Internet Explorer Version 7

tomtom22

Chief Engineer
I just installed Internet Explorer Version 7. Supposed to have many more security features, such as anti-phishing, etc. Anyone else tried it?
comments please.

Dunno boss, I swear by Firefox... Microsoft always has more bugs than a rotten log in the hill country of West Virginia.

I have installed it and been using it for about a week. It seems to be pretty good. I am still getting used to it a little, but so far, I like it.

yes it has tab browsing and does have a pop up blocking built into the browser, I have noticed a few bugs with some plug-ins causing browser to crash but I think I am going to stick with Opera.

I updated to 7.0 recently, but I've only had problems with it thus far. Switched to Firefox, and haven't had a problem since.

I got IE7 but I still use Firefox for almost all sites, I only use IE for school work because most of it doesn't work on Firefox.

There has been a few security patches released for IE7 recently so make sure you have them installed... And the patch for the patch for the first patch...

But it looks nice, though... :D

Bah IE still holds hands far to much with Windows....

Let us also not forget that MS insists on making its own standards for all web devs to follow.... Unlike all the other browsers out there who strive to be W3C compliant....What does this mean it means the designer doesn't have to botch their code and do extra scripting to make pages render properly in IE and all other browsers... (summation basically could go on for hours about why IE is BS)

IE is the anti-standard

Last edited:
IE 7 just came out

Just this morning when I was installing windows updates, I was asked if I wanted to install IE 7, I did just to check it out. I'm surprised it came to me without anybody on the net or anywhere else notifying its release being imminent since people are always talking about it. It's like a scaled down version of firefox or opera, but it does have a decent rss feed. Did any of you other guys get it downloaded?

I used to use IE6, but just loaded Firefox, too. I use both off and on, and cannot tell much of a difference. IE7 loads faster, but Firefox 2 boots up better.

Right now I'm on Firefox.

i like the built in spell checker-- IE can't do that.
Automatic tabs as compared to make-your-own is nice on Firefox.

Back