India's Kashmir Conflict - Page 2

--

September 21st, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Id like a better definition of "stronger" because I have yet to hear of any strong aid towards Pakistan, other than cooperation in hunting terrorism.

But I have to agree with you, Pakistan was a better candidate to attack than Iraq. Only one problem, Pakistan sided with us. It was a smooth decision on their government's part. Now we must slog slowly and push their government to clean their own mess, which, more than likely will back fire on them and something of a uprising may occur. Like you said, imagine if Islamic radical groups got ahold of those nuclear weapons.

Perhaps it is naive of us to believe Pakistan can convert itself, but because of their alliance, we are now forced to support them. While we make claims that Pakistan is now a strong alley, it might be wishful thinking. We will have to wait and see.
September 21st, 2004  
FlyingFrog

I think Kashmir should be divided in two, one for India one for Pakistan, then problem solved.

You need to GIVE in order to GET.
September 22nd, 2004  
Xion

Its already divided into two , but still the paki+satan+is support terrorism
and radical islamic gruoups in their part of the occupied Kashmir who are trained by the PAKISTANI ARMY itself !!.Their ISI [ Inter services intelligence ] was resposible for many bombings in India, now can you imagine a country's secret service to carry out bombings in another ?.. We just call it Inter Services Intelligence , but in fact its a terrorist organisation just like AL QAEDA.Man i just wish if we cud nuke em , waiting on USA to show a green signal ....like how USA 's supporting israel...it makes much easier for israel to carry out bombings in palestine and kill terrorists...we can do the same....we can kill these illiterate unskilled COWARD terrorists in a matter of days.Russia supports us but Russia has no more control over world politics anymore
--
September 22nd, 2004  
03USMC

Numero Uno: The U.S. is not gonna green light a nuclear strike on Pakistan.

I understand your anger towards the terrorists and the State by which they are supported. Your coralation to Israel is flawed however. They will launch an attack or airstrike of their own and explain later if that is what they feel they need to do. Remember the 80's when they took out the nuclear reacator? Caused some bad blood for awhile. And for the most part the Israelies launch on terrorist organizations or retaliate against them.
You on the other hand are talking about launching WMD's on a Soverigan Nation and Terrorists. Both Countries (India and Pakistan) are considered at the present time to be Allies of the U.S. I don't see any military support coming for etheir in this conflict.
September 22nd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The tension between the Hindus and Muslims in the area is impossible to understate. The honest truth is, Kashmir SHOULD BE an independent country and be left alone by both India and Pakistan, but neither will tolerate such an outcome. Pakistan's excuse appears to be that Kashmir is more Muslim than Hindu. Of course the whole "Muslims go to Pakistan and Bangladesh and Hindus to India" business didn't exactly work of course, so this reasoning doesn't hold up IMO. There's more Muslims scattered across India that there are PEOPLE in Pakistan. The position of India has already been stated by xion of course.

The mutual animosity between the two sides is more than great enough without Kashmir to fight over. Throwing in Kashmir makes the India/Pakistan border one of the scariest places in the world.

I doubt that India would be the first to use nuclear weapons of course. They know fully well that they could easily crush Pakistan in a conventional war. Pakistan knows that India isn't willing to risk a mutual nuclear launch by starting anything of the sort, and they do have a reasonably strong military.

03USMC is right, the United States would not be willing to take sides in any conflict between the two.

