Info.

Eames

Hi, I was wondering if theres anyone else on this site planning on join the USMC, and if anyone could give me info?

I would like to be in the infantry, just like my grandpa was.

So any info would be nice.

I can help ya out brother. Ima future Marine m'self. How old are you? Are you in JROTC? If not go to Military.com and do some research, practice marching... read up on SOPs, regulations, weapons, routines, etc. of the Marine Corps. Make sure you discipline yerself real good and that you have no problem getting pushed to yer limits... then gettin pushed farther. Be prepared to get yelled at, do immenise amounts of PT, and have super sharp precision in everything you do.

Haha, I aint tryin to rag on the army but why did you join the Army? Also, how is enlisting in the Marines ruining yer life?
11B in the Marines is better jus sayin ha. (11B is the MOS designation for Infantryman btw, every MOS has one ei; 68W, Combat Medic.. 11B Infantryman... 88M Truck Driver.)
Also MOS is Military Occupational Specialty

Last edited:
Marines don't have 11Bs...they have 0311s.

Neither is better, each has their bread and butter and each has their own unique capabilities. They're damn fine "soldiers" ( I know, I know...Marines are NOT soldiers, I meant it in the generic sense) and will do ANYTHING to accomplish the mission. Don't listen to boots (new guys) when it comes to the services. If you want to join the Marines, go to a recruiter and start the process. Do your OWN research and come to your own conclusions. THEN, move forward on what you want to do.

Marines don't have 11Bs...they have 0311s.

Neither is better, each has their bread and butter and each has their own unique capabilities. They're damn fine "soldiers" ( I know, I know...Marines are NOT soldiers, I meant it in the generic sense) and will do ANYTHING to accomplish the mission. Don't listen to boots (new guys) when it comes to the services. If you want to join the Marines, go to a recruiter and start the process. Do your OWN research and come to your own conclusions. THEN, move forward on what you want to do.

Truer words have never been spoken. Check in with your local recruiting office, and go from there. Other that "this is what the chow is like at Boot", there's not much in the way of good career information that you can get out of someone who's only actual experience is Boot.

And as far as "who's better", as brinktk said, each branch has their own unique capabilities. Marines are better trained for certain aspects of combat, whereas the Army specializes in other aspects. So I don't want to hear any more of that. Understood?

Yes sir. They are both correct and I shoulda said that from the beginning. Honestly I cant tell you what to expect I aint been to boot, I also aint enlisted yet. I can only tell you what I have researched and what i have heard from enlisted Marines and Army personal. Like they said though, do your own research. Talk to your recruiters. Find what suits you the best and go from there. Also I apologize for talkin bad about the Army, I have no place in calling which is better, its simple preferences.

Back