Intel MOS Questions

egoz

I've already taken my ASVAB and scored high enough for an intel MOS. But I'm not sure what MOS I should be looking for exactly. I want to do something where I work in the field and involves some adventure (interpret that as danger is welcome). I spoke to an Army recruiter and I think I want to go into Counter Intelligence (97B). I haven't spoken to any other branch recruiters yet and I was curious about what types of other intel jobs are out there. Does anyone have experience in this field? I realize a lot of the things they do are classified and you can't be specific, but any insight would be helpful. If intelligence isn't the field I should be looking at, maybe some other suggestions?

My ultimate goal is to become a pilot and use my enlistment bonuses for school. But I want an enlisted job that would be fun and something I would enjoy. Any help or advice you provide is greatly appreciated.

Look in About.com

i'm going into 96B intelligence analyst, and trust me I did as much research as possible on this. I looked through the GOARMY website and had my recruiter show me videos. Of course, thinking this information might be biased, I went to www.about.com. Type Army MOS and they give you a very detailed and comprehensive explanation of the types of MOS including specifications that you can't find on the website and the recruiter won't tell you. Good luck! :idea:

Re: Look in About.com

cbbr08 said:
i'm going into 96B intelligence analyst, and trust me I did as much research as possible on this. I looked through the GOARMY website and had my recruiter show me videos. Of course, thinking this information might be biased, I went to www.about.com. Type Army MOS and they give you a very detailed and comprehensive explanation of the types of MOS including specifications that you can't find on the website and the recruiter won't tell you. Good luck! :idea:

that's actually where i started looking for information was at that website, it's a great place. i was looking for a little bit more information on whether i'd be sitting in an office in CONUS vs actually doing field work. i'd rather do field work which is why i was looking for a HUMINT job. if i could be out collecting the intelligence myself, that'd be perfect. if any of the jobs give me some time in combat that'd be great too (i know, i'm asking for trouble).

Back