Indians

--
Boots

October 4th, 2014  
tetvet

Topic: Indians

Indians or Native Americans were recently polled on their utter disgust of the NFL team name Red Skins , 71 % were unaware of a team named the Red Skins or even aware that there was an NFL , the remaining 29% had mixed feelings about it ranging from huh to hmmmm .
October 4th, 2014  
Elembe

The study used information from over 400 people. Out of over 5 Million who see themselves as Indigenous, That isn't very many to base a study on.
October 4th, 2014  
dadsgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
Indians or Native Americans were recently polled on their utter disgust of the NFL team name Red Skins , 71 % were unaware of a team named the Red Skins or even aware that there was an NFL , the remaining 29% had mixed feelings about it ranging from huh to hmmmm .
Please don't believe all the news (fox?)that you hear. That's entertainment. It's just like calling a black man that degrading"n"word..or like being called a wop (sorry) for being Italian. ..Or, like I was, slapped around and called derogatory names for being brought up in a Jewish home.

Dadsgirl
--
Boots
October 4th, 2014  
tetvet

A Black Person is not a ****** , get out Webster's and read the definition .
October 4th, 2014  
crazytanker

Perhaps you should take your own advice and look up the definition yourself.
October 6th, 2014  
dadsgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
A Black Person is not a ****** , get out Webster's and read the definition .
I've never said the word in my life. Never even heard it until I moved down South. So don't tell me to look it up in the dictionary.
October 6th, 2014  
JOC

It's a bit much to believe that 70% of anybody in the US hasn't heard of the Washington Redskins with the Superbowls they've racked up. They've played in 5 and won 3. I goggled it and the Redskins do have 6 Native Americans petitioning for a name change.
October 6th, 2014  
tetvet

The word ****** did not originate in the South I lived in Louisiana for years and they were always referred to as colored , Afro- American was something Jesse Jackson dreamed up in the '70s , ****** is a derivate of Negro Spanish for black .
October 7th, 2014  
crazytanker

But it IS an offensive term. Did you look it up?
October 7th, 2014  
tetvet

Blacks call Blacks niggas all the time so the people that are suppose to be offended by the word are not offended by it if you're one of the chosen . Something doesn't make much sense .