Invade the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
But also there are very much likely many weak spots that we have to cover in order to move combat from American soil to the terrorists doors.

Yes there are air marshals, and everything... But I think the terrorists are not that stupid, You must make your enemy in plans the worst he can be in order to beat him! But maybe they will have the same tactics, because we don't expect them to do that again.....

Big_Z said:
and possibly the most trianed people on the planet the CIA who's training could possibly put the delta force and british SAS training to shame.[I might be wrong because i know the delta force works with the CIA but still}

What?

Uncle_Sam, try not to make back to back posts. If you make a post, and decide afterwards you have more to say, simply edit your post and add the new thoughts to it.

RnderSafe said:
Big_Z said:
and possibly the most trianed people on the planet the CIA who's training could possibly put the delta force and british SAS training to shame.[I might be wrong because i know the delta force works with the CIA but still}

What?
I think Big_Z' comment should've been posted in the humor section. I really hope he's not serious..... ;)

lol i didnt mean the cops are gona wip any asses. I was just trying to get the point across that our military would just be a small part of what you would be fighting. I had allot to drink when i posted that but the CIA are well trained. And also the FBI HRT ct team is considered supurb.

Big_Z said:
lol i didnt mean the cops are gona wip any asses. I was just trying to get the point across that our military would just be a small part of what you would be fighting. I had allot to drink when i posted that but the CIA are well trained. And also the FBI HRT ct team is considered supurb.

Well we have some "superb" chefs and hairdressers, too, think they'd put up much of a fight too?

goaliedude66630 said:
Is it possible to take over the United States with out takeing so many casualties that it would be worht it

if the us pissed off enough countrys they could join together or try by themselves to invade the us. and as far as the casulties it would depend on the leadership of the country/countrys as to wether thay thought it was worth it. would probably be huge but would depend on the type of weapons used? biological/chemical or normal?

but that goes for any country annoy to many ppl for to long and somethings bound to happen?

I will grant that elite units within a parent organization are superbly trained and highly skilled in what they do.

But let's take a minute to look a bit closer. I'll use the FBI's HRT as an example, but the comments apply to pretty much any of the other units.

The Hostage Response Team was created for a specific purpose -- to rescue hostages. It is a specialized task towards which all their training is geared. I'm not saying that they are not adept at marksmanship, small-unit tactics, and other military skills that may serve them in an invasion scenario. However, their training and general mindset would make them less effective as a partisan commando than some would believe. I would equate them in capability roughly with SWAT teams and National Guard Military Police units -- better than the typical run of civilian warriors, but not necessarily front-line troops.

The other disadvantage to these guys is that there aren't many of them. I don't know how many HRTs there are, but I know that they are scattered around the country and, even if you could get them all together in one place, I don't think that there is more than a heavy platoon of them.

The only exceptions that I can think of are the US Marine Embassy Guards and the US Army soldiers who guard the Tomb of the Unknowns. In both cases, the men in question are fully-fledged members of their branch of service who rotate the duty assignments with others who have qualified for the special duty. (The 3rd Infantry even has a couple of units deployed right now, if I remember correctly.)

I believe that he makes a good point, but I also believe that if Americans were backed into a corner, even the chefs, garbage-men, etc, would put up a good fight.

All I have to say is: There is always a wormhole.

Won't go fither into it since neither I want to start ideas.

SilverPhoenix said:
All I have to say is: There is always a wormhole.
I don't want to scare the younger Americans on this forum ;) , but there's just no way to completely secure a country. I don't even think it's possible to make a house 100% secure, let alone the entire US of A. If someone really wants to get in, he'll find a way, espesially when he doesn't mind dying, or in fact is planning to die anyway. These people have nothing to loose. Maybe it won't be this year, but twenty years from now, but someday one will get trough again. There's just to many possible targets and to many ways to attack those targets to guard them all.

I know. That actually is a scary thought of knowing the wormhole can be found. :shock:

The even more terrible thing would be when EU find US as a threat or vice versa. I don't believe it will happen, but you never know.

Because EU has ***** envy against US and now they wanna stuick up a bit and say "Yo, We are better then you all over there." :roll:

Wich is just so pathetic.. Men and their ruling. :lol:

SilverPhoenix said:
I know. That actually is a scary thought of knowing the wormhole can be found. :shock:

The even more terrible thing would be when EU find US as a threat or vice versa. I don't believe it will happen, but you never know.

Because EU has :cen: envy against US and now they wanna stuick up a bit and say "Yo, We are better then you all over there." :roll:

Wich is just so pathetic.. Men and their ruling. :lol:
Yes, blame it all on the men! Why didn't I think of that? But seriously, as long as the EU keeps up what they're doing now, (notice the use of the word they) they won't be a threat to the US. But if they do get their act together, Eorope could become a new superpower. But for now, the EU only transports money from the richer countries to the poorer ones. Living in one of the richer countries, I sometimes wonder how whe are to benefit from this deal....
But to get back on topic, I don't think the EU will try invading the US on short notice, even if they could, I don't see why they should. You don't start a war just to proove you're stronger, that's not worth it.

I know what you mean but the thing I ask myself is; Doesn't always humans want power in the end?

The people I know and have been discussin with do believe that the EU government will untie the army with the countries so it will become greater.

And why wouldn't EU create a army within themself?

We already got UN. :?

SilverPhoenix said:
I know what you mean but the thing I ask myself is; Doesn't always humans want power in the end?
Maybe I'm naive, but no, not always.
SilverPhoenix said:
The people I know and have been discussin with do believe that the EU government will untie the army with the countries so it will become greater.

And why wouldn't EU create a army within themself?
For now the individual countries don't want to give up there sovereignty completely.
SilverPhoenix said:
We already got UN. :?
Who's we? :shock:

Isn't UN based on some countries around here?

I have to admit that my knowledge about UN is VERY low. :oops:

But yeah, I think you are right. I just had to speculate a little. ;)

I am starting to believe there is no way for me to get my point across..... All that im saying... is there will be more then just the military that you would be fighting.... And trust me the fbi and police are not going to sit on their asses saying "well shucks george we arent trained soldiers lets just sit here and die" Think about it...... Believe it or not there are people in this world other then soldiers who can fire a sidearm. There are 12 year old boys out there who hunt with their dads that are so accurate with a rifle it would make an average army infantryman look like a desk clerk. You people seem confused as if im saying that we are going to have cops and agents on the frontlines, no. Thats what the miltary is for.

You seem to be under the impression that the FBI, CIA, local law enforcement, etc. translate into an actual fighting unit. They are not trained for combat, they are trained for law enforcement and investigative duties, as well as certain distinct tactical situations. By singling these organizations out, you made it appear that you believed them to be something they were not, i.e. a military force.

I suggest you go back and reread my post. Im not sure if you take me as a 12 year old idiot but yes i understand the difference between a trained battle hardened combat soldier and a cop who has never fired a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back