Invade the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe the UN finds the US a threat to world security... or a competing power. Its silly though I dont believe in any of these things. It's going fantapolitical here.

My 2 shekels:

1:Its a very large country....Not as big as some, but still, very large...You will have very long suplly lines and alot of ground to controll.
2:The USA armed forces are a very serious force to defeat in combat. I dont see who could take them down.
3:Even if the larger part of the US Army, Marines and Air-Force would be destroyed, there are alot of reserve units in the US, and very good ones(as reserves go).
4.The civilian population in the rural areas of the US is a problem. We are talking about alot of people with hobbys like hunting and camping. They can live of the land to some extant, they are armed, and they are higly patriotic. They can and probably will form many militias.

Bottom line, everything is possible, but this is highly unlikely to happen.

What I would love to see in such a scenario is the Battle of Fort Irwin. :lol:

Ft. Irwin is the site of NTC (National Training Center) and the home of the 11th ACR (Armored Cavalry Regiment), dedicated OPFOR. I have a friend who is a junior officer with them, and they know that dang place like the back of their hands, or better, and they are almost always in the field training force-on-force. I have a feeling that any enemy force that played in their sandbox (to use RnderSafe's expression :lol: ) would leave the area in a lot smaller pieces than they entered it.

Someone may try to invade the US, but why????

The one thing that the US has that makes it so great is nothing material. It is an idea. An idea that has spurred every free government in the world. Written on a piece of paper that millions have sworn to defend with their lives. Even if that piece of paper get destroyed. We all know what it says because it is written in the heart of every american. If you want to try and take that you will fail, and have a couple hundred million pissed off americans to deal with. That is a fate worse than death.

OK, you want to hear a secret about what makes the US Military so effective? It all stems from one thing. The US Military is all volunteer. NO CONSCRIPTS. No one is forced into service. A poorly trained person who doesn't want to be there is going to do two things. Get those around them killed and get themselves killed. No one wants that.

goaliedude66630 said:
Is it possible to take over the United States with out takeing so many casualties that it would be worht it

the only country with that i can think of with the abbility to take over the u.s. would have to be russia

about face said:
the only country with that i can think of with the abbility to take over the u.s. would have to be russia

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You been reading a little Tom Clancy lately?

Heres the thing, in order for a enemy force to invade the U.S. they would not only have to be massive, nut they would have to be trained for every possible scenerio. For example, terrain: we have mountains to plains, ice to sand. it is not goin into Iraq where it is desert, it is mountains, cold, desert heat and then the plains and then the snow. Onto people, what is the latest statistic: for every 10 people 7 have a firearm of somekind. Yes, there are a lot of people that take things for granted but they are not under attack(terrorist exempt for now). I think there has been a surge of American pride since 9-11 and most people would do what they could to survive or to make their children survive. Military wise, good point earlier, voluntary service. Most of the people in the service want to be in the service to protect their Country. The human condition is the biggest and most threatin force to deal with in any situation.

I think the Red Army had the answer and it is still valid now; Invasion is not possible because of the size of the country and the millions of men one would need to secure it.

Cold war strategy was considering two ways to deal with the US:

-nuking America back to the stone age :cry: or waiting for America to rot from inside and collapse :firedevi: .

Unfortunately for the commies, there is no way they could have nuked the States without behing destroyed too....remember MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction)? :rambo:

Unfortunately for them , their system collapsed quicker but I still have a lot of faith in our "hyper liberal irresponsible nihilist & suicidal Lemming mentality of hugatreers and fast fooders"! :cen:

We might go down that road too and quicker than we think!!! :cry:

JaegerWolf08 said:
The US Military is all volunteer. NO CONSCRIPTS.

Are you talking only about nowadays, or are you including the Pre-Vietnam era as well? If I'm right, the US conscripted even in peacetime.

One thing that you have to think about is this...

One September 11th we lost 3000 people that is .725% of our total population.

Imagine an enemy coming to the United States with 25 Million Soliders(that is still less than 10% of our population) and there are over 100 Million "Registered Gun holders in the US" not to mention cops, and people that didn't register there guns.

