Invasion USA - possibility or myth? - Page 5

View Poll Results :Danger of ground invasion USA - reality?
No, there is no danger for USA to be invaded 43 39.45%
Yes, there is a threat for USA to be invaded 10 9.17%
No, there is no danger at the moment, however such threat can arise in a future 46 42.20%
USA is already invaded!!! 10 9.17%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

--

May 8th, 2008  
Insomniac

Again, you all miss out the fear factor. If you see a group of soldiers (using the only knowledge of war i have here btw) marching up your street supported by a tank, 90% of people will just walk outside, offer cookies as peace and hope they don't get killed & raped. If just one person fights back, the town dies. would YOU fight back in that situation? without any military training AT ALL?
May 8th, 2008  
The Other Guy

The Resistance groups in Poland, France, Russia, etc. managed it during WWII.
May 8th, 2008  
AussieNick

Harassed; yes
Attacked; perhaps
Invaded; not a chance
--
May 8th, 2008  
justin1552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac
Again, you all miss out the fear factor. If you see a group of soldiers (using the only knowledge of war i have here btw) marching up your street supported by a tank, 90% of people will just walk outside, offer cookies as peace and hope they don't get killed & raped. If just one person fights back, the town dies. would YOU fight back in that situation? without any military training AT ALL?
Hell Yes. End of story. If we did get invaded, I would fight back, or die trying. That's just the way I am.
May 8th, 2008  
The Other Guy

I'd Join the Resistance movement. cross the countryside to take out bridges.
May 8th, 2008  
Supostat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac
would YOU fight back in that situation? without any military training AT ALL?
With no weapon I won't fight back. And I my part of world there is no such gun culture like in America... no personal rifles.
May 8th, 2008  
AussieNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin1552
Hell Yes. End of story. If we did get invaded, I would fight back, or die trying. That's just the way I am.
It's easy to talk big.

But really, most people wouldn't do squat, because in truth... it's uncomfortable and difficult. There is a 99% chance you would say "Bugger it, life's not so bad under the rule of *insert nation here*"

Quote:
You can take the dead soldier's AK, the grenades, extra ammo, and even though it's highly unlikely, their uniform, if there's no blood on it, and possibly get more ammunition and set up a sabotage op. And once again, it's highly unlikely for that to happen, but never underestimate the power of one's basic survival instincts.
Thats not survival instinct. That is a suicidal tendency.
May 8th, 2008  
justin1552

Ok, then that's just me..... I don't know why that's just the way I think.
May 8th, 2008  
AussieNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin1552
Ok, then that's just me..... I don't know why that's just the way I think.
As I say, thinking is one thing, actually acting is another.
May 9th, 2008  
major liability

I would certainly take single shots at the enemy with my Mosin from long range, then run after each one not to reappear until later. If I had time and a secure location, fertilizer bombs would be of great use. Of course, if they have helos with IR imaging I'm totally screwed.

I wouldn't mind dying for such a cause anyways, I am something of a nihilist and I would be satisfied if I even brought two enemies with me.

In addition, if things were going badly for the US, I'd strongly support glassing the enemy's homeland into a radioactive wasteland.