Infantry Combat in Power Armor

Klibanophoros

Title says all. (Sorry if this is in the wrong spot)

What will infantry VS infantry combat look like when power armor is finally viable? What weapons will the infantry use?

Well, I guess it would look like soldiers killing people from a further distance with less bullets shot and much lower casualties. I would guess that the helmet would provide some sort of HUD element which is integrated into a F2000 like weapon to show various types of important information regarding the weapon. I would imagine that it would show other information too, such as the distance of a target.

I think it will be a long time until a effective Power Armor is issued though, I think at the moment its a bit too advanced for our time.

But hell, what do I know, I'm a civilian...

Well, troops would have much improved (night)vision, speed and be able to carry much heavier weapons hopefully, like Chainguns.

Presumably new guns would come about to destroy the armour and penetrate it ect. But what exactly is this type of armour? Would someone mind to give me a low-down on it?

i think we're moving away from infantry v infantry personally, and more toward unmanned combat. maybe some 11b's can chime in

Back