The shear number of troops that the invander would have to use would be in the Billions. And the next question I pose, How are you going to get those billions to the US. We do have the biggest Navy, and Airforce in the world.

So the answer to your question... No the United States could never be invaded, we will fall from within.

"And the next question I pose, How are you going to get those billions to the US."

Trust our elected officials! Trust our sensitive lawyers!

It is happening:
On the one hand, you open the borders, pardon illegals and promote family grouping...
On the other you promote selfishness, individualism, the "salad bowl" theory, abortion, fast food...

One side goes down and another up! :coffee:

right

well guys as for invading the U.S. being imposible thats not true, remember Pearl harbor right the japs fleet disapered and then showed up with a nice welcome gift and if anything you guys should know that theres a way to do anything in war you just have to find the right man

Re: right

goaliedude66630 said:
well guys as for invading the U.S. being imposible thats not true, remember Pearl harbor right the japs fleet disapered and then showed up with a nice welcome gift and if anything you guys should know that theres a way to do anything in war you just have to find the right man

:?:

Remember that post I gave you a link to last time? Slow down, this isn't a race.

actually i think in conscription is better than volunteers.
if the economy of a nation is good
only the real idealist will join the military. but thats not enough by far.
so you need more...who joins else?
those who cant find a job outside..why?
because they are lazy, dumb, kind of rambos, nationalists...whatever.....

If you have an conscript army everybody will absolve basic training and learn military skills....
that makes your nation in case of an invasion to a really hard opponent.
actually here in germany we have 5.000.0000 reservists. and we have depots full of brandnew rifles and tanks to equipp them.
ok were going to cut them down, cause theres no need for them anymore.

but if everyone has to join military...some will reckognize that they love it. And most of them didnt even think about a life in the military before, because they didnt know how is was. actually most of our officers and ncos decided to make a career in military when they were drafted and served some months.

thats my two euros :D

goaliedude66630 said:

Now, are we speaking "invade" as in "to conquer" or invade as in to simply "encroach." If it is the former, well, I wasn't aware that the Japs actually invaded the US. Does this mean the Muslims invaded the US on 9/11? :?

There is no one country that could successfully invade the US at this time. There isn't even one that could invade Canada, and their military is much smaller than the United States.

Johnny hit the nail on the head, if the US is to fall, it will be from within her borders.

RnderSafe said:
Now, are we speaking "invade" as in "to conquer" or invade as in to simply "encroach." If it is the former, well, I wasn't aware that the Japs actually invaded the US. Does this mean the Muslims invaded the US on 9/11? :?

There is no one country that could successfully invade the US at this time. There isn't even one that could invade Canada, and their military is much smaller than the United States.

Johnny hit the nail on the head, if the US is to fall, it will be from within her borders.

I agree. Like I said, no way on aerth of invading the USofA. With this I mean, conquer.

I might be biased ive had many generations of my family in the military. I doubt the next 2 most powerful countries maybe 3 could defeat america on its home terrian. Thats around 1.3 million active well trained soldiers plus the last gen soldiers [ vietnam men who mastered the art of geurilla warfare] in their 40s-50s and then countless civilians who would fight. [and trust me some of our ghettos have some really nasty mofo's:) ] But if you did defeat our main military force you wouldnt have a home to come back too because it would be nuked.

Big_Z said:
But if you did defeat our main military force you wouldnt have a home to come back too because it would be nuked.

As would the US, my friend. If President lauches any nukes at another country, you can bet your life that others will retaliate. (M.A.D., anyone?) North Korea has plenty of nukes, and I'll bet that they're just itching for a reason to launch them.

NCdt Steliga said:
Big_Z said:
But if you did defeat our main military force you wouldnt have a home to come back too because it would be nuked.

As would the US, my friend. If President lauches any nukes at another country, you can bet your life that others will retaliate. (M.A.D., anyone?) North Korea has plenty of nukes, and I'll bet that they're just itching for a reason to launch them.
Don't know about that. If the larger part of your military is in the US, I don't think you'll want to nuke it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back