Intersting....

WOW!!!!
thats pretty creepy when you think about it. Just about anybody could have walked into one of those silos and decided, "hey, i'm kinda pissed off at New York City, cause when I was out there, I got a parking ticket, I think i'll launch a Nuclear Warhead fall at them."

I just hope that none of the other high security codes are like that.

:shock:

Oh wow :shock: talk about a total disregard for security. If people had known those codes were just zeros, we might not be here right now.

Hard to believe, but somehow still wouldn't surprise me to find that it was true. The cold war had people out of their minds, so this scenario isn't out of the question.
Hopeful

I would say that article is complete b******t.I install security systems and crack safes for a living and have done for 25 years.All systems start with a default code.Zeros,1234,20,30,40 etc..but the first thing to be done when installed is the default to be changed.The source of this may have come from a civilian contractor who left a newly installed system on default.The real code would have been entered later and also changed regularly.
However I did recently attend the barracks of an Irish Rangers regiment and walked through no less than six restricted doors by putting default codes in!!

No offense but maybe you should of kept that to yourself dude, dont want to put anybody at risk here.

a better source is needed :p i dont believe this at all without an official source confirming it or something :p

Back