Indianapolis F1 race

Pierrot

Hello,

Only six "cars" took part at this race. The "Michelin" teams have given up their participation 'cause the tyre-manufacturer couldn't assure their fiability.
I believe Michelin committed a technical fault, but i also believe that the FIA was stupid : they didn't accept any solutions proposed by the michelin teams and the manufacturer.
I am very disappointed of that.

Any opinions ?

I'm glad that Ferarri took the win.

ferrari_logo.jpg

I think it's rediculous that those other cars refused to run.

Think michelin and the FIA are to blame. The teams couldnt run if there was a danger to the drivers, marshals and crowd. Sticking a chicane in was unfair on the bridgestone runners and dangerous as nobody would of practiced for it. As for slowing down round the corner that could be dangerous if a jordan going at top speed didnt react in time to the braking as they wouldnt be braking too. Michelin were probably too quick to say the teams couldnt race period, they should of discussed it and seen if the teams were willing to race.

That race has screwed the championship up. It lifted schumcher up into 3rd position which he doesnt deserve as the car isnt good enough. As for the ferraris racing, when your 2 seconds slower per lap than race pace then its clear they were lying. Or