stone-age 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

December 19th, 2004  
liukainorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Simple question. Definetily yes. Especially India's experience in the Border Dispute in the Kashmir Area with Pakistan. Both sides very well equipped and are well trained.
I think Chinese armed forces should be sent to Kashmir area for peacekeeping. Are both sides very well equipped and are well trained?
December 19th, 2004  
CABAL

Quote:
Look at their people---they are starving to death just because their president wants to build nuke weapons. I have to say Indian economic development is equivalent to that of North Korea---does not apply for their software industry. Any country pursuing nuke weapons without taking care of its citizen's basic needs should be treated like NK.
As for inferences, India is a developing country with a expanding Middle Class. Hence, India definetily not equivalent to North Korea. However, there is a growing Wealth gap between the rich and the poor and the government is showing moderate efforts to resolve the situation (and still not enough).
December 19th, 2004  
Kane

From what I know, the Pakistani Armed Forces and the Indian forces where supplied by England, China, US, and primarily from the USSR. The weapons they have purchased where advanced during that age period.
--
Boots
December 19th, 2004  
liukainorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
From what I know, the Pakistani Armed Forces and the Indian forces where supplied by England, China, US, and primarily from the USSR. The weapons they have purchased where advanced during that age period.
So far as I know, USSR and China only sell second-hand weapons to them, the quality limits these weapons' performance in the battle. As for India, I doubt if they could upgrade their Su-30 independently. Because if there is a war break out, USSR is not gonna fix them.
December 19th, 2004  
Darcia

India does have Nuclear weapons however they were designed to hit Pakistan so they wouldn't be able to do much damage elsewhere.

However India has been doing some new military advancements along with Russia lately.
December 19th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

i ve heard a tale that India has to send a lot broken military equipments back to Russia to fix them..that costs aweful a lot..

but we have to see the positive side, The development of Ajun tank, (some say it a failture) i say it an important step for its national defence research department
December 19th, 2004  
SwordFish_13

Hi

First liukainorth ,

I don't know how well educated your comments are ............makes me feel you need to take out that world map

Quote:
Does the Indians have an army?
Yes, it's arguably the Second Largest in the World.

Quote:
Or should they have an army?
Yes, With pakistan and China on Both sides (directions West and East ) and both not being very Friendly,,........ it's a compulsion to have a huge army ..............it's also used in the past as a way to reduce unemployment .

I don't see any Country that don't have a Army what are you trying to say by that ..

Quote:
Are both sides very well equipped and are well trained?
hmm there is a big disparity between both but still

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1735912.stm

Quote:
Look at their people---they are starving to death just because their president wants to build nuke weapons
We have a Parliamentary Democracy .........So the Mr President don't have any authorization to decide that ..........it's the Parliament headed by Prime Minister and his Cabinet that takes decisions where did that Poor President came form ?....

And Nuclear Program has nothing to with people starving please explain how is it happening ?

Quote:
I have to say Indian economic development is equivalent to that of North Korea

I see so your Economic knowledge is worse that you Geographical knowledge

India is one of the fastest growing Economies and Arguably the fastest Growing In Asia

Quote:
India's gross domestic product growth rate in the third quarter of 2003-04 is estimated at 10.4 per cent, higher than that of all other emerging economies.

While China's GDP grew 9.9 per cent during the corresponding period, Argentina's grew 9.8 per cent. The Indian economy grew just 2.2 per cent during the corresponding period of the previous fiscal.
http://www.rediff.com/money/2004/apr/01gdp.htm

Lets look at GDP

Rank Country / Corporation GDP / sales ($mil)
1 United States 8,708,870.00
2 Japan 4,395,083.00
3 Germany 2,081,202.00
4 France 1,410,262.00
5 United Kingdom 1,373,612.00
6 Italy 1,149,958.00
7 China 1,149,814.00
8 Brazil 760,345.00
9 Canada 612,049.00
10 Spain 562,245.00
11 Mexico 474,951.00
12 India 459,765.00

It isn't to bad is it .?

As said earlier The Indian Middle class is amount the fastest expanding ..........the Gap between the rich and the poor is a concern thought......and more steps could be taken to make that gap narrow.........you have to take into consideration that India is Still a developing country and is making progress.

Quote:
I think Chinese armed forces should be sent to Kashmir area for peacekeeping. Are both sides very well equipped and are well trained?
Holy Hell now trying your hand at being a Negotiator Huh ? ..........China is a Party to that dispute ............China are you kidding me if you have to choose a third party that would definitely not be China .............China Controls some part of Kashmir that India Disputes as theirs...............so how can a party to a dispute become a negotiator.

Quote:
Because if there is a war break out, USSR is not gonna fix them.
It's getting worse and Worse............The USSR is gone .........the Soviet union Broke a long time ago.

Quote:
So far as I know, USSR and China only sell second-hand weapons to them, the quality limits these weapons' performance in the battle. As for India, I doubt if they could upgrade their Su-30 independently.
Second hand waps ........yup Bromos the superSonic Cruse missile is Second hand Weapon that Russia sold india ? .......... (BrahMos has been derived from the names of Two rivers, Brahmaputra (which is in India) and Moskva (from which Moscow derives its name in Russia), and illustrates the joint Indian-Russian development of the missile.)

indian Russia Jointly produce quite a few weapons

Well if you don't know India Produces those SU~ in India they are made by Indian Aeronauticals Limited under the deep licensing .

And it's not just the Russia that upgrades.......India has got it's Mig-21 upgraded by Israel ..............Plans are to use these upgraded Mig's until the indegenously Built LCA will be Fully operational.

You need to get your facts Straight first .

Peace
-=SF_13=-
December 19th, 2004  
Darcia

India still needs to become sull sufficiant on suppliyng thier own weapon needs however.
December 19th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13

India is one of the fastest growing Economies and Arguably the fastest Growing In Asia
[/color][/quote]

india the fastest..i think china is....

india is probably just 8% something...china is over 9% this year
December 19th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

does india has ICBMs?

or nuke subs...

or can it self produce "stae of art" navies.. aircrafts..tanks?? missles?