Introducing myself

Lilmissflamethrower

Hi. My name is Stacey. I am not in the military nor have I ever been. I am a female and I love military history. I have a huge collection of military books and movies. Probably more then any of you (do not doubt me, the ones that have are sorry they did!)... This seems to freak out a lot of people because I appear very feminine and the last person on earth you would take for a military history buff....

I especially am interested in WWII. I work on the U.S.S. Hornet aircraft carrier in Alameda, CA (as a volunteer) . I am also on the staff of the Golden Gate Young Marines as a volunteer parent (the Young Marines are kids, age 8 to 18, about the same as the Devil Pups if you know that group). I am helping with the Toys for Tots program with the kids and the real Marines for this coming Xmas.

The craziest thing about me - you will love this - I am a child of hippies. I grew up in Berkeley, CA. By the time I could walk I was at every hippie event known to man.

I think the only way I could think of to rebel was to become conservative. I was a deputy sheriff for six years as a reserve. My family thinks I am nuts. But I think they are nuttier...

Thats about it. I am so happy to be here. I hope you don't mind my naive questions. As much as I love military history I don't know that much about the structure of the military. I hope I can learn more here so please excuse my probably stupid questions.

I hope it is o.k. that I am here, not being in the military. If there are other females here, I would be happy to chat with you.

Thanks for letting me be here...

Oh, I am also in a WWII recreation group as a WAC (I guess that really makes me a bonafide geek).

Welcome Firethrower. :firedevi:

Lilmissfirethrower said:
I hope it is o.k. that I am here, not being in the military. If there are other females here, I would be happy to chat with you.

No problems at all.

We have several non-military members, both male and female.. :)

Hey Stacey Welcome to the forum. I'm one of the non-enlisted here, so you can feel confortable when I'm around... YOU AIN'T DIFFERENT :D !

Uhm, RN will LOVE your hippie family, BTW.
He's very liberal and enjoys the company of left wing homies.
I hope we'll get to know each others better. Later.

Lol... today my "hippie" family is going to see Farenheit whatever its called. They asked me to buy them advance tickets. I thought they were trying to see a science fiction movie at first... I was wondering why they were so interested in trying to see a science fiction movie...

Then my mom ran into my room (yes, we live together, even more enjoyable) showing me the Clinton book she just bought... I tried not to vomit on it...

I do love my family though, don't get me wrong. They are the best... just little off course...

I will check out the link, thanks.

Thanks for having me! Stacey

Welcome Aboard.....

Welcome and your questions won't be any worse than others that are here including me. As for your parents, the books and movies they watch and read are great, read them, then you know what you oppose! :D

I believe I know their position. You get it shoved down your throat in the media everyday. Plus I grew up in Berkeley, so know one knows the left like I do... I grew up with it.

We all do have free speech and that is fine. But when I had a yellow ribbon on my truck and I drove through Berkeley, people were giving me the finger. It seems you can have free speech only if it agrees with the liberals...

Liberals and Yellow Ribbons

Lilmissfirethrower said:
We all do have free speech and that is fine. But when I had a yellow ribbon on my truck and I drove through Berkeley, people were giving me the finger. It seems you can have free speech only if it agrees with the liberals...

Coming from Detroit, people don't give you the finger, they shoot first, ask questions later. :shock:

They are very "liberal" there, but it is a bluecollar town and are very concerned about the troops since many are from cities like Detroit. "Liberals" outside the rust belt usually don't have a clue about the military and what goes on.

:lol:

Howdy, welcome to the forum. Nice to see you saw the light. ;)
I got a couple questions for you though, when you were growing up did you get dragged to the Burning Man Festival? Or to the Rainbow Family Gathering near Likely? Just curious because unfortunately those dang things are in my area, so if you went to them there's a good chance you drove by my family's ranch.

Hope you like it here.

finding another history buff on WWII is like something out of a :cen: dream...welcome to the forum!

BTW...it aint that family we are going to be talking to! So put that thang out of your mind.... :D

Hey Stacy! welcome to the forum. I am kinda new myself, too...
And I am also a female, no problem with not being in the military, because I'm not.

Thanks all

I didn't get dragged to Burning Man thank God, but I got dragged to a lot of other similar places....

Yesterday in Berkeley I saw a car with two bumper stickers stuck right next to each other "Just forgive" and "No war"...

hmmm....???? :shock:

Just forgive my ass! If it were their family member getting his head lopped off they would be all for the war! Bu ' not so they are nice and comfy with their lame ass sticker!

...Anyways, hi! I'm consrvative too.

Let me also add my welcome to those of the others and urge you to please ask away. To quote an old Army saying: "the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask" :)

You have my sympathy for living anywhere near the Peoples Republic of Berserkly. Your observation about the Far Left's view of Free Speech is dead on - I have noted that the same thing occurs in other places that are famously "liberal" (such as the People's Republic of Santa Monica, the only place in SoCal I have encountered a negative reaction when in uniform).

Thanks Major!

About the Berkeley bumper sticker thing... That was my exact reaction, how f(&^OY$$ dare they say that? All those lives ended and families devastated and we are supposed to have a sharing circle????

I have to live here for a couple more years which I won't get into, but its 99% for my son's sake. I leave every day and come home late!!!

Thanks, Stacey

p.s. Otterbear, nice to meet you!

Back