One thing I was quite interested in (though it might be off-topic) is this:
The proposed "Center of India Tower'
http://architecture.about.com/library/bltall.htm
http://www.geocities.com/PicketFence..._of_india.html
Is this thing REALLY going to be build? Quite impressive if it can be afforded by ... anyone.
September 23rd, 2004  
Xion

I know its a very complicated issue for USA to side with any one country, especially because of their recent war against Al Qaeda and Pakistan ( Pervez Musharraff , don't think the rest of pakistan supports his views) willing to help them out.
But now see it this why isn't Pakistan helping out India the same way it is helping USA to control infiltration on their western border with Afghanistan.
The reason is that they see India as an enemy and doesn't pay any attention to their border with India ( eastern front with Kashmir ), they are trying to bluff the world by showing how concerned they really are about Kashmir and the problem facing them , infact they aren't doing anything to control terrorism in their part of the occupied kashmir.They try to tell the world that the ppl in kashmir want independence....which is so untrue, a majority of them just want peace cos this never was a freedom struggle by them....it was a fake impression given to the world by Pakistan.
India also conducted elections in Kashmir recently....in which Indian leaders belonging to the Indian government were elected in a majority.Freedom struggle = b******t.
Majority of the terrorists who are killed by Indian soldiers in kashmir everyday are pakistanis , islamic jehadists from pakistan and not kashmiris...it means its not the ppl of kashmir fighting but pakis who just don't want a peaceful looking India.
USA bombed Afghanistan and Iraq when the terrorists atacked WTC killing about 3000 ppl.....now imagine 80,000 ppl being killed so far Kashmir.
I don't think this issue can ever get solved by peaceful means , how can it be when the other person doesn't want peace itself.
September 23rd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

It's been discussed a great deal, but it still amazes me how prone Islam is to murder and terrorism. Pakistan isn't about to do any favors for India as you can imagine xion. The world is pretty screwed up sometimes and Kashmir is a giant example. The problem is, I don't know if war is a reasonable solution since Pakistan will launch its warheads the moment they feel threatened.

The interesting thing to me is ... well, do you remember the Iron Curtain with all its walls, barbed wire fences and such? It seems sad, but is the only solution for containing these murderers from going about their work is to put up similar sorts of walls and barriers; just that such barriers would not be to keep people in. They would be to keep murderous madmen from slipping across the border, etc? Are we forced to institute a police state in order to ensure our own national safety? Its all quite sad IMO.

xion, could you provide some links about the Kashmir vote you mentioned? I hadn't ever heard of it. So the popular vote of Kashmir was to put its destiny in the hands of India then? Was the portion of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan included? I could understand if Pakistan didn't allow it of course.

Quote:
in which Indian leaders belonging to the Indian government were elected in a majority.Freedom struggle = bullsh*t.
What was that about?? I don't think anyone here ever called the murders in Kashmir "Freedom Fighters".
September 24th, 2004  
Xion

Yeah USA never said it was a freedom struggle , but the Pakis do of course they would love to see a weakened India wouldn't they...
Sorry i don't have any links to the election thing..but yeah when india went to elections a few months earlier the separatist leaders weren't elected in Kashmir and one more thing if Pakistan is so eager to liberate Kashmiris why don't they first just give up their part of the occupied Kashmir
September 24th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well, terrorists are pretty universally called "Freedom Fighters" by Muslims, and its completely disgusting. As long as a Muslim murders a non-Muslim, it's "for the greater good of all mankind". If a Muslim murders another Muslim, its often no big deal at all. Genocide involving Muslims massacring Muslims? Not even newsworthy. If a non-Muslim puts a single toe out of line anywhere near a Muslim, its an unforgivable attrocity.

If I have any understanding of their relgion at all (and I most certainly do), we ought to be able to expect more from Islam as a whole.
September 24th, 2004  
venom928

Topic: This is mostly all in response to Xion's many posts.

I am having trouble coming to terms with how incredibly biased Xion is. He reminds of of those people that claim that it was only the Muslims who slaughtered innocent hindus during the partition the Killing of innocent people took place on both sides. Its a Little Hard to belive this has all been one sided and poor little india has just been defending itself. India is just as much to blame for this whole conflict in general as Pakistan. They both need to stop playing the blame game because now that both are Nuclear powers the stakes are simply to high for them to continue bickering. Also that little comment that you would Nuke them if you could just proves my point that there are Idiots on both sides prolonging this conflict.