Invade the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big_Z said:
I honestly think this was a bad topic... you need to task a group of countries against america not just say "invade america" but america has so much stength, not only do you have our are military but our cops, fbi and possibly the most trianed people on the planet the CIA who's training could possibly put the delta force and british SAS training to shame.[I might be wrong because i know the delta force works with the CIA but still}

Alright chief, what exactly did I misunderstand about this comment? You are clearly comparing the CIA as a body with Delta, unless I am sadly out of tune on my reading comprehension skills. You also suggest that "our cops [and] fbi" would present a significant challenge to an invading force.

I do not take you for a "12 year old idiot," but I do believe that you are very confused about the nature of these various organizations and their capabilities and limitations.

Sigh. Yes i know that the CIA is a different body then the military i was under the assumption that it was common knowledge, sorry i will be more clear in the future. Let me ask you where exactly do you think the military gets its overseas info from? al-jazear? No its the CIA who gives them the knowledge and info, the delta force is who carries it out. I said the delta force WORKS with the CIA i never said they are the same.

"You also suggest that "our cops [and] fbi" would present a significant challenge to an invading force."
Please point out where i said this, i will gladly correct myself, I was saying that your arent going to roll into America and expect our law enforcement to sit on their asses doing nothing.

If that's what you meant to say, then you should have said it, pretty simple.

To give you an example of why your original post is confusing (so that you will get on the same page as the rest of us and we can drive on), here is part of your posts with a little substitution:

"the PBRA who's training could possibly put the delta force and british SAS training to shame."

Now although I may be talking about bull-riding, to the average person it would appear that I am saying that rodeo cowboys and Special Forces Soldiers are in the same ballpark. It's comparing the proverbial apples and oranges.

Aside from that, you seem to have an intimate knowledge of the operating practices of Delta, why don't you head over to the Welcoming Center and let us know what your credentials are?

If you call intimate knowledge what a normal person would see on CNN or the history channel then yes. My name is Zack and im possibly getting ready to ship out to ranger school, Possibly the 82nd first.

It was not my intention to insult your intelligence, Z, nor to claim that the police would stand idly by in an "Invasion of America" scenario. And I am sure that there are a few 12 year olds out there that can outshoot the average soldier.

But there is more to being a soldier than just being able to shoot. One that comes immediatly to mind is the ability to shoot BACK...something that many who have never heard a shot fired in anger, much less been shot at themselves, seem to take for granted.

I'm not saying that the police and the CIA and the 12-year-old hunters might not serve effectively and well in an "Invasion America" scenario. I'm simply suggesting that there are other, more likely scenarios that would render such irregular forces less effective than you would like to think.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, you may want to read "Scenario for the Fall of Night". In my opinion, it presents a more likely "Invasion America" scenario than that portrayed by the movie "Red Dawn" (which appears to be what most of the posters on this thread seem to believe in).

I agreed with everything you said Koldun i was directing that towards others.

I wasent thinking "combat" for all the people i listed i was thinking more along the lines of "resistance". But its probally my fault for not being more clear, sorry.

Of course it is possible

Yeah to invade the US is definatly posible, if her allies were involved in the attack. If the UK forces were involved it would of course be impossible, but has anyone thought of the possibility that maybe us british soldiers who swore to serve Queen and Country are getting a little pissed with fighty for america?

If you throw Mercury. Venus, the Earth, Mars, Saturn, Uran, Neptun and Pluto against Jupiter, then Jupiter may explode.
But how do you get all 8 planets to attack the US ? Saturn wouldn't be down for it. Only Pluto or possibly Mercury would be willing to alter the present order.

Brit, we are not going to allow another "who's the best" discussion to get going here.

Go to the Welcoming Center and introduce yourself.

Too many of you are attempting to share information about units and organisations they clearly know nothing about. When you (and you know who you are) think you can stop putting out misinfromation on something you clearly know nothing about, read SAS/"Delta" etc. PM me.

This is not a "I know a guy who knew a guy so I know what I am talking about" forum. The information given out here will be kept as accurate as possible.

There will also be no "Who's best" threads in which units are compared by those that have not once worn the insignia.

