Indians are so treacherous -- Richard Nixon - Page 2




 
--
 
June 17th, 2005  
rajkhalsa
 
As for your the questioning the validity of the reporting, you are very welcome to check out the George Washington University's National Security Archive's section on The South Asian Crisis of 1971 and merrily read all the source documents the above articles quote, obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, at your own leisure.

I quote from the introduction given
Quote:
The documents published today show:

· The brutal details of the genocide conducted in East Pakistan in March and April of 1971

· One of the first "dissent cables" questioning U.S. policy and morality at a time when, as the Consulate General in Dhaka Archer Blood writes, "unfortunately, the overworked term genocide is applicable."

· The role that Nixon's friendship with Yahya Khan and the China iniative played in U.S. policymaking leading to the tilt towards Pakistan

· George Bush Senior's view of Henry Kissinger

· Illegal American military assistance approved by Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger to Pakistan following a formal aid cutoff by the United States

· Henry Kissinger's duplicity to the press and towards the Indians vis-ŕ-vis the Chinese
The telegram about the genocide referred to above can be viewed here (.pdf file)

With all due respect, please do not simply diminish or trivialize the scale of this horror, simply because you are ignorant of it.
June 18th, 2005  
Charge 7
 
 
I was not diputing the numbers. I have no way of either having them proven or disproven. I was disputing that the US is somehow responsible.
June 18th, 2005  
SwordFish_13
 
 
Hi,

Quote:
I was not diputing the numbers. I have no way of either having them proven or disproven. I was disputing that the US is somehow responsible.
Well you were Disputing the Numbers as well ........Nobody said USA was responsible ............ You Made that part yourself ........... it was just a Cold war peroid Document about the Apath of some people to take notice of the genocide and were too busy preventing the spread of the RED....... At that time only one thing clouded the mind of everybody how do we stop the Soviets ; above anything.

Like Nixon said........"I wouldn't put out a statement praising it, but we're not going to condemn it either. .....we should just stay out —like in Biafra, what the h**l can we do?".


USA has Armed the taliban and Pakistan Against them and didn't want to loose them just for some Stupid Genocide.............. Good , Bad , Ugly We just have to stop the Soviets.

It's all History now ........ I thought it was more funny now ; than anything in the first place ..... NoBody here cared what Nixon or Kissinger though of us ............ we won the War that's that ...... right on the face.

Peace
-=SF_13=-
--
June 18th, 2005  
Charge 7
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
Well you were Disputing the Numbers as well
So I don't know what I'm thinking but you do? The quotation marks indicate that I was quoting your number. Nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
Nobody said USA was responsible
And what am I to understand from this then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
Gezz but you forgot Massacare of 5 Million People and contiunous oppression of Pakistani People by their own Army ........ and reffering to a head of state as bastaerd oo well Rolling Eyes ....... and trying to Encourage China to attack India ......... maybe that's a new way to prevent war .
June 19th, 2005  
SwordFish_13
 
 
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge 7
And what am I to understand from this then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
Gezz but you forgot Massacare of 5 Million People and contiunous oppression of Pakistani People by their own Army ........ and reffering to a head of state as bastaerd oo well Rolling Eyes ....... and trying to Encourage China to attack India ......... maybe that's a new way to prevent war .
Try Putting that in the context of your Post ..... where you tried to present the Holier than thou picture......... those were different times ...... priorities were different ...... Yes USA tried to prevent the war but for a diferent cause ..... It's sad that the whole world didn't even took notice of the Genocide ...... no body cared to know which Corner of the World Erstwhile East- Pakistan was in......... But it was our backyard ... it was very dificult for us to ignore it ....... we Attacked because we though we have to do something to stop the indiscrinimate killings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge 7
Ah geez, we tried to prevent fighting. How terrible of us. That Dept of State article is a world away from your India Times article. As to whether or not I trust Indian media, well, I trust them to report news favorable for India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
Gezz but you forgot Massacare of 5 Million People and contiunous oppression of Pakistani People by their own Army ........ and reffering to a head of state as bastaerd oo well Rolling Eyes ....... and trying to Encourage China to attack India ......... maybe that's a new way to prevent war .
Peace
-=SF-13=-
June 19th, 2005  
str8 thug
 
