Invaders take down US flag

Jobs, that illegals supposedly do because Americans won't do them.

Picking crops (farming)
Construction
Garbage collection
Custodial work
Landscaping

I am sure there are more than that, but we you get the point, people would have you think illegal aliens are the lifeblood of the American economy (Ted) but this just isn't so. Let me tell you another story.

I have lived in South Dakota almost all my life, in South Dakota we do not have a massive population of illegal immigrants, yet we have people to do all of the above jobs. This really blows the theory that Americans don't want those jobs out of the f:cen:ing water, doesn't it? The truth isn't that Americans don't want these jobs, the truth is that it is illegal to pay Americans at rates that companies can get away with paying illegals. $4 an hour isn't so bad when you aren't paying any taxes. France has proved, amongst many other things, that taking religion out of government and giving illegals amnesty just doesn't work, so why is it that these are the only two areas where we choose to imitate them?

D435
You beat me to it.

It isn't that Americans WON'T work the jobs that many illegals call their own ... it's the fact that these 'shady' business owners can't get away with paying an American the same low wages that illegals collect for long hours, poor housing, no medical coverage, filthy work sites and back breaking work.

They would have to almost double the wages to just meet minimum wage constraints and would have to clean up their acts by meeting federal and state standards for work spaces. Total hours without breaks along with mandated reasonable work schedules, would require hiring more workers to do the same work illegals are presently doing.

I disagree with MH though, I would be willing to hazard a guess that after the initial impact the economy and society would stabilize within 3 months ... not 6 months. Freeing up the jobs that illegals were doing and making them attractive to American workers by raising the hourly wage, would be a shot in the arm of our economy that hasn't been seen since the advent of the Industrial Revolution.

The danger of this wouldn't be stagnation or even inflation, it would be possible that we would experience a 'runaway' economy because of such low unemployment numbers, that some jobs would never get filled.

When was the last time that we have seen a situation like that?

Chief said:
I disagree with MH though, I would be willing to hazard a guess that after the initial impact the economy and society would stabilize within 3 months ... not 6 months.
I can't see the trouble with some research, that's all. The things you are about to do are near to irreversible, so what is the harm of waiting a bit so that you can properly delve into this matter. Guessing isn't my favorite guideline when I am about to deport 30 million people and have no clue of the impact of this. At this moment I might very well be wrong, but so could you! So why not take some time to investigate?

I like the Chief's idea of Operation Illegal Alien. However, subdermal implants are pushing it a bit. I'll settle for deportation.

Mexican-American: A Mexican who has legally immigrated to the United States.
Wetback: An illegal immigrant who should be removed on detection.

The no illegal day was a joke....

We laughed at it, and guess what all business went on as normal...

Operation Return To Sender neted a few thousand illegals...
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?content=5689

Ted said:
I can't see the trouble with some research, that's all. The things you are about to do are near to irreversible, so what is the harm of waiting a bit so that you can properly delve into this matter. Guessing isn't my favorite guideline when I am about to deport 30 million people and have no clue of the impact of this. At this moment I might very well be wrong, but so could you! So why not take some time to investigate?
Too bad the two illegal imigrants that killed my best friend didnt do any research into how to drive in America...Not only where they driving illegally but they pulled out in front of him and then ran him over while he lied in the middle of the road, they where trying to get away....
(He was driving a motorcylce)

You know what happend to them, yeah nothing they got deported.....

So mister let's do some research...are you trying to tell me that the killing (more less murdering) of legal or born here Americans has no impact????

Last edited:
Ted is correct that detaining 30 million people over a weekend would be a difficult procedure. Required is a longer view (which we don't really do so well in the US since our political balance of power shifts every couple years). First build the wall. Then enforce the laws we already have. All foreign nationals who are arrested are automatically deported. Temporary facilities will have to be built to support the exodus of criminals (illegal aliens), since our lax enforcement of the laws we already have has let the problem get to this point. I doubt the cost of the facilities will be more than the taxes and medical bills illegals aren't paying. I really doesn't matter what the job is either. There's always someone hungry enough to work it.

The term "Mexican-American" is pretty silly. Everyone from Canada to Argentina is an American. If they're of Mexican decent and they're Mexican citizens, then they're Mexicans. If they're of Mexican decent and they're US citizens, then they aren't bloody well Mexicans anymore.

The reason why only Americans are called Americans is because by the time Central and South American nations started to gain their independence American was already synonymous with someone from the United States.

Damien435 said:
The reason why only Americans are called Americans is because by the time Central and South American nations started to gain their independence American was already synonymous with someone from the United States.

That and it is the United States of America

Donkey said:
Too bad the two illegal imigrants that killed my best friend didnt do any research into how to drive in America...Not only where they driving illegally but they pulled out in front of him and then ran him over while he lied in the middle of the road, they where trying to get away....
(He was driving a motorcylce)
Wow, you too? One of my best friends was hit by some illegals who ran a stop sign while riding his ZX-6R through the middle of town. The only thing that saved him from severe injury or death was his skill and experience with bikes, he held on so hard he actually dented the plastics with his legs. Still, he flew off and rolled over the top of the Mexicans' pickup and almost had his head crushed by the car behind them. He actually got back up and was about to start beating the driver who had hit him, but the guy was already bloody from the impact and people held him back. There were nine willing witnesses, but he couldn't sue because his bruises weren't severe enough.

The real hoot about this whole thread, is the fact that the flag was flying in front of a US Post Office and most of these illegals have probably not received more than a hand full of letters in their entire lives - some of then have NEVER received mail and would faint if the postman was to deliver them one. Most of these people probably don't have much in the education department, and can't read.

I wasn't aware that there was an ICE operation called Return to Sender whose aim was the same as the operation I envisioned. The program I envisioned would have lasted 30 days though, and would have utilised EVERY law enforcement and immigration officer in the United States.

Picture the scene ... paddy-wagons with illegal aliens stacked in like cord-wood - kind of like the trucks that are driven into the US by Coyotes when they are smuggling illegals.

A lot of the illegal immigrants that have crappy jobs by our standards are from the poorest regions of mexico and latin america. The reason they work here isn't to stay here, but to make money to send back home and go back someday as well. Just mowing lawns all week can bring them in more money than a month of working at home. As you can imagine, the urge to come here is very strong for them. I figure a guest worker program would make a lot of people very happy, but i'm not hearing a whole lot about implementing that idea.

The same illegals that work these jobs are also very uneducated because they come from poor peasent areas, so i don't think they're being jerks on purpose, but that's what happens when our country doesn't do anything about this problem for well over a decade.

You could start a campaign to send back a lot of illegals like the way Eisenhower did back in the 50s, but they'll just come back unless you fix the problems they were exploiting before. The biggest factor in all of this is how much time is necessary to create the necessary fixes which could take years.

Pretty soon "they" will start shooting our police, oh wait, they already are! And demanding that the south west belongs to "them".

Ahh, I can see it now. China bombing us, and demanding we give them our land.

Can anyone say KOSOVO???????????

Last edited:
Back