Invasion USA - possibility or myth?

Danger of ground invasion USA - reality?

• No, there is no danger for USA to be invaded

Votes: 43 39.4%
  • Yes, there is a threat for USA to be invaded

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • No, there is no danger at the moment, however such threat can arise in a future

Votes: 46 42.2%
  • USA is already invaded!!!

Votes: 10 9.2%

• Total voters
Well, the `armed Americans` won't be key factor keeping America from invading. For example - Chechens, Iraqis and Afghanis also were pretty well armed (national sport of Chechens - shooting competitions from LAWs :lol: ) but it didn't help them safe from invasion.

And look what happened!

Anyway I only that as an additional positive in the equation.

Ok, I think I worked out a scenario that could result in an invasion.

Ron Paul is elected to President for two terms, America returns to isolationism. Russia invades Europe, consolidates power as the French and British belly up to Russia following Germany's defeat and realize that no help is coming from an isolationist America. Italy, as always, swears allegiance to the EU but switches sides as hostilities begin. China joins with Russia, nukes Japan, US does nothing because we have an isolationist President. Putin resurrects the Russian Navy from the grave, selectively nukes key American military bases, with mind bullets, and the ensuing human wave of Russian, Euro and Chinese forces overwhelms Washington, Oregon and California. Paul does nothing because the aren't the "real" America anyways and because the yuppy liberals don't believe in guns they are powerless to stop them. Aliens invade, all human life ceases to exist save parts of West Virginia and Kentucky which are converted into Nature Reserves for Humans. Comet hits Earth and destroys all life, except cockroaches which feed on the twinkies that people had been stockpiling for years in case of a nuclear exchange. Allah, Jesus and Moses settle their differences, declare the Flying Spaghetti Monster the one true lord.

The above paragraph is in no way, shape or form an exaggeration.

Very good Damien. There is, of course, a two-word phrase in your post that the western world never considers properly, and the consequences thereof. The chaos would surely hit them like a ton of bricks, although I do not see USA falling nevertheless. The phrase is 'American Isolationism'.

Really enjoyed your Revelations scenario, and you didn't blame Geo W. once!

Well, the `armed Americans` won't be key factor keeping America from invading. For example - Chechens, Iraqis and Afghanis also were pretty well armed (national sport of Chechens - shooting competitions from LAWs :lol: ) but it didn't help them safe from invasion.

So the key factor will be both technical advantage (both satellite and missile technologies) and oceans which keeps potential invaders away from America...

I tend to agree I don't believe that an army capable of meeting and defeating the US on the battlefield really gives a flying rats :cen: about militias, the local gun hugging nutjob or anyone thats watched Red Dawn more times than was good for them, basically geographical isolation is the strongest security the US has.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read in a novel once that Imperial Russia had plans to slowly infiltrate the USA by way of migrating Siberians coming in over the Bering Strait. The idea would be that they would gradually move down into central USA and set up shop. Over generations they would gradually outstrip the locals and become the most prominent ethnic group in the US, a giant sleeper cell. I can't be sure how much of this is based on fact but I think the roots of it probably were.

One can also argue that the US is slowly being invaded by large numbers of Latin peoples, for instance via Mexico and Cuba by way of Miami. Indeed, if you go to Miami these days it's hard to find anyone speaking English. :p

I read in a novel once that Imperial Russia had plans to slowly infiltrate the USA by way of migrating Siberians coming in over the Bering Strait. The idea would be that they would gradually move down into central USA and set up shop. Over generations they would gradually outstrip the locals and become the most prominent ethnic group in the US, a giant sleeper cell. I can't be sure how much of this is based on fact but I think the roots of it probably were.

One can also argue that the US is slowly being invaded by large numbers of Latin peoples, for instance via Mexico and Cuba by way of Miami. Indeed, if you go to Miami these days it's hard to find anyone speaking English. :p

And that brings us back to "Red Dawn":whip:

Hi Ollie . No- first it brings us back to what is happening/has happened in Britain. Ladies and gentlemen - before your very eyes! Victory by population! It's here, it's real - it's what you deserve if you sleep on the watch-towers! Funny almost, - quite unbelievable.

Last edited:
Invasion by population is a legitimate possibility. Part of the reason illegals are despised so much over here is that they aren't making an effort to assimilate into American culture, every other ethnic group over the centuries has made an effort to join the "mainstream" American culture (Irish, Catholics, Germans, Italians, etc.) and each contributed something to the new American culture. The Hispanics of today are going out of their ways not to assimilate and to try and make Americans assimilate into Hispanic culture (Press 1 for English sound familiar?) We're a nation of immigrants, we don't hate immigrants in general, we hate the ones who want to make the locals change their ways. You don't see Americans moving to Jerusalem and demanding that the locals start eating hamburgers and speaking English. (Granted the latter doesn't work so well since English is the most widely spoken language in the world, but you get the point.)

Invading USA would represent a logistic problem in a Biblical scale, it's too big, and too far away.

And what if someone lands an amphibious force on the beaches, they have to face a major traficjam when they try to advance inland, and if they manage to advance inland, they are faced with even more inland...

