so-so 20 46.51%
still backward 6 13.95%
stone-age 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

January 10th, 2005  
Chinaman

i dont think its that great, its commanders hadnt had alot of experience and they dont have a very militaaric history.

however, its a big army with some russian goodies

id say its capable ot defeating armies of japanese and below
January 16th, 2005  
k19

Hard to say, as long as the India- Pakistan conflict can't be solved by either side, it's really hard to give an accurate definition of how good or bad the Indian army is. But with less people, resource, and even political ties with the west, (pre 9.11 stages) Pakistan can still maintain the long lasting face off with India, it's quite impressive.
January 16th, 2005  
Chinaman

the land between india and pakaistan is the punjab desert, a perfect place for tank on tank battles and blitzkrieg style offensives, its simply a tank commander's dream

the sand also makes it easy to create minefields, and my guess is tat rite now both sides put in millions of mines already

i believe the indian army could beat the pakis regular army with ease if they have strategy ( as with most chinese we believe in strategy over weapons) and a very good morale as well as dispalin( so they wont go messing around in paki villages.

india will probably suffer alot of casulties, because pakistan is a very nationlstic country, with also a good force of gurellas and almost every body has a homemade weapon or illegal copy.
--
Boots
January 16th, 2005  
kotakk

You have to consider the fact that India has emerged has a buying power
after they opened their economy in 1992.Though most of their R&D efforts in the aerospace and Weaponry development sectors have not been that successful,they are constructive efforts.As far as Pakistan is concerned they lack stragetic depth .The technological gap has grown ,
though USA's continued efforts to balance things out,I am sure China and India shall dominate this region.
The army is like the 3rd or the 4rth largest standing army in the world with immense wartime and guerella warfare experience.Agreed though they may be a wee bit outdated ,this problem will be solved soon.
The army is looking to morderize .The missile defence systems are very good.Though have been partially suspended due to global pressure.India obtained the power to create guided ICBMs when they launched the geo synchronous sattelite , but they have not proceeded with its development.
The military tension between India and China to has sorta eased and the trade between them has like tripled .So as long as no wars take place
India and China RULE.(no pun intended)
January 16th, 2005  
Chinaman

yes, china would like to ally with india, especially to crush america's monopoly in order to gain global balance of power

looking at a page of indian infan waepons, i suggest upgrading its current assult rifle
January 16th, 2005  
Sexybeast

can anyone give me some REAL and ACCURATE information of how much China occupying india's land and how much India occupies China's land??
January 16th, 2005  
k19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
can anyone give me some REAL and ACCURATE information of how much China occupying india's land and how much India occupies China's land??
Well, it depends what side you are on, after the war, India claimed that China was occupying about 33,000 square kilometers of its territory in the Aksai Chin region of Ladakh. China claimed that India was occupying 90,000 square kilometers; Beijing claims the entire state of Arunachal Pradesh as its territory.

There was a definition problem on what side of the map you are looking on. In 1913, a McMahon Line was draw by an English official when the India was under occupied, previous Chinese government and the government now never recognized its existence.

Here is a well written documentary about the whole event, both politically and militarily. Itís written by a foreigner, nothing pro-China or pro-India. Both sideís situations were explained by tons of historical documents and a very detailed description on the actual war events as well. Of course, itís very long article, but itís worth to read, if you really interested on this topic.

http://www.centurychina.com/plaboard...ds/1962war.htm
January 17th, 2005  
Chinaman

well, since china won the 62' war and had peacefully retreated without taking any land since the clash started, i think we cal settle this probelm that this is the demilitarized zone and no more invasions or clashes

this is definelty for political reasons, i mean, who would want that land where population is scarce and resources are low.

i think china won that political war, first of all, the winning of the clash , second the reteat made it as if china was really nice and was just to teach india a lesson, thereby it was not agressive and india had the lows of that.

i think we should close this issue, it totally depends on whether which side ur on the truly declear what land it is
January 17th, 2005  
rajkhalsa

Are you bloody kidding? Neville Maxwell is a neutral author on the subject? I don't think even he claims that anymore.

For a perspective from the Indian side, check out
http://sinoindianwar.50megs.com

I'm out of country right now and posting on the run. Will give a list of resources on the subject in a couple days, if requested.
January 17th, 2005  
Archit

I think the result of this poll is not so welcome in Indians