International Air Show Berlin 2006 - Page 2

--

May 25th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Yes, did you notice the Bavarian seal underneath the German and Spanish flags on the Barracuda's tail?

Seeing (and hearing!) the MiG-29 OVT perform its thrust-vectory magic was breathatking! I reckon only the F-22 Raptor could do better. The Patrouille Suisse with their F-5 Freedom Fighters was pretty neat too!

systemlord, I was there on saturday, where they showed, what they claimed was a standard attack pattern: An E-3 flying over the battlefield to chart it, then 2 Typhoons to intercept a hostile F-4 (talk about overwhelming odds) and force it to land, then the Typhoons performing a combat air patrol to keep the airspace clear of enemy aircraft, then ECR Tornados coming in to jam enemy electronics, a tanker Tornado refuelling another Tornado, then several Tornados coming in at different angles to "destroy targets on the ground".

Oh yeah also the USAF people let me board their C-130 Hercules.

Where you there the same day, if not what other aerial stunts did you see (apart from the A380 of which you posted a pic)?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0015.jpg (26.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0017.jpg (29.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0018.jpg (29.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0019.jpg (34.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0020.jpg (22.8 KB, 4 views)
May 29th, 2006  
systemlord

I've been there on friday.
The Flying Display was, as far as I know, the same as on saturday.
May 29th, 2006  
Ollie Garchy

Hi Guys,

The show was great. I particularly liked the ME 262. What was with the food, though?
--
May 29th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Didn't see the Me 262.:'(

Food? The Bratwürste were alright. Didn't try the hot dogs though cos they looked rank.
May 29th, 2006  
Ollie Garchy

A picture of the ME 262:

The Hot Dogs were not as bad as the Thai stuff. Evil indeed.

[Noticed the sky? The shot was obviously not taken in Berlin last week!]
May 29th, 2006  
AJChenMPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
The title of the thread jogged my memory... anyone else on here old enough to remember the tragedy at the Rammstein Air Show back in 1988? It was a collision with the Italian stunt team if my aging memory serves me right. Ever since then I am relieved whenever I hear of one of these things going off without a hitch.
BD: last I heard, most air show coordinators and demonstration teams basically draw a line parallel to the flight line between the runway and the crowd (has to be at least 200 feet from the crowd), and only do maneuvers either along that line, or away from the crowd. Greatly reduces the risk of injuries to the crowd if a "mishap" were to occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemlord

NATO Boeing E-3A Sentry
I walked through one of those at Andrews AFB about ten days ago during the Joint Services Open House. There was a darned cute female Air Force captain on it who was eyein' me. Ah, if I weren't engaged...
May 29th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

cool, thanks
May 29th, 2006  
systemlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Garchy
The Hot Dogs were not as bad as the Thai stuff. Evil indeed.

[Noticed the sky? The shot was obviously not taken in Berlin last week!]
I had a Bratwurst and for me it was o.k.

Well, on friday the sky really looked particularly like that. A beautiful baby-blue...
May 29th, 2006  
tomtom22

Great pics, lousy weather!
May 30th, 2006  
Ollie Garchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom22
Great pics, lousy weather!
Damn Right! I went Saturday and missed the blue skies, I guess. Hey, the weather is currently a disaster...when is the sun going to counterattack?