stone-age 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

December 22nd, 2004  
SwordFish_13

HI,

3 Billian ?

India's Export to USA alone is $11.82 billion.
Source

And forex reserves is $130 billion Plus

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_f...ntent_id=76686

With GDP around 459,765.00 which is the 12 Biggest Economic Entity in the World

Rank Country / Corporation GDP / sales ($mil)
1 United States 8,708,870.00
2 Japan 4,395,083.00
3 Germany 2,081,202.00
4 France 1,410,262.00
5 United Kingdom 1,373,612.00
6 Italy 1,149,958.00
7 China 1,149,814.00
8 Brazil 760,345.00
9 Canada 612,049.00
10 Spain 562,245.00
11 Mexico 474,951.00
12 India 459,765.00

http://www.corporations.org/system/top100.html

India's Annual Defence Spending is around $12,079.7 million Plus ..........if the economy is 3 billian there would be nothig left to eat

Where did you get that 3 billian Figure?

Peace
-=SF_13=-

December 23rd, 2004  
Darcia

I ment 3 trillion, I wad doing some math work with billions at the time, sorry
December 23rd, 2004  
rocco

id say so-so, they got lots of personnel, lots of equipment, but the quality of the equipment isnt the best, however it is better than india's rival, which is pakistan. also india is improving its weapons slowly.
--
Boots
December 23rd, 2004  
CABAL

Not too bad, not too good in terms of the weapons they use. Although the bulk of India's Armed Forces Personel are professionaly trained at certain standards.
December 24th, 2004  
Darcia

India needs to focus on building up though. For a nation with that population and that economy thier army is kinda small.
December 24th, 2004  
Xion

Second populous nation, second largest army , d00d what do you mean by small...
India has the second largest army in the world after China which is 12,00,000 or 1.2 million strong.
USA comes third.

Already defeated a not so weak nation militarily, Pakistan, 4 times in war....thats quite a good record for Indian Army.
December 24th, 2004  
Big_Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion
Second populous nation, second largest army , d00d what do you mean by small...
India has the second largest army in the world after China which is 12,00,000 or 1.2 million strong.
USA comes third.

Already defeated a not so weak nation militarily, Pakistan, 4 times in war....thats quite a good record for Indian Army.
Compared to other countries Pakistan is extremely weak. Last time I checked America's military was around 1.3 million strong.
December 24th, 2004  
Damien435

I am sorry, but I can not help but say this, India and China both put way to much emphasis on numbers, let me site Iraq as an example.

In 1990 Iraq had the world's fourth largest and battle hardened Army, it was ever well equipped, arguable the most powerful nation in the region (including Pakistan and India). But after a 40 day bombing campaign the US led coalition invaded Iraq and the United States suffered only 148 casualties during the entire war, technology counts for a lot and with the way wars are fought today Air Power counts for more than it did in the past. No longer do we need to destroy thousands of homes to try and take our one building but rather we can use one bomb and have a 90% chance of getting the target.

India's Army is plenty large for it's limited uses of the present, Pakistan doesn't appear to be preparing for war and China is pre-occupied in other areas, their economy is on the rise but one glaring problem in the eye's of the western world is the high levels of infanticide and poor treatment of women in rural areas, but at least abortions in India are not dune during birth, unlike their neighbor to the east. (China)

BTW? Do all these numbers people throw out there include Reserves? National Guard? etc.? Because I am pretty sure that they US, including all reserves, has almost four million people who could be considered part of the military, and China and India have many more than that. Are you guys just including combat troops or support also? I can not see countries the size of India and China only having 1.2-1.4 million man army's, North Korea has a one million man army but they pay a very, very heavy price for it.
December 24th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Still let's not underestimate the Indians.
Some of the smartest and brightest people I've met have been Indian. Just give them some time... they will be a force to be reckoned with. Right now they're pushing numbers because that's what's going for them. Soon as they can afford it, quality will start to work its way through the ranks.
December 24th, 2004  
Xion

Damien435 its true that technology accounts for a major part of any country's strength and the Gulf War was an example of this.But you cannot compare that time's Iraq's 1 million strong army to India's or China's.Certainly India and China have more resources and advanced technology than Iraq's.Technology counts, but remember India and China are not that far behind the USA in technology either like Iraq.

And these numbers don't take into account the paramilitary troops I think.

Big_Z, USA has 1.37 million strong "military" not army.I was talking about the army.