Your posts have been deleted, stay on topic - if you have a problem with that, PM me.

Re: Of course it is possible

Britsoldier said:
Yeah to invade the US is definatly posible, if her allies were involved in the attack. If the UK forces were involved it would of course be impossible, but has anyone thought of the possibility that maybe us british soldiers who swore to serve Queen and Country are getting a little pissed with fighty for america?

This is very interesting. are you, as the representative of her Britanic Majesty's military forces, suggesting that all British military troops are getting a little "Pissed" with fighting for America? Or just yourself in general.

I wasnt under the impression that the U.S. Government hired her Britanic Majestys military forces to do anything for America. I havent heard of the U.S. needing extra troops for any conflict that I know of that we cant supply ourselves. Actually, I was more under the impression that what ever constitutes the authority in Great britain voluntarily put their soldiers into the Gulf conflict for Great Britain.

Are you really venting the representative feeling of the British soldier with your post? PM me if you think so.

Good point, RnderSafe...I let myself get drawn off-topic with my last post. Too early in the morning, I guess. *self-conscious chuckle* Sorry about that.

Anyway, back to the thread...

A successful invasion on American soil would depend on how the defender defined success. From what I have seen in previous posts in this thread, it's generally assumed that the invading force is attempting to supplant the American government with one of his own choosing. However, there are other possibilities.

For example, let's assume a coalition of foreign governments (we'll call it the Union for World Prosperity) decides that America needs to set aside part of it's territory (Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and South Carolina) to create "Graceland", an independant homeland for what the UWP claims a disaffected and persecuted minority of Elvis worshippers. When the US refuses to acceed to the UWPs demands, the member nations of the UWP send "peacekeepers" to Graceland in order to provide security and protection for the Elvis-ites. The UWP informs the US that any attacks upon the Peacekeepers will be considered an attack upon the member nations themselves...

Re: Of course it is possible

Mark Conley said:
I wasnt under the impression that the U.S. Government hired her Britanic Majestys military forces to do anything for America. I havent heard of the U.S. needing extra troops for any conflict that I know of that we cant supply ourselves. Actually, I was more under the impression that what ever constitutes the authority in Great britain voluntarily put their soldiers into the Gulf conflict for Great Britain.

Well if I can give my comment here, its too widespread an opinion that UK is someway hired by USA to followo suit in wars or military operations such as Iraq 1 and 2 , or Libya's bombings, or others. Uk gave its consent through its legimitized and legally elected Parliament. As Mark put it, the U.S. didn't really need any extra troops to do the job. Thi should not sound cocky: post war chaos is better dealable with thanks to international support, but actual fighting doesnt call for help on behalf of the US. I mean Her Majesty's Troops are well trained and some elite corps are top in the world ( I'm not too much into it, but I think I know ), they did an excellent job south in Basra and places around.
But the USA needing to hire UK troops ? Give a break.

Sorry

Sorry about the whole who's best thing - no as a servent of Her Majesty i do as Her Majestys Britanic Government tells me, and if than involves fighting alongside American Troops then i will do so. I was probably going into the whole whops best thing as i had just come back from the NAAFI and at 80p a pint and lots of talk about what had gone on in the gulf there were stories about the gun-ho atitude of american troops, although i am sure this is a generalisation and not all toops are like that, so i appologise. We are after all, all soldiers fighting for our Country.

On invading america, i think that the most likely senario, if any are likely would be say the southern states breaking free of the nothern states, so becoming indipendant and creating a new county. If they could muster the force and get a strong enough leader and war councel then i think that this could be possible.

hmmm well that post seems to support the fall from within scenario, and really not an invasion per say, unless the objct was the outside support of a country (lets say Great Briton) sends troops and materials to a dissatisfied US reigon that attempts to pull out of the federation (lets say the Southern states, for laughs an giggles.). I believe this almost follows what occured during the American Civil war, and we all have heard how that turned out back in 1861-65.

Good thinking post...like to see more!

Looking back at my scenario, I can see how it can be seen as an internally-generated war of secession similar to the American Civil War. The geographic parallel is a coincidence, though...I picked Elvis-worshippers at random and a few states that would give them some beachfront property.

