Intro

Duty Honor Country

Hey all,
I am new to the forum and just want to say hi. My name is Casey and I am a Staff Sergeant in the reserves. In SEP, I am going back to active duty as a 13f forward observer.

I was with the 101st from 97-01 as a 13f. In 99, I volunteered to go to Kosovo. I got out thinking college was the thing to do. 1 year and $18,000 later spent I dropped out because college cost too much. I joined the reserves as a 21b combat engineer to keep the military option open. In NOV 02, I volunteered to be deployed to Kuwait with a multi roll bridge company. We were attached to the 3rd ID and rode thru the war with them. My unit built a bridge along the Euphrates and then moved to Balad we were spent the rest of our time there. I found out that engineers get passed all over the place doing odd & end jobs. I returned to the US in SEP 03. After a bit I decided that the military is the place for me and I will be going to Ft. Carson very soon. Chances are I will be headed back to the sand box early next year.

Soon I will have enough college credits to become an officer. I have seen some pretty messed up things in the army. As an NCO, you can only do so much.

Well, that's enough about me. I'll be around

SSG Doody

Last edited:
Welcome Doody .. keep your chin up, I have a feeling the beloved Army is in for some much needed spring cleaning before too long.

Welcome to the forum Doody. Sounds like things will be going good for you soon. I was stationed at Carson...I think you'll like it if you like the great outdoors. Best of luck to you.

Off to France!!!

I know I just got here, but on monday I am driving to DC to catch a space availible flight to Europe. I am meeting up with an old college buddy in Paris and we are going to follow the 2nd half of the Tour de France. If I have some free time, I am going to go to Normandy and maybe bastogne. If you have any ideas of other places I can visit, just let me know.

SSG Doody

Hey, thats not fair. If you tell us about this you should invite us to go with you. I wish I could go to Normandy. With a metal detector!

Have a great time.

p.s. If you were going to England I could tell you some great WWII places to go.

Tour de France

Well, it is that time to go. I do appologize for not inviting anyone else. If I could smuggle anyone on a HOP flight I would. With anyluck, I will have some kick but pictures of Normandy for anyone who wants them. Now it's time to see Lance in action.

See you all around 1 AUG

SSG Doody

Back