Interesting days ahead for Scottish Police

I normally don't cross the line to use what can be viewed as derogatory terms for other nationalities.

I have not been aware of the different terms you are using about other people, which I am viewing as British. I have been aware about the term "limey" for a long time. Is that a derogatory term too?

Don't worry about using Jock, that scouse bast*rd Highway Man isn't afraid to!!!!

I'll not be offended. ;)

Limey is a yank term for Englishers I think? They only think the UK consists of Engerland! :roll:

Don't worry about using Jock, that scouse bast*rd Highway Man isn't afraid to!!!!

I'll not be offended. ;)

Limey is a yank term for Englishers I think? They only think the UK consists of Engerland! :roll:

I will never call you a "jock" I will call you :cen:. What I have heard about the term "limey" is; the Brits used lime fruits onboard ships to prevent scurvy

I will never call you a "jock" I will call you :cen:. What I have heard about the term "limey" is; the Brits used lime fruits onboard ships to prevent scurvy

You're too kind mate! :lol:

I think you're right. I'm sure it has a Royal Navy connection.

I don't like them fells, they cost me money, the last time I went over Hardknott, I knackered my clutch and it cost me £700 to get it replaced! Besides, I'd need oxygen therapy chasing sheep up there! :shock:

What the feck were you doing going over Hardknott? Sheep related I suppose... :shock:

Those fell roads are horrible. I remember taking my Range Rover over Kirkstone Pass. :shock: Never again!!

What the feck were you doing going over Hardknott? Sheep related I suppose... :shock:

Those fell roads are horrible. I remember taking my Range Rover over Kirkstone Pass. :shock: Never again!!

Kirkstone is nice and gentle compared to Honister and Hardknott. We were out for a nice drive in the days when I could afford to buy fuel. As we were making our way up the steepest part, there was oil on a wet road and I couldn't get traction. I was giving it big licks and the car was still sliding backwards! Its a good job there was a boulder on the bend as it stopped the car from going over a 800 foot drop to the valley floor! the wife and nipper were screaming like banshees, I must admit, the old hoop was giving it 5p 50p 5p 50p! :shock:

I'm not addressing you like that! Don't you know who I am?

I once had an irate senior officer phone the military police station and before I had chance to answer the phone with my name and rank, he launched into a foul mouthed tirade. I said "whoa, what are you on about?" to which the snooty voice on the other end of the phone said, "do you know who you are talking to?" I said "do you know who you are talking to?" he said "no" I went "good, well f*ck off then!" and hung up! he rang up again enquiring who he had just spoken to, I disguised my accent and said I'm sorry sir, no one has rang me for over an hour. He apologised for being a nuisance and hung up. :lol:

I'll not be offended. ;)

In Germany I heard a Jock Regiment NCO refer his blokes as "My Jocks."

is a yank term for Englishers I think? They only think the UK consists of Engerland! :roll:

I thought it referred to all Brits.

Of course the UK only consists of England, what else is there worth mentioning?:p

I dare not ask what's wrong with us Englishers. As no doubt you could give me pages upon pages, and centuries upon centuries of wrong doings. :D

We beat the sh!te outta the Jocks, Paddy's and Taffy's numerous times, nicked their land, raped their women if they had any teeth, ate their pigs, goats, sheep, moo cows and their crops then set fire to their hovels. I think that's about it. Oh I nearly forgot, made the buggers into slaves and what REALLY upset the Welsh we made sheep shagging illegal, what pissed off the Paddy's we made planting potato's illegal, and the Jocks we made bagpipes illegal.

Hawky you really are crap at history.:neutral:

You're too kind mate! :lol:

I think you're right. I'm sure it has a Royal Navy connection.

Yes it does, it refers to the prevention of scurvy on long sea voyages.

Last edited:
Mrs CF is a breed of Englisher. My parents were Englishers. My nieces, nephews, sister in law and brother in law are Englishers.... :shock:

You're an English plastic Scotsman!.
I'm 1/2 English 1/2 Taff with a splash of Paddy, and possible a bit of Egyptian!.
Pass me that Camel.

Kirkstone is nice and gentle compared to Honister and Hardknott. We were out for a nice drive in the days when I could afford to buy fuel. As we were making our way up the steepest part, there was oil on a wet road and I couldn't get traction. I was giving it big licks and the car was still sliding backwards! Its a good job there was a boulder on the bend as it stopped the car from going over a 800 foot drop to the valley floor! the wife and nipper were screaming like banshees, I must admit, the old hoop was giving it 5p 50p 5p 50p! :shock:

Kirkstone is too narrow and twisty in places, especially in a big feck off 4x4.

Back