Introduction

pimp_squeak

Hi, my name's Nathaniel. I'm 17, from Canada and I've been in cadets for 5 years. I joined when I was 12 as an air cadet with 614 Firebirds. Then the CO's got switched and the new one didn't like me too much so I quit and joined sea cadets a year later with 37 Courageous. I'm lead bass drummer in the band. I've gone on basic air cadet training and aircrew summer courses and this summer hopefully I'll be getting boatshed in Trenton. I found this site when I was looking for....cadet forums. I was a member @ cadetworld.com but then it got shut down and I missed talking with reasonably intelligent individuals so I decided to try and find some so...here I am ^_^

Welcome to the Forums, PO. What rank did you make it to in the RCAirCS? I was a WOII before I joined up with the Navy as an Officer

Interests: cars, women, airplanes, sailing

Women?

Very welcome. Tell us about cadets when you were 12.
Is thaat like a bording school?

Cadet schools are something we dont have here in Ireland?[/quote]

I only reached LAC. The CO didn't like me much and I never got promoted so after two years, I quit, took a year off and then joined sea cadets. They gave me credit for my experience from air cadets and I'm actually enjoying the program quite a bit better.

Very welcome. Tell us about cadets when you were 12.
Is thaat like a bording school?

Cadet schools are something we dont have here in Ireland?
Cadets is basically a DND sponsored program where you learn survival skills, command principles, self discipline, good leadership skills, and other things that help you along the course of your life. It's free but you are expected to help fund-raise and promote the program. Depending what element you join(army, air, sea) you can get your pilots/glider license, your CYA(Canadian Yacht Association) levels andother things, all free. I quite enjoy it.

Cadets is basically a DND sponsored program where you learn survival skills, command principles, self discipline, good leadership skills, and other things that help you along the course of your life. It's free but you are expected to help fund-raise and promote the program

So its like Scouts then?

Scouts on steroids. Cadets is worlds better. Free uniforms, training, the even pay you for alot of stuff. Plus exchange opportunites, it's a fantastic program.

Back