Info for a future U.S. Marine

Future Marine

I know that the U.S. Marines are known being proud and stong and known for there battles in the Pacific.Well iam only 14 almost 15 and everyone talking about careers.My friend wants to be carpenter and i said well thats not very exciting.The i started to think of mine career.I thought of the Marines for many reasons.One my grandpa fought in WWII in the battle of Okinawa and many others.He was also a Seargant while he was in.The his friend was in korea.I want to go to the Navel Academy to become a officer in the marines.I want ask all marines the adventure and how hard it will be.Also for those officers out there how was the academy i want some feedback before sending a application.

I recommend the Naval Academy Summer Seminar, if you're a junior. The application usually opens on the 1st of February every year, and it's a pretty good (five day) look at Academy life. How are your grades?

Also, do you have reasons for wanting to be a Marine officer besides your grandpa? They will ask.

yek i want to join for adventure and for honor and to serve my country to protect its freedoms.although iam the only son.I also herd i cant go to the front lines if iam the only son.

yek i want to join for adventure and for honor and to serve my country to protect its freedoms.although iam the only son.I also herd i cant go to the front lines if iam the only son.

Absolutely not true...with an all-volunteer military, if you're in, you're going.

The Naval Academy's big on extracurriculars. Excellent grades are a must, obviously. Do you play any sports or anything?

I wasn't Marines I was Navy, but I can tell you the Marines are dept of the Navy so I know a little about them
(1) yea go to Annapolis and become a Officer
(2) your an only son? that means your parents will only have one son on the front lines
(3) you will continue a proud line of service within your family
(4) the Food ifs GREAT ( don't believe that)
(5) Never tell a Marine he's part of the Navy :)
(6) You will see parts of eth world you will want to see again, and other parts you'll hope you never even dream of again
(7) You will miss the corps after you retire or get out

I was discharged as a disabled vet after 18 years in the Navy with a permanent back injury, and I miss the Navy every day

Hello Everybody, hello Wolfen Sir, hello 03USMC Sir,

That was very good:

"Oh but wolfen we are a department of the Navy.

It's the Men's Department."

I'm gonna tell my friends who are still in the Army, that I was in the antiaircraft artillery... "the Men's Department."!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :salute:

A big ciao from Italy
Alex

Wolfen Sir,

thank you my holidays were good. I sent you a private message about it.

Just tell me: should we take care of 03USMC Sir? :lol: :lol:
Something should be done... or these Marines are gonna take control of the Forum ;-)... I'm just preparing a special mission :cool:

A big Ciao from Italy to Everybody

Alex

Oh yea we gotta take care of 03. He's one of the good guys :) And he must be really really brave cause he wants to drink my coffee in handleless cup :) My own wife won;t even touch my coffee. LOL

What's a good program I can take before becoming a U.S Marine. I will be becoming a U.S Marine in a couple of years and I want some programs to get me ready. I found some cool ones like MDI8 which gets me physically ready but cost a lot of money and probly can't do that because of location. I also know about Young Marines. I would like to look more in to that. And if theirs any other stuff out there to prepare me for the Marine Corps that would be perfect! Thanks!

0. Talk to a recruiter about the OFFICER's side of the house
1. keep[ your head on straight in high school and finish with a high GPA.
2. Go to college with the intent of graduating and not partying and forgetting you have a plan past getting drunk and skipping class.

if you haven't talked to a recruiter yet get off your keister and get in to an office. make it clear that your intentions are a commission. Don't go the enlisted to officer route unless you have to.

Back