An inside look into Kim Jong-il's bodyguards

all leaders of large nations have good body guards..

but i believe north korean body guards do more than just protecting their leaders,

like chinese body guards, they probably also take care of leader's other daily needs, like food, driving, medicare stuff

Doppleganger said:
Missileer said:
First, let the martial artist go through his warmups and squeals, then give him a 9mm enema.

I was watching the History channel (as always) and some of our ex and present troops who served at the meeting place, can't remember the name, where the cease fire was signed, were telling of their experiences with the NK troops. American soldiers have been ambushed and killed through the years but always by a gang of their guards. One-on-one is a no-no for NK guards because our troops are specially chosen for size, over 6 ft tall and brawny build. This is meant to humiliate and intimidate NK guards and it works very well because there has never been an incident between one-on-one. One of the US guards said he prayed for one of the NKs to make a mistake and get too close to him.

You know. Unless the American soldiers concerned have hand-to-hand combat training and are *good* at it (assuming they have and they are) size does not really matter if you are fighting someone well trained in practical martial arts. Unless there's a really stupid difference in size and even that can be overcome. Witness Royce Gracie in the UFC beating men who outweighed him by over 100 pounds in some cases.

The breaking of implements over various parts of the body is really for show. I'd imagine his bodyguards have some kind of akido/ju-jitsiu style training which does not require brute strength or size to make effective. If you haven't been trained to escape from chokes/locks/strangles or cannot grapple you will be at a *severe* disadvantage with these guys.

Dopple, have you ever tried to strangle a defensive tackle with a 22 inch neck full of muscles? What, exactly do you think a 320 lb man who is 6'6" is going to be doing with arms as big as a normally large man's leg besides pulling limbs off a smaller man?

OUCHHHHHHHHHH, the shovel to the stomach does not look like fun. These bodyguards seem to be well trained like the ex-body guard stated. IMO size does not matter. I've been doing Wusuh for about 7.5 years and I have gone up against people who are 6-12 inches taller then me and about 75lbs heavier. (Im about 5'6-7 and 120-125 lbs)... Im sure these body guards are super trained and are likely to be willing to die for this dictator.

Do you think that they would let someone "from the crowd" hit them with a heavy object? That's an old Las Vegas trick, the magician using his own helper can always pull off a trick. Let's say a professional baseball player could have a swing at someone's midsection, would they do as well?

EuroSpike, you do know what I meant by a "9mm enema" don't you. :) It doesn't have to be a 9mm one a 12 gauge enema would work. Just a little levity attempt.

"EuroSpike, you do know what I meant by a "9mm enema" don't you. :) It doesn't have to be a 9mm one a 12 gauge enema would work. Just a little levity attempt."

Yeah, i read your comment once again and understod what did you mean. Long expensive martial art training which is easily wasted by one single bullet. WASTED, should i say. ;)

EuroSpike said:
"EuroSpike, you do know what I meant by a "9mm enema" don't you. :) It doesn't have to be a 9mm one a 12 gauge enema would work. Just a little levity attempt."

Yeah, i read your comment once again and understod what did you mean. Long expensive martial art training which is easily wasted by one single bullet. WASTED, should i say. ;)

Yep, that's exactly right. These guys could be able to kill any human when they get within 10m of them, but what is to stop someone from shooting them from 15m or 900m for that matter. I was watching a History Channel special on the Secret Service, and they scope out possible sniper hides and what not weeks in adavance of the President being there. And when he does get there, there are counter-snipers placed in strategic places. There is no super-duper martial masters lurking about during inaguration ceremonies and other such events.

"Yep, that's exactly right. These guys could be able to kill any human when they get within 10m of them, but what is to stop someone from shooting them from 15m or 900m for that matter."

And even closer ranges are enough, the most important is to keep enough space between you and "hujahaja" man to be able to pull the trigger before he gets on or do anything.

IMO the best way to get bodyguards is to pick up suitable men who already have necessary HtH skills and then give them bodyguard and weapon training. Also military/police backround is positive, and the respectfull size of gorilla of course.

EuroSpike said:
"Yep, that's exactly right. These guys could be able to kill any human when they get within 10m of them, but what is to stop someone from shooting them from 15m or 900m for that matter."

And even closer ranges are enough, the most important is to keep enough space between you and "hujahaja" man to be able to pull the trigger before he gets on or do anything.

