The Internet Police Are At It Again

Missileer

They're coming to get us.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-10-10-internet-defamation-case_x.htm

Jury awards $11.3M over defamatory Internet posts.

"A Florida woman has been awarded $11.3 million in a defamation lawsuit against a Louisiana woman who posted messages on the Internet accusing her of being a "crook," a "con artist" and a "fraud."

"Scheff says she wanted to make a point to those who unfairly criticize others on the Internet. "I'm sure (Bock) doesn't have $1 million, let alone $11 million, but the message is strong and clear," Scheff says. "People are using the Internet to destroy people they don't like, and you can't do that."

-More-

Wow...If I'd sued everyone who ever said something disparaging about me over the internet I'd be a rich woman. This is about the height of pathetic.

Oh wow I can rich :cheers:

What a way to make money, damn have these people heard of the delete button. :confused:

See ya'll in court hey. :)

Given the relative anonymity of posting on the internet, unless this woman used the "victim's" real name I have three words for her... GET A LIFE.

In fact if she acts quickly the life she gets may be her own.

I'll own up to some people and their opinions really piss me off but I have never thought of suing someone... I prefer the more personal touch being a knuckle dragging neanderthal and all that.

"First thing we do is kill all the lawyers"

Last edited:
Well... There was a similar case in Norway recently where one guy posted lies and disrespectful messages on his website about his former wife, which in turn ruined the womans life so badly she had to change identity.

So there is something in the story for all of us to think of.

I got a LOT of evidence on all of you!!! :pirate2:
I'M RICH!!! :cheers:
Half of that moneys mine Honey,

Remember I got the video evidence, of you and :cens: , sorry can not name names at this stage, until a large amount of cash has been forked over.

Bidding opens at $5 any takers??

Back