Indians

tetvet

Banned
Indians or Native Americans were recently polled on their utter disgust of the NFL team name Red Skins , 71 % were unaware of a team named the Red Skins or even aware that there was an NFL , the remaining 29% had mixed feelings:bored: about it ranging from huh to hmmmm .

The study used information from over 400 people. Out of over 5 Million who see themselves as Indigenous, That isn't very many to base a study on.

Indians or Native Americans were recently polled on their utter disgust of the NFL team name Red Skins , 71 % were unaware of a team named the Red Skins or even aware that there was an NFL , the remaining 29% had mixed feelings:bored: about it ranging from huh to hmmmm .

Please don't believe all the news (fox?)that you hear. That's entertainment. It's just like calling a black man that degrading"n"word..or like being called a wop (sorry) for being Italian. ..Or, like I was, slapped around and called derogatory names for being brought up in a Jewish home.

Dadsgirl

It's a bit much to believe that 70% of anybody in the US hasn't heard of the Washington Redskins with the Superbowls they've racked up. They've played in 5 and won 3. I goggled it and the Redskins do have 6 Native Americans petitioning for a name change.

Last edited:
The word ****** did not originate in the South I lived in Louisiana for years and they were always referred to as colored , Afro- American was something Jesse Jackson dreamed up in the '70s , ****** is a derivate of Negro Spanish for black .

Blacks call Blacks niggas all the time so the people that are suppose to be offended by the word are not offended by it if you're one of the chosen . Something doesn't make much sense .

And that's their choice. Free speech and all. My guess would be ignorance to why they use that despicable word.

This is not a new issue. Surveys re this subject have been conducted in the past and all have resulted in the majority of "Native Americans" didn't see this as a problem.
I am one of these people and I assure you I don't care what the Washing Football Team calls itself.

Back