Interesting Quotes From Vietnam

M1karava

I recently finished a book on the Vietnam war and these two quotes interested me, personally I though they were rather good , what do you think?

Here they are

1. on the battlefield when things are bad it only takes a few brave men to turn things around its been in my experience in battle that out of 10 men one or two are natural fighters...but when once a fighter jumps up and shouts "follow me" and charges others are inspired to follow
- Colonel David Hackworth (ret u.s army )

2. The machine gunners, the artillery folks or the flyboys kill the VC, but it cost them smething like $ 4,000 for them to get one. It costs Uncle Sam 27 cents, the price of on M-14 round, for me to zero on just one. They dont zap more than me they just make more noise. It takes alot for them to do the job, but im trained to do it in just one shot.
- Vietnam Sniper Bob Jones

theres more but those two are the quotes that struck me as good enough to post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently finished a book on the Vietnam war and these two quotes interested me, personally I though they were rather good , what do you think?

Here they are

1. on the battlefield when things are bad it only takes a few brave men to turn things around its been in my experience in battle that out of 10 men one or two are natural fighters...but when once a fighter jumps up and shouts "follow me" and charges others are inspired to follow
- Colonel David Hackworth (ret u.s army )

2. The machine gunners, the artillery folks or the flyboys kill the VC, but it cost them smething like $ 4,000 for them to get one. It costs Uncle Sam 27 cents, the price of on M-14 round, for me to zero on just one. They dont zap more than me they just make more noise. It takes alot for them to do the job, but im trained to do it in just one shot.
- Vietnam Sniper Bob Jones

theres more but those two are the quotes that struck me as good enough to post.

Not doubting Col. Hackworth said this but he had a very narrow view of combat and soldiers. Which might explain why, despite his undeniable steller combat record he never had a significant command.
Close also counts in farts and WMD's

Back