Actually, what I had in mind was a forceful attempt at the balkinazation of America by an outside entity. In a nutshell, the UWP is saying something along the lines of "With our Union, America isn't the biggest kid on the block anymore. We are going to create a homeland for the Elvis-ites (regardless if the Elvis worshippers want one or not) because we think this will provide stability in the area."

Ofcorse it's possible to invade the USA.
For example, i am sure that Russia could do that.
It easy, If you want to use nuclear weapons than this is what you have to do:
1. make a nuke strike on all the major cities and military bases. (Russia has nuclear missiles which are very hard to intercept).
2. Move in with land forces that have anti radiation sutes (Russian tanks have NBC protection. NBC= Nuclear, Biological, Chemical). and clame the teritory yours.

If you do not wish to use nuclear weapons than this is what you have to do:
1.Start the attack by bombarding cities and military bases with naval artillary (guns and cruise missiles). Use submarines and other ships to fight the USA navy.
2. send in fighters to intercept the american fighters (when an air battle game was made in india, indian pilots using Russian fighters fought against USA pilots using USA fighters. The result: india won 90%of the battles. when a nother game like that was made in Alaska, Russian pilots using Russian planes fought against USA pilots using USA fighters. Russia won 100% or all the battles! The pentagon even said that Russian fighters where better than that of the americans). Also use AAA from your ships.
3. When your fighters controll the sky use ground attack planes to destroy AAA (AAA=Anti Aircraft Artillary) and heavy bombers to bomb cities and military bases or ground targets.
4. land your troops on shore and fight the remaning USA troops on the ground. USA troops won't stand a chance against you (Russian tanks are much better than USA tanks and Russian tanks are in much larger numbers. And since you rule the skies, you can use your gunship helicopters and ground attack planes to help you. You can also use artillary to help you.

And if USA supporters like UK try to help, than you could always use your supporters to help you.
So you see, the all mighty USA dosen't seem mighty anymore.

Guy100 said:
For example, i am sure that Russia could do that. I don't think so, 1st Russia doesn't have that kind of budget, for the global war
1. make a nuke strike on all the major cities and military bases. (Russia has nuclear missiles which are very hard to intercept).
America also has Nukes, bigger and better, and faster. If You mean at TopolM it's speed is 6M, while American have speed of 20M, Topol has 1mton warhead, while peacemaker from 60's has 11 warheads each with 300kiloton. And with brand new ABL, I don't think it can evade laser beam.... ;)
2. Move in with land forces that have anti radiation sutes (Russian tanks have NBC protection. NBC= Nuclear, Biological, Chemical). and clame the teritory yours.
Abrams also have that, plus is much better...
1.Start the attack by bombarding cities and military bases with naval artillary (guns and cruise missiles). Use submarines and other ships to fight the USA navy.
You forget that USA also have everything like that only in bigger numbers.... And USA would also strike with Nukes, which would leave Russia totally devastated.
2. send in fighters to intercept the american fighters (when an air battle game was made in india, indian pilots using Russian fighters fought against USA pilots using USA fighters. The result: india won 90%of the battles. when a nother game like that was made in Alaska, Russian pilots using Russian planes fought against USA pilots using USA fighters. Russia won 100% or all the battles! The pentagon even said that Russian fighters where better than that of the americans). Also use AAA from your ships.
3. When your fighters controll the sky use ground attack planes to destroy AAA (AAA=Anti Aircraft Artillary) and heavy bombers to bomb cities and military bases or ground targets.
Yes we dicussed cope India, 12:4.... It's unfair, but there's another possibility, look at this thread for more info, again I don't agree Russian jets are better.... They are good but not better than American
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2707
4. land your troops on shore and fight the remaning USA troops on the ground. USA troops won't stand a chance against you (Russian tanks are much better than USA tanks and Russian tanks are in much larger numbers. And since you rule the skies, you can use your gunship helicopters and ground attack planes to help you. You can also use artillary to help you.
Yes they are in larger numbers, BETTER??!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell? They are not better, please say why, or is it your patriotism "little" bit of involved......... :roll:

And if USA supporters like UK try to help, than you could always use your supporters to help you.
Yes USA won't be forever allmighty I agree, but when it stops beeing almighty, whole world stops existing. ;)

Someone was playing red alert too much.... :roll: but in red alert USA again wins
Russia has 150 million people, America has 300 million, every American would take gun and fight for our country, and we know America better than Rooskies... ;) If Iraqis are making those problems to our army, Russian army would suffer a lot more, from us... I would go first to die for America, so any other proud American!
Every home in America has at least one rifle and gun...