5 million?! Worser then what Hitler did?! And yet 99.9% of the worlds population has no idea what the your talking about! lol But alas, we weren't there , lets not just rely on the times of INDIA as others have stated, obviously its going to be biased in one way or another because the issue between pakistan and india is very much personal. :P
Also , a few members were made to feel that the US was somehow responsible, that was only so because in your articles it was heavily emphasising Nixon coming out with stuff that sounded like he didn't care like the part about condemning it, or not. You (swordfish and raj) are not saying the US was in any way responsible , i acknowledge that...but your article was portraying Nixon as not caring and so the Bengali saviour,India stepped in because it cared. cool

Personally, i don't think india "cared" ...i think it was the scores of refugees that were flowing into india that triggered war in order to get them out. Hmm, i wonder how these scores of refugees were welcomed in india...so much to think about
June 19th, 2005  
Charge 7
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
Try Putting that in the context of your Post ..... where you tried to present the Holier than thou picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge 7
Oh yeah, "5 million people" killed is surely our fault - sure, right. 5 million? I think there would've some kind of world outcry long since if that were true. As to calling a head of state a "bastard" excuse me while I cry in my curried chicken.
Hmm, so that's "holier than thou" huh? I suggest you take a serious look at the several hundred or so Anti-US postings you've made before you make a comment like that.
June 19th, 2005  
SwordFish_13
 
 
Hi,


Quote:
5 million?! Worser then what Hitler did?! And yet 99.9% of the worlds population has no idea what the your talking about!
Add more than 10 Million refugees to that tally ......... people who had to leave everyhitng behind ....... becomes worser.

http://www.safhr.org/refugee_watch18_4.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8 thug
But alas, we weren't there , lets not just rely on the times of INDIA as others have stated, obviously its going to be biased in one way or another because the issue between pakistan and india is very much personal. :P
If you look closely Apart for the First Post ........Almost None of the Articles are form India times or the Bised Indian Media .......

Quote:
Also , a few members were made to feel that the US was somehow responsible, that was only so because in your articles it was heavily emphasising Nixon coming out with stuff that sounded like he didn't care like the part about condemning it, or not.
Check the US Department of State and Foreign Relations, 1969-1976, Volume XI, South Asia Crisis, 1971 ...... Released by the Office of the Historian ............ All the Quotes are form that.......... Indian Media Dosen't have Access to Clasified US Documents it was those Articles that Brought this matter forward ...


Quote:
You (swordfish and raj) are not saying the US was in any way responsible , i acknowledge that...but your article was portraying Nixon as not caring and so the Bengali saviour,India stepped in because it cared. cool

Personally, i don't think india "cared" ...i think it was the scores of refugees that were flowing into india that triggered war in order to get them out. Hmm, i wonder how these scores of refugees were welcomed in india...so much to think about
Yes Refugees were one of the main reasons ........... Something about 10 MIllion People crosssed over form Pakistan To India and the continuing flow of refugees into India kept on and on ......and crumbling Indian Economy now had Millions More People to feed .

Second East pakistan ment a Second Fornt In case of War with pakistan so it needed to be Removed ....... and this was one chance to do that ........ priorities priorities .......


Peace
-=SF_13=-
June 19th, 2005  
str8 thug
 
Yeh, the personal part was directed at the india article.
Anywho, yes why didn't you say that in the first place then, It wasn't because india thought it was the moral thing to do ...it acted in self interest, like you said...priorities!
Anyway, i wouldn't be surprised if india had a part to play in any killings but thats irrelavent! or is it?! :P

Also, hmm removing east pakistan to avoid having two fronts incase of war...yeh thats a way of looking at it and also...the way bangladesh unfortunatly gets flooded and devestated evry other year it would really drain pakistans resources as it would have resposibility and priority to rebuild and support it! With east pakistan off the table, pakistan has more money to spend on other things!
June 19th, 2005  
rajkhalsa
 
Jesus Christ...

I cannot believe you're speculating that India had a hand in helping the Pakistani army murder five million pro-Indian Bengali Muslims and Hindus.

There's the world of realpolitk, and then there's the fantasy world of the absurd.