Sexybeast

now about 2000 88C or Type 96

and 200 Type 98

and the rest is like type 85, 80,79,69,59
February 20th, 2005  
lemontree

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
dont be offended, im just stating a hypothesis 8)
I am not offended. But it would help if I knew who I was speaking to, are you a student or a former/serving military person.
Your above state ment would have been true and correct had the terrain been favourable. However, the terrain on the Sino- India is a LOGISTICAL NIGHTMARE.
PLA cannot use armour in any sector to decide the outcome of a battle.
Please understand that in 1962 after the war, PLA withdrew back in the eastern sector for the following reason:-
- Achived objective of humiliation of the Indian army, thereby Nehru.
- Lines of communication were extended, and winter was setting in and snow would block the passes.
- India army was mobilising and would have cut up the PLA troops that had stayed back. Hence, is was a wise tactical and strategical decision by PLA higher command.
February 20th, 2005  
lemontree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
en....lemondtree should read more about PLA before commenting anything,
I am still studying PLA and don't know every thing about it, however you know zit about Indian armed forces and are repeatedly giving out rhetorical answers instead of valid points.
Quote:
and details check Globalsecurity.org and do a comparison between PLA and india army and read details about india's arm defence industry..
Belive me I have better sources than global security.
Quote:
a nuke war break out, china will make sure no one can live in india for 1000 years.
Ditto for China. Tibet is never our target, but east coast China.
--
Boots
February 20th, 2005  
Sexybeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree
Quote:
I am still studying PLA and don't know every thing about it, however you know zit about Indian armed forces and are repeatedly giving out rhetorical answers instead of valid points.
Quote:
and details check Globalsecurity.org and do a comparison between PLA and india army and read details about india's arm defence industry..
Quote:
a nuke war break out, china will make sure no one can live in india for 1000 years.
tell me which of my argument on India does not make sense

globalsecurity lists lot of facts that u cannot deny, such as gun barrel burst, or ajun is a failure right?

and india can attack china's east coast?
with what? missiles? god bless india, not only india has to endure pakistan nukes, but also china's

landing in china? chinese ppl will make sure u got drawn by our pee if u dare to land in eastern coast of china,

than wut u got? attacking tibet??
come if u dare, we take tibet 50 years ago for granted, u can come if u want, we r waiting for u from the high mountains in tibet,

come at anytime
February 20th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
tell me which of my argument on India does not make sense

globalsecurity lists lot of facts that u cannot deny, such as gun barrel burst, or ajun is a failure right?

and india can attack china's east coast?
with what? missiles? god bless india, not only india has to endure pakistan nukes, but also china's

landing in china? chinese ppl will make sure u got drawn by our pee if u dare to land in eastern coast of china,

than what u got? attacking tibet??
come if u dare, we take tibet 50 years ago for granted, u can come if u want, we r waiting for u from the high mountains in tibet,

come at anytime

mmm by that reasoning the m1 abrams was a faliure
February 20th, 2005  
Peter Pan

It is quite exasperating to find threads either raising issues like "mine is bigger than yours" type of arguments or totally irrelevant issues that deviate from serious discussions.

Many posts are brilliant but some of the juvenile ones sort of wears off the sheen of the discussion that otherwise the thread aims at. Ofcourse, it could be because of a lack of prowess over the language to fathom what has been written and yet at the same time the ego egging one on to want to show one's presence. What could be better vehicle to do so than through irrelevance and smoke?

A has better rifles than B. But do explain why.

A has 1000 tanks more than B. But have a look at the geography. If the tanks can't go through the narrow passes and if there is no roads to take them, if the bridges are not of the classification, then those tanks are of no use. Might as well send them to the museum.

Highways are super and railway is fabulous. But the highways are prone to landslides and avalanches during monsoons and snow, apart from problems caused by permafrost. The railway is still chugging along. True, it was not there and it is now there now and is a cause for elation, but military elation requires analysis and beyond the glee of a toddler getting a Christmas present.

Arty has something called crest clearance and it requires deployment space in the mountains. That is why there was a thing called 'mountain guns'. Therefore having massive guns that won't be able to turn on a sharp bend in the mountains is as good as having gold under the ground that requires digging all the way to Australia!

A's training is better than B. Must explain why so.

Infrastructure is better, Explain.

Strategy is super. What is this super strategy. Explain.

Now all these are bland statements. And actually makes no sense except that it is but only a reflection of the depth of knowledge of the one making such statements.

I am sure that we can expect some good discussions and not degenerate to the 'mine is longer than your' type.
February 20th, 2005  
Xion

Don't take sexybeasts post too seriously, according to his reasoning every military equipment that was ever made by any country would be a failure. ( Except China's of course )
February 20th, 2005  
Peter Pan

The Indian Far Eastern Naval Command will (FENC), when formed, will provide an edge to counter Chinese in the 30-million-square-mile Indian Ocean. This concept is a follow up pf the combat supremacy doctrine that came about after the Kargil War and emerged after a meeting of the then PM Narshima Rao during his visit to Washington.

Clinton’s visit to Bangladesh and the aid package of Rs 50 crores was basically to get facilities for US Navy at Chittagong in Bangladesh. Given the warming of up the India US equation it is ideal since it will oversee the Chinese naval facilities in Myanmar’s Coco Island which has a powerful Russian-made radar and electronic surveillance system and has subsidiary electronic listening posts in Man-aung, Hainggyi and Zadetkyi Island. There is also a Chinese-built radar station on Saganthit island near Mergui in south-eastern Myanmar.

The FENC is ideal for any Navy since the Andaman and Nicobar Islands are favourable for “maximum military flexibility” because the reefs are ideal submarine pens. The US waned to make a base located there. This would also permit the US a base in the east, given that it does not have the Subic Bay, may have to leave Okinawa. However, the Communist supporting the Coalition govt of India objected vehemently and it went into the cold storage.

Chinese threat

Coco is useful for underwater operations with submarines, sensors, sonars, and electronic surveillance equipment. Howevr, Coco cannot provide a strong base for multipurpose use, though it could damage FENC considerably. It is so near Andaman & Nicobar Islands.

In August 1993, Indian coastguards caught three Burmese trawlers with a crew of 55 Chinese "fishing" close to the Andamans. The boats carried no fishing equipment. Only radio devices and sonars were on board. The Chinese embassy in New Delhi intervened to free the crew. The Union defence ministry buried the incident. The Narasimha Rao regime was then trying to build close relations with China.

The Coco Island also monitors India Missile tests on India’s eastern seaboard.

It is believed that the Coco Island’s location poses a challenge to all ships coming to eastern Indian ports. Even a sea denial can be enforced on India in an emergency may become possible.

Now, China is looking for a second, long-range maritime surveillance radar. The attempt to get an Israeli Falcon Radar was negated by the US. Russia is chary about giving radar as it might affect the India Russian relations.

The question arises as to what these very powerful, electronics on Coco suggest? It certainly belies the notion of ‘peaceful coexistence’ that China espouses repeatedly. That it is to be a very advanced listening post of that there is no doubt. Obviously, it is not for the defence of China since it is in Myanmar. Suspicions are aroused since China is upgrading Myanmar’s Yangon (Rangoon) port. If the Chinese naval presence follows, then it would have serious strategic fallout for both India and the USA.

Therefore, the FENC though in cold storage at the moment, is an important cog in the defence of India as also in the US’s strategic reach and neutralising of China in the Pacific Rim since the US will be in an ideal position to control the oil flow from the Middle East to China through the Malacca Straits, having base within stone’s throw.
February 20th, 2005  
MadeInChina

well, an obvious thing first the chinese would do before attacking india for defensive purposes or counterattack would be to cripple india's economy, i didnt list it there becausei thought u all would know it

A is better than B units, well, pretty obvious by the alphabetical descending order, but in terms of reality A units rexieve full time training, the best of equipments and good access to resources. B units is like reserves

inferstutre is better: china currently has the second most miles of highway system in the world, surpassing canada and certaintly india because it is not on the list, as the germans learnt, highways are more important than rail abecause rails can be diaabled for a long time without being fixed, while highways can be fixed realtivly fast with asphalt patchings
February 21st, 2005  
lemontree

Quote:

than what u got? attacking tibet??

come at anytime
Well, enjoy your wet dreams.
Thanks for letting me know you are a kid. I prefer to debate with mature grown ups.[/quote]