Uncle_Sam said:
Guy100 said:
For example, i am sure that Russia could do that. I don't think so, 1st Russia doesn't have that kind of budget, for the global war
America also has Nukes, bigger and better, and faster. If You mean at TopolM it's speed is 6M, while American have speed of 20M, Topol has 1mton warhead, while peacemaker from 60's has 11 warheads each with 300kiloton. And with brand new ABL, I don't think it can evade laser beam.... ;)
Abrams also have that, plus is much better...
You forget that USA also have everything like that only in bigger numbers.... And USA would also strike with Nukes, which would leave Russia totally devastated.
Yes we dicussed cope India, 12:4.... It's unfair, but there's another possibility, look at this thread for more info, again I don't agree Russian jets are better.... They are good but not better than American
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2707
Yes they are in larger numbers, BETTER??!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the h**l? They are not better, please say why, or is it your patriotism "little" bit of involved......... :roll:

Yes USA won't be forever allmighty I agree, but when it stops beeing almighty, whole world stops existing. ;)

Someone was playing red alert too much.... :roll: but in red alert USA again wins
Russia has 150 million people, America has 300 million, every American would take gun and fight for our country, and we know America better than Rooskies... ;) If Iraqis are making those problems to our army, Russian army would suffer a lot more, from us... I would go first to die for America, so any other proud American!
Every home in America has at least one rifle and gun...

I agree with you that america is powerful, but some of the things you said are not very acurate.
first of all about red alert: I like red alert but i don't belive in all that stuff that they talk about in the game and in the russian version of red alert the soviets win.
now about every american taking a gun in his hand and fighting that's far from the real thing. lots of americans are cowards and wont even fight for thier family. now the russians will fight for their contry till the last man.
now about the nukes, well even if your nuke is faster, it can be blown out of the sky in a second compare to the russian missiles which are very hard to intersept, russia also has lazer to intersept missiles and the russian missiles have more than 16 MIRVs.
ever herd of the SS-N-18 "satan" missile with a warhead of 25 megatons?
well thats enough wipe USA of the face of the earth.
also russian nuke submarines are much better and carry much more nuclear weapons.
all modern have NBC protection. but your abrams is nothing compare to the T-90S.
first of all your abrams has a gas turbine engine which gets stuck in sand or dust. Russian tanks have diesile engine which doesen't get stuck. your abrams cost's more than 5 million US dollars! Russian and other NATO tanks cost between 2-3 million US dollars. russian tanks have atomatic loading system since the 60s which the abrames doesen't have. Also russian tanks have the "Stora 1" and Arena protection systems, which USA only dreams to have.
if russia whold attack USA than it would do it by surprise, and the americans won't know what hit them.
I think that american and Russian jets are pretty much equal.
Oh yeah, and remmember the vietnam war?
you know who beat the USA?
No it wasen't the north vietnamise, it was the USSR.
you know who shot down so many USA planes in vietnam?
Russian pilots did!
and USSR gave north vietnam with weapons.
In vietnam you americans droped 10,000 tons of bombs on 1 brige! and none of the bombs hit! some didn't even blow up.
Any way uthink that the 2 countries should fight together against terror.

T-90S is one heck of a tank.... To see that tank in action you can buy War In The Gulf Dual In The Desert on DVD I dont know if the documentary is on WHS to? However that movie is fascinating with incredible footage togheter with expert analysis on the T-90. I would like to see sweden change their "obsolite" Leopard A5s or Strv 122 to T-90 in the future :sleep: Will never happen but a man can dream. India have bought the monster and yes it is lighter still one of the worlds state-of-the-art kick ass tanks. Kontakt-5 ERA, Shtora-1 EOCMDAS :rock:

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back