial capacity.

Nope I can't see it happening main for reasons already stated, even if you could take the nuclear threat out of the argument the logistical difficulties alone would make such an event incredibly difficult.

To a large degree the same issues would apply to much of Europe and Russia, I suspect the days of large scale warfare between first world nations is pretty much over.

There is surely no need for an invasion, hardly any country exists which does not have undercover agents working in the USA. So please - just keep your eyes open.

That last option...

No - Honestly, I believe it is possible, but unlikely...
Then again, I'm no expert on this kind of stuff, and there are many factors to consider when thinking, realistically, about an invasion.

Won't happen in my lifetime, but I won't reject the possibility somewhere in the unforeseeable future, who knows what the world will be like in 100 years? Unless Navies become obsolete the United States won't really have anything to fear. 3,000 miles of ocean on one wide, 6,000 on the other and the world's most powerful navy making sure nobody gets antsy in those areas.

No - Honestly, I believe it is possible, but unlikely...
I will say - significant political and/or economical changes in the world are necessary to make ground invasion a real threat for US.

Any other threats/possible aggressors rather do not have enough resources (aircraft, vessels as well as modern enough weaponry) or their preparations for invasion certainly will be detected by the US intelligence (it is impossible is nowadays to conduct and prepare such operation against US-type country without being spotted from satellites or in other way of intelligence) and they will be preventively attacked.

Two Boomers alone would very effectively take away anywhere enemy forces call home. Then, really nasty things would happen to whatever is left of an invading force.

Two Boomers alone would very effectively take away anywhere enemy forces call home. Then, really nasty things would happen to whatever is left of an invading force.
Disputable... what if `invader's home` is a large, decentralized territory? In such case lot of nukes will be needed to destroy that `home`.

Won't happen in my lifetime, but I won't reject the possibility somewhere in the unforeseeable future, who knows what the world will be like in 100 years? Unless Navies become obsolete the United States won't really have anything to fear. 3,000 miles of ocean on one wide, 6,000 on the other and the world's most powerful navy making sure nobody gets antsy in those areas.

My point exactly. Also, Americans are armed. It would seem that the project would require a complete population wipe-out to leave an invader free to walk in later to nothing, and take over.

But of course, if there is one American is left - the invaders are dead! He- he.

Then the critics would complain - Boo! Play fair - he was hiding and crept up on us. What about the Geneva Convention? Take him to The Hague on war crimes.

Also, Americans are armed. It would seem that the project would require a complete population wipe-out to leave an invader free to walk in later to nothing, and take over.
Well, the `armed Americans` won't be key factor keeping America from invading. For example - Chechens, Iraqis and Afghanis also were pretty well armed (national sport of Chechens - shooting competitions from LAWs :lol: ) but it didn't help them safe from invasion.

So the key factor will be both technical advantage (both satellite and missile technologies) and oceans which keeps potential invaders away from America...

Back