Is this intentional or a bug?

MontyB

All-Blacks Supporter
I have noticed that if I add a youtube video using the quick reply option all it shows is the link where as if I add it via the reply button it shows the video.

I have noticed that if I add a youtube video using the quick reply option all it shows is the link where as if I add it via the reply button it shows the video.

This happens to me somtimes as well, if it is a popular video one thing you can try is to either try a few hours later, or usually there is a copy of it posted elsewhere on you tube, try it again with that one.

The only thing I can deduce from this is possibley it may be with type of browser the uploader has used to post the video, and whether or not it allows such posting on a forum.

Or maybe said broswer information is outdated and conflicting with the forum. Who knows.

I am sure a more tech savy member will post the answer to this universal mystery any moment now...

Umm I mean if I try and post a link to Youtube on this site, if I use the quick post option only the link shows but if I use the reply button the video shows.

Basically the quick reply option automatically seems to use the ['url]['/url] tags and does not recognise the [yt][/yt] tags.

Umm I mean if I try and post a link to Youtube on this site, if I use the quick post option only the link shows but if I use the reply button the video shows.

Basically the quick reply option automatically seems to use the ['url]['/url] tags and does not recognise the [yt][/yt] tags.

That is what I was facing time and time again, here, I adressed this issue after some frustration in a similar thread, you might be able to dig up something that can at least help a bit as we wait on a more clear response here.

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/posting-videos-t92332.html

Hope this helps :confused:

As generic as that sounds.

That is what I was facing time and time again, here, I adressed this issue after some frustration in a similar thread, you might be able to dig up something that can at least help a bit as we wait on a more clear response here.

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/posting-videos-t92332.html

Hope this helps :confused:

As generic as that sounds.

Yep saw that but what I am saying is that in the box at the bottom of the page titled "Quick Reply" the Yt and /yt tags do not work instead they substitute url and /url tags which seems odd to me.

Yep saw that but what I am saying is that in the box at the bottom of the page titled "Quick Reply" the Yt and /yt tags do not work instead they substitute url and /url tags which seems odd to me.

Seems you've discovered something.

Hopfully Mr. Redleg will be here with the resolution soon, if it can bug you surely I do not see why I myself may not run into this issue in the future as well.

the [yt][/yt] tags isn't really needed anymore, the video should appear in the post if you just post the youtube link there.

Just tested it with quick reply, and it works there as well

Weird, I have tried a couple of times to post a Youtube link in the quick reply box and every time it has put a url tag in front of it (I tried to edit it) instead of a yt tag.

I realise we no longer have to put the yt tag in as it is automatically done but a couple of times now it has put the url one in instead of yt.

Back