Not even GWB would have tried something like that! :confused:

Armed people. Not gonna happen.
But how many of said armed people have the guts and the skill to take on soldiers. Apart from texans ofc :mrgreen:

Also, what about your ports? a massive invasion (or maybe a not-so-insanely-huge invasion) could come from a country shipping soldiers in 40foot shipping containers. A definite possibility, seeing as how you tend not to have a huge military presence near shipping ports. Hell, it could even come from a private dock.

Example:
Chinese peoples build massive port. They then stick their soldiers inside shipping containers and send them across the sea as "farm equipment". When they arrive at the port, they are taken out of the containers into underground barracks. When the mass is built up, they pour out and raep surroundings, recieving more backup from the now arrived chinese navy, who were on "exercises" near the coast.

Implausible, not impossible.

Last edited:
Think of fear as a factor though. This guy has his wife and kids in his house as well. He has a nice car, a nice life. If he picks up his hunting rifle and starts taking potshots at the soldiers, he'll kill a few and then they'll storm his house, kill him, his wife and his kids, then burn the building down.

And if he doesn't? They'll take his car, his house, his kids, his wife. It's a lose-lose.

I know I'd be out there fighting.

And if he doesn't? They'll take his car, his house, his kids, his wife. It's a lose-lose.

I know I'd be out there fighting.

I'd be hoping he had enough sense to put his wife and kids in the car and get the h*ll out of there before "they" knocked on his door, preferably torching the house before he left so it wouldn't be available to the enemy.

And if he choose to make an "Alamo" he still ought to send his wife and kids off in the car.

But I don't like to think about what a problem armed militia could represent to the regular US troops moving in to take on an invading force...
A guy with checkered luberjack-shirt, blue jeans, and a shotgun could be the target for both sides, not knowing wich side he was actually on.

There is no way that they could hold their ground. I've ran it through my head mutiple times. Speaking on real terms here, imagine an enemy trying to take the major gang cities and the projects? Compton, Trenton, LA... And to bring up an old thread, with gangs in the US military learning urban warface techniques and teaching it to fellow gang members in the cities, an invasion force would be fighting a somewhat, if not completely organized fighting force in those areas.

Now, we could be caught off gaurd, but we'd be able to bounce back. Everyday citizens, think about it, many non-military people play tactical airsoft, even though it'd be a bit different, know how to move in those sort of scenarios and have skills similar to the military training. Also, there are hunters all over the US, what makes you think they wouldn't be able to load a few .20 gauge rounds and fight back?

I've had many conversations with people about this, and I find it very interesting.

Speaking on real terms here, imagine an enemy trying to take the major gang cities and the projects? Compton, Trenton, LA... And to bring up an old thread, with gangs in the US military learning urban warface techniques and teaching it to fellow gang members in the cities, an invasion force would be fighting a somewhat, if not completely organized fighting force in those areas.
In such case invasion force will use means to destroy dangerous parts of cities permanently. Most likely, using air and MLRS strikes.
justin1552 said:
Everyday citizens, think about it, many non-military people play tactical airsoft, even though it'd be a bit different, know how to move in those sort of scenarios and have skills similar to the military training.
Airsoft gives some skills in terms of tactics, but it ignores bunch of threats which can occur in real situation. For example - indirect fire of artillery, mines, air strikes, etc.. Add to it basic surviving, since most of airsoft `battles` continue for hours, not for days, and after `combat` people return to their comfortable and safe home.
justin1552 said:
Also, there are hunters all over the US, what makes you think they wouldn't be able to load a few .20 gauge rounds and fight back?
I'll suggest those hunters to load rifles, not shotguns. And even in that case they won't have sufficient fire density to suppress group of enemy armed with full auto assault rifles...

I see a lot of what you're saying and in retrospect it makes total sense. But what about using an enemy's weapon against him. If you can kill one of their troops, without alerting others, like say he has to take a piss or something, you can still pillage the body for ammunition, and if it's a modern fighting force of say.... Irag or Iran, just for example. You can take the dead soldier's AK, the grenades, extra ammo, and even though it's highly unlikely, their uniform, if there's no blood on it, and possibly get more ammunition and set up a sabotage op. And once again, it's highly unlikely for that to happen, but never underestimate the power of one's basic survival instincts.

You're also right about the air strikes and eliminating high-resistance areas. You may have seen it, but there's amovie called Red Dawn that shows a bunch of high school teens that take their school's football team name and start wageing guerilla warfare against the inavding enemy. It reminds me a lot of this.

And once again, it's highly unlikely for that to happen, but never underestimate the power of one's basic survival instincts.
Instinct is not enough to survive. Some skills are needed too.
justin1552 said:
You may have seen it, but there's amovie called Red Dawn that shows a bunch of high school teens that take their school's football team name and start wageing guerilla warfare against the inavding enemy. It reminds me a lot of this.
Yap, I have seen `Red Dawn` movie.
There are two basic factors, which determine success of guerrilla warfare:
  1. Support of civilian population - including food, clothes, information.
  2. Existence of Large Land - i.e., territory somewhere near enough, controlled by friendly forces, which provide resources and overall management and coordination actions in strategic level. OR - friendly and near enough neighboring country which helps with resources and sanctuary for wounded or tired guerrillas. Poor control of borders by invasion force is required to meet this factor.

Back