Internet Explorer

MightyMacbeth

I am Honor
I have a question about it.

How do I setup my page?
There is this toolbar that used to appear at the bottom of the page that gave info, and also showed the link of a hyperlink if I placed the mouse over it. How can I have it back?

If I have not made it clear, please tell me :) thanks

Well you kind of have to have inernet explorer (it's windows), thus the many problems I have with it....

I use both mostly FireFox since it has sooooooooo many add-ons and extras and tweaks and on and on and you get the point :)

You can have both. I actually still have IE on my system, though I never use it. It is removable, though. (Remember the lawsuit?)

moving0target said:
You can have both. I actually still have IE on my system, though I never use it. It is removable, though. (Remember the lawsuit?)
Can you NOT remember it? LOL...Dark times...Haha...But yea, I have both still on my computer. I havent bothered to remove it because the parents still use it...Ive tried to show them the advantages of it, but they're "old school." Mom does use Thunderbird for her e-mail though...We're taking baby steps. LOL

moving0target said:

Open up your task manager and end the process called explorer.exe and see what happens :p

Internet Explorer is windows is everything why do you think you can type internet addresses from viewing your dirves...

This is why IE loads up instantly (it is already running, Windows Explorer = Internet Explorer)....Thus why secruity holes in IE are soooooo bad....

-edit

You can remove the web browser, but you really dont it just makes it look like you have....It is complex... You are also gonna want to keep IE if you ever need to do anything on Micrsofts site or any of their affiliate sites...

And yes I'm aware of the United States vs. Microsoft where the US thought users should be bale to remove IE...

See Microsoft made it look like IE was seperate but it really isnt...It is your desktop, file browser, everything...

on a side note I hope I'm not coming off as a prick, I say this because I have been having a bad week soooo if you feel that is so please do not ;)

Last edited:
Back