IMO the best way to get bodyguards is to pick up suitable men who already have necessary HtH skills and then give them bodyguard and weapon training. Also military/police backround is positive, and the respectfull size of gorilla of course.

Yeah, the last thing I would be thinking of when a Mountain Gorilla was peeling my limbs from my body would be where to "chop" him. An UZI would tke that decision away.

The guys can outshoot and outrun the vast, VAST majority of soldiers out there. Then up front they can rip them to shreds with their bare hands.

how many of them are there? the video's bandwidth is exceded but I'm interested know because I'm sure it's a failry elite group which is good if someone were to attack korea without any tactical support and with a relatively small rifleman only force. :roll: I'm still more worried about N.Korea's nuclear capability.

Missileer said:
Doppleganger said:
Missileer said:
First, let the martial artist go through his warmups and squeals, then give him a 9mm enema.

I was watching the History channel (as always) and some of our ex and present troops who served at the meeting place, can't remember the name, where the cease fire was signed, were telling of their experiences with the NK troops. American soldiers have been ambushed and killed through the years but always by a gang of their guards. One-on-one is a no-no for NK guards because our troops are specially chosen for size, over 6 ft tall and brawny build. This is meant to humiliate and intimidate NK guards and it works very well because there has never been an incident between one-on-one. One of the US guards said he prayed for one of the NKs to make a mistake and get too close to him.

You know. Unless the American soldiers concerned have hand-to-hand combat training and are *good* at it (assuming they have and they are) size does not really matter if you are fighting someone well trained in practical martial arts. Unless there's a really stupid difference in size and even that can be overcome. Witness Royce Gracie in the UFC beating men who outweighed him by over 100 pounds in some cases.

The breaking of implements over various parts of the body is really for show. I'd imagine his bodyguards have some kind of akido/ju-jitsiu style training which does not require brute strength or size to make effective. If you haven't been trained to escape from chokes/locks/strangles or cannot grapple you will be at a *severe* disadvantage with these guys.

Dopple, have you ever tried to strangle a defensive tackle with a 22 inch neck full of muscles? What, exactly do you think a 320 lb man who is 6'6" is going to be doing with arms as big as a normally large man's leg besides pulling limbs off a smaller man?

I think you're partly right. Someone who is exceptionally big or strong can cause some foolproof techniques to go out the window. However, there are some that will work. There are parts of the human body that will always remain weak, no matter how much muscle or how the big the guy is. Someone who is very good at ju-jitsiu will be able to exploit those weaknesses. Their technique will have to be excellent but I'd expect someone who was selected as a personal bodyguard to the leader of their country to be very, very good indeed.

the_13th_redneck said:
He probably knows Jujitsu better than you :lol:

Who does? Missileer, Kim Jong Il , a 6ft 6in, 320lb defensive tackle? :)

Hehe I'm far from an expert so it's really not hard, although I've felt the power of it and used it against big men (read 6ft 5in, 270lbs big) so it does work. These techniques have been combat proven and used for hundreds of years so they do work. Techniques that didn't work weren't passed on because usually the person didn't live to tell about it. :D I do acknowledge that if your opponent is very strong and big you need to make adjustments, to be very good and very fast in the application of your technique, and be a good fighter with punches, strikes and kicking in your arsenal too. Personally I wouldn't go NEAR anyone that big in a real combat situation unless I was cornered and had NO other choice. But then again I'm not in any way, shape or form even remotely close to how good I'd imagine those bodyguards to be.

hmm.. these bodyguards are seemingly too loyal.. and mad

you only need one mad enough to kill his master. ;) :rambo:

the_13th_redneck said:
They have guns too. And they shoot quicker and straighter than you.

That is only matter of practise and to learn good weapon use it doesn't need being martial art master. In that weapon using on the tape was nothing unusual.

the_13th_redneck said:
The guys can outshoot and outrun the vast, VAST majority of soldiers out there. Then up front they can rip them to shreds with their bare hands.

Redneck, you are letting yourself be sucked in by an article choreographed by a very deceptive country. The German Army had a trick they used in propaganda films in WWII. They used a law of physics to line two rows of troopers beside each other and each line of men supported a vehicle loading ramp. They would smile at the camera and someone would drive a truck up and over the bridge of men. The load was distributed evenly and it looked like they were super human.

Back