Inform Authors if there posts are removed or where moved

Doc.S

Hello, I have a little suggestion :)

I ,Myselfe, am a moderator/Administrator on a forum back here in sweden and sometimes there are messages that have been missplaced to the wrong place, or it simply contains such information that has to be removed. It can be posts that are up for flaming, spamm or is simply breaking the rules on the forum. I have noticed that some messages here are moved from time to time, but not all messages have the text Moved - A great way to deal with forums and authors of different messages is to inform the authors by a message of some kind.

I Myselfe prefer to use the Private Messaging function, and I also instruct all my moderators to do the same, I inform the author of the message that it has been removed or why it has been moved from the thread. I have been forum moderator for 5 years now on different places and I have to say that it is a great thing to do when you as moderator moderate the different forums in many perspectives. One good reason is that the authors don´t get unnecessary upset by the measure taken by a moderator and another is that you dont have to loose to many authors from the forum.

I do not know how it works in the U.S but the system has proven most effective here in sweden on the different forums I have been moderator on, and on others webbsites aswell A good forum is a forum with pleasant surroundings that can manage almost every situation that can suprise even the most experianced moderator sometimes. A good moderator can manage a conflict without getting personaly involved and control the power over the forum without getting delusions of grandeur. Well just some words about remove and move.

:D

Thanx for the word:

Doc.S

:viking:

We do inform the author if we remove/delete posts.

And moved topics will have the text "moved" infront of them..

But sometimes we may accidentally click the wrong button, and leave out the "moved" bit...

Most of "authors" of deleted flaming posts will get a warning PM and/or a warning in the thread.
We do also leave a lot of "Admin edit" or "mod edit" in edited posts too..

So I can't really understand what posts/topics you are refering to??

We may of course forget to send a PM from time to time, but most the author(s) will get notified one way or the other.

That is really good to here Redleg :)

It seems like one post out on the military related posts has probably accidentally been removed or deleted cause no Admin-Edit or mod Edit can be found by me on the topic Bringing Democray to the Middle East? No PM has been sent to me and no warnings or other disciplinary punishment have been enforced on me yet. So I just assume this for now and I also wanted to make a suggestion in the suggestion box. It has happend before but it was a looong time ago so I dont remember it in detail for now. If there is any disciplinary punishment on the way I would be greatful for a personal PM in the private message box. ;)

Best Regards:
Doc.S

It may have been just a glitch... :oops:

Sorry about that, but we try to PM or inform in other ways if we move/delete/edit posts.

:D

Thanx alot Redleg I do know the problem with glich errors and your answer solves my problem. :mrgreen:

Most Sincerly:
Doc.S

Back