Interactive consoles get kids off the couch

--

December 23rd, 2007  
Team Infidel

Topic: Interactive consoles get kids off the couch

Interactive consoles get kids off the couch
Working up a sweat playing video games on Nintendo's interactive Wii console is no replacement for real exercise but at least it gets overweight children off the couch, according to British researchers.
December 23rd, 2007  
A Can of Man

Man I played some Wii coz my cousins have it and man it is one HELL of a workout. It really depends on what kind of game you play but try the boxing game for 2 hours straight and you will be dripping in sweat and just about dead from heart attack.
December 23rd, 2007  
FutureMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Man I played some Wii coz my cousins have it and man it is one HELL of a workout. It really depends on what kind of game you play but try the boxing game for 2 hours straight and you will be dripping in sweat and just about dead from heart attack.

A friend and I played tennis for a few hours, by the end we were both sweating.
--
December 24th, 2007  
major liability

I use the simpler solution of running on my treadmill while shooting my friends in Halo.
December 25th, 2007  
A Can of Man

Hehehe not only is that a good workout but it's realistic!
Now that's what they ought to do, a treadmill that interacts with your FPS. If you character is running, so are you fatso!!!
December 27th, 2007  
major liability

Yeah, I heard about a psuedo-virtual reality device in some mall in Arizona. Apparently they had the floor rigged to sense your movements and tell your avatar in Quake III to do the same thing. It was like a treadmill that could move in any direction, depending on where you stepped.