To intercept or not?

Rabs

Should the US attempt to try and Intercept the N.Korean launch with our infant missile defense system or should we not risk the emberassment and just let the missile go.

I say try to shoot the sucker down.

Opinions?

But its really not considering they didnt terroize anybody by doing it.

Oh your right, a missile that can hit anywere in the US west of Chicago that may or may not be tipped with a nuclear warhead being test fired in the direction of United States, I'd feel perfectly safe.

Yes, but shooting down one missile isnt going to stop them from making more. Shooting it down can only make matters worse. As long as they are just testing it. I dont believe it should be shot down.

Ok, say we shoot it down. What do you he would do? If its just a test I can't see a reason to shoot it down.

then we launch our own back instead of going into military action and loosing lives in a pointless battle, becuase if we declare war i say just nuke the hell out of them

CDT.Ensign said:
then we launch our own back instead of going into military action and loosing lives in a pointless battle, becuase if we declare war i say just nuke the hell out of them

Ok seriously, not a good Idea man.

how else do we stop it without loosing lives or causing an all out world nuke launch

b/c you know eventually this prob will escalate into something more than it is now

Ok, do you honestly believe that nuking the shit out of NK will quietly end the whole thing? What about SK they are are allies and are right next to NK. Do you think China is going to just sit by? How many allies will we lose in the process?

CDT.Ensign said:
it worked ending the war with japan didnt it

As said by others, we were the only game in town.

Another issue is that they were Kiloton weapons. 13 to 16 kilotons

The weapons we have now are Megaton versions.

I'm sure you have had advanced math. A 1,000 kiloton bomb is 1 megaton.

As far as shooting down the test missile. I would give it some range, but if it looked as if it were not going to self destruct I would scrap it with what ever we had that would do the job. (I might even be tempted to destroy it with a nuclear warhead and claim the Koreans were aiming at San Francisco.)

In any case the best thing is for a massive failure on launch.

Did Star Wars ever get finished?

im just saying i dont entirely feel safe with nkorea having a weapon of that magnatude, becuase weve already been @ war with them once, whos 2 say it wont happen again

and yes i know the size of SOME of our warheads, bu you cant foget that we can choose how much we use, and how we deploy our nukes if the time comes to choose them

there are different ways to do it without causing uneeded damages

Uneeded damages? The most casulties from the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were from the radiation that ensued afterwards. Nuclear means radiation damage. No matter how small the bomb, no matter how contained, there will be radiation damage. And that,my friend,is uneeded damage.

No, I say we let them try to launch, and watch it. If it comes to the west side of the Pond, light it up. If it heads harmlessly into the ocean, or self-destructs on the eastern side, then we let it go. If it does come west, don't start war, just shoot it down, tell them to not do it again, if we see any other military activity even remotely against the United States, then we light THEM up.

We have two cadets discussing the beginning of the end of the world here and they seem to think that once the red ball is out of the box they can put it back in again.

Sorry to be contrary, but once a nuke is used we are finished as a civilization, not just the U.S, but the world.

I know, which is why Im saying that we shoot it down if it comes west (not with a nuke, with gunfire.) and if it does turn into war, we go all out. Not just with N. Korea, but with all our "potential" enemies. Once someone, not necessarily the US, but someone, presses the button, everyone is gone. ever seen the movie WarGames?

Back