India's Army... Part II - Page 7

--
Boots

February 19th, 2005  
Sexybeast

en....lemondtree should read more about PLA before commenting anything,

and details check Globalsecurity.org and do a comparison between PLA and india army and read details about india's arm defence industry..

than u come and debate, that will make ur posts more mature and logical

by the way, possiblely more than 50 Df-21 missiles are pointing at India 24 hours a day and this number is increasing, so if there is really a nuke war break out, china will make sure no one can live in india for 1000 years.
February 19th, 2005  
MadeInChina

ya, but the basic facts still stand:

china's military has more quality and quantity than india's
February 19th, 2005  
Peter Pan

China Defence Forum gives a very balanced view of China in all respects.

Lemontree,

Let extraneous issues not detract the main aim of the thread. I think addressing the the issues of Post No 1 will do the forum's aim most sufficiently.

In fact, with all this digression I have forgotten what it is!
--
Boots
February 19th, 2005  
MadeInChina

i agree, but basic facts still stand
February 20th, 2005  
rajkhalsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
ya, but the basic facts still stand:

china's military has more quality and quantity than india's
No one is disputing overal quantity. But there is a thing as committable assets; i.e. the true number of units a country can commit to war. I second the notion that you post and explain an Orbat comparing deployable forces to such a war.

Furthermore, please expand on the idea that the PRC has a more qualitatively superior army. Even a cursory glance at the orbats of the two countries shows this not to be the case, and I really do not see how some of you can keep bringing this up.

-Raj
February 20th, 2005  
rajkhalsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
and details check Globalsecurity.org and do a comparison between PLA and india army and read details about india's arm defence industry
Globalsecurity is years out of date at best, and the numbers, weapon types, etc. are amazingly incorrect in most parts of its orbat of the Indian forces.
February 20th, 2005  
Redleg

I don't know if you've seen it already, but I would like all of you to pay very special attention to this new forum specific rule before you continue :
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...?p=97524#97524

I'm getting pretty tired of ruined threads now, and flaming/name calling/country bashing etc. in the military discussions forum will lead to an immediate temp ban, without any warning!

Please PM me if you have any questions about that.

Now please let's continue on topic, with hopefully some more mature discussions from now on.

Thanks.
February 20th, 2005  
MadeInChina

well, down to the barrel the chinese army is equipped with a better assultl rifle than the indian troops, rapidly chinese army is getting rid of the ak, and this will probably only be used by B units and paramilitary by now.

chinese tanks outnumber indian tanks, with most of the vehicles being the type 80, new vehicles are currently added to teh inventory at a fast speed by norinco, type 90 is an advanced tank with nba, laser gujided system and more. plus chinese army has a huge variety of antitank units, such as the 120mm selfpropelled guns and redarrows

in terms of aircrats, china has more su 27/31s and a large number of j-8II, ( not obsolete, but just less capable)

in terms of artilery, i dont think i want to dicuss it, china owns in artillery,. with new 155mm artillery being added and the number of selfpropelled guns increased in the artillery regiments

over all training is better, whereas A troops goes under professional full time training with alot of the budget goign there. overall quality of soldiers is better, because many more people apply for the army since the numbers had been cut for infantry

the inferstuture is better, with better highway systems and equal railroads capabilities that are giving the army an edge in supplies and demand

best of all, strategy, because historically the chinese armies are used to using stratgies at all costs.
February 20th, 2005  
Sexybeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkhalsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
and details check Globalsecurity.org and do a comparison between PLA and india army and read details about india's arm defence industry
Globalsecurity is years out of date at best, and the numbers, weapon types, etc. are amazingly incorrect in most parts of its orbat of the Indian forces.
i truly agree on that one, i just found out they missed 4 new destroyers china just got, and also new subs, new tanks,

never mind, change a source
February 20th, 2005  
Knightraptor

Quote:
chinese tanks outnumber indian tanks, with most of the vehicles being the type 80

I thought most of their tanks were still the Type 59?

http://www.sinodefence.com/army/tank/default.asp