ING SF - Page 2

--

August 27th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

The problem with those damned clerics is that when you try to capture them, they will probably kill themselves, now i wish we could just kill them but that would make them martyrs and strengthen their cause.
August 27th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Well, obviously al-Sadr had forgotten his "fight to the death" cause, seeing as he's brokered another cease-fire
August 27th, 2004  
silent driller

Those three particular gentlemen don't appear to be part of the actual "raid" part of things. They are carrying sniper rifles.
--
August 28th, 2004  
Trevor

If they were'nt planning on close-range combat (i.e. raid), why would they have M-4s?
August 29th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
If they were'nt planning on close-range combat (i.e. raid), why would they have M-4s?
Probably because they are simply posing for a photo and not preparing for any type of "raid" at that exact moment. It's just a picture.
August 29th, 2004  
Aaron

are they serious they dont look that serious when they start posing like they are in the photo
August 29th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

I would think they are very seriouse. I mean, the best equiptment goes to the best, and they are sportin much better stuff then the normal ING grunt.
August 30th, 2004  
Grimnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
defense?
August 30th, 2004  
Acerbus

Yeah, I'm thinking defense, 'cause when you're getting charged by a buncha people, a sniper rifle's a small drop in the bucket. Never hurts to be safe, and carrying enough ammunition.

As for al-Sadr negotiating cease-fires, I just think he's buying time. And if not him, the less persuasive fractions of his group will, and so on. The Viet Cong did it so many times to the US during the Vietnam conflict, negotiating peace terms to recuperate forces and prepare for another campaign.