Invade the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course taking over the US would mean that the invader is the new leading military world power, no one could mess with.
I think for most nations that effort is worth all casualties...

Well, if someone wants to take over the US, they will have to inflict severe casualties, I don't think too many Americans will go quietly, I know I'd put up one helluva fight.

But, using geurilla tactics, it could be done, if there were enough countries involved. I won't go into that though, don't wanna be spreading ideas or anything. :lol:

It could be done. Mind you, it would be VERY difficult to do as Americans have quite a lot of pride in their country that if someone were to invade, eveyone that could fight, would.

Thank You thats what i was thinking. I didnt believe that it is possible to take over the U.S. because it would be like England no matter how much you bomb, were still here fighting right back, you would have to kill every american to take over the country and the ones that wont fight should not be called americans they should be call *poof*

Admin edit:
It took a bit more than 10 min, but NO anti french or any country comments allowed! Read the Rules!

I'll give it 10 minutes before the first mod deletes the French diss.

Actually, I'm thinking something kind of on the contrary of every last American fighting to the death. The people of this country are very soft. We have it so easy and so great, every chance possible is handed to us on a silver platter. I think its safe to safe a lot of people take this for granted. Would every American put a fight? I honestly don't think so if the country is being invaded and defeated. I don't think it would be like Stalingrad where even the old women distributed ammuntion.

My 2 cents.

See I wouldnt agree with that though. I mean before 9/11 many americans, me for one, did not have much pride in my country. But after that one day, the whole country flipped to where it was full jingoism. I think if someone invaded us it would be just like that day. I mean I'd say someone invading us would be like us wanting to invade the mainland of Japan in WWII. We would of lost 1 million men in 1 week, and they would fight to the last man. I don't think the true americans, which are many of us, would go down without a fight. Im sure of that. You are not a true patriot if you are invaded and just sit by and let it happen.

Well let’s put forth a working example and use a cornball movie that starred Chuck Norris called "Invasion USA"

Now the premise of that movie was to cause the collapse of the US Government by turning the various different ethnic groups against one another, and then taking over while the groups were killing one another. Course, Chuck boy saves the day.

That premise holds a kernel of truth: if you do cause enough havoc among groups so that they do go to whaling on each other, and you do it everywhere all at once, well it could be like the monsters are on maple street. The amount of havoc and ties ups to the normal systems could allow an enemy to take advantage of the initial confusion, installing their soldiers and seizing control. It has a potential for success.

any takers on this premise?

Mark Conley said:
Well let’s put forth a working example and use a cornball movie that starred Chuck Norris called "Invasion USA"

Now the premise of that movie was to cause the collapse of the US Government by turning the various different ethnic groups against one another, and then taking over while the groups were killing one another. Course, Chuck boy saves the day.

That premise holds a kernel of truth: if you do cause enough havoc among groups so that they do go to whaling on each other, and you do it everywhere all at once, well it could be like the monsters are on maple street. The amount of havoc and ties ups to the normal systems could allow an enemy to take advantage of the initial confusion, installing their soldiers and seizing control. It has a potential for success.

any takers on this premise?

No movie starring Chuck Norris is cornball. ;)

Its an interesting concept. Unfortunetly, I think in our country particularly that has a slight potential to succeed. I think however some races, or groups, would not be as militant as others (in good sense) and make it rather one-sided. For the whole country to be waring against each other and ignore an attack by a foreign country is a little far-fetched. Let's just hope it's never put to test.

Also, that would require intellect, coordination, timing, planning, and luck beyond comprehension on the part of the enemy.

No offence but as we saw on 9/11 an major terrorist attack is posible so of it's needed i supose that there could be a certain way to fight the US army :?

NCdt Steliga said:
It could be done. Mind you, it would be VERY difficult to do as Americans have quite a lot of pride in their country that if someone were to invade, eveyone that could fight, would.

I wouldnt be to sure about that. theres allways people who would not fight, for different reasons. ;)

Also, if anyone tried to invade the US, they'd have to tak out the UK, Canada, and the rest of our allies and friends first.

Nero said:
Also, if anyone tried to invade the US, they'd have to tak out the UK, Canada, and the rest of our allies and friends first.
I'd think they would be better of invading the US and using the US WMD arsenal to elimenate the US allies.

On a realistic, serious, military perspective, the invasion of the USA is impossible at the moment. It would only happen through the use of nuclear armaments ( namely Russia or China ). But it would mean mutually assured destruction so it is impossible right now.
Invading the Nation is impossible. It would take such a hugely overwhelming superpower to do that. Just think of how the invader could carry its troops thru the ocean. Only way would be via Canada, but the cold would prevent it anyways I think.

Once I discussed with several friends a hipothetical scenary where war began betwenn US and a reinforced EU (just for pleasure of discussing it). The inherent problem was the lack of a base to launch an invassion à la Overlord in both sides.

This was equally true for an American invasion of Europe, with the added problem of the GIUK barrier and the Azores island being in European hands. One of the results was the USAREUR and the VI Fleet effectively captured or annihilated, Cuba, Iceland and all the European territories in America neutralized and a rather long campaign in Southern Turkey that eventually would lead to an armistice, as the US couldn't mantain their logistic, while other involved an US invasion of Iceland and Norway that was succesfully counterattacked, or a major tank battle in Texas that European lost :). Of course, this is just the result of a little wargame, and nothing that should be taken in account.

However, in the American case, being effectively isolated by sea (US Navy and US Air Force, having a massive air superiority could, at least, damage considerablely enemy convoys, making almost impossible to reinforce the beachhead, and even more difficult the rupture of the frontline.

Nero said:

True that. The US has all of NATO and the UN to back it up. By the time the enemy got through them, there would be nothing left of said 'enemy'.

NCdt Steliga said:
True that. The US has all of NATO and the UN to back it up. By the time the enemy got through them, there would be nothing left of said 'enemy'.

Or maybe it would be the UN invading the Nation.. or maybe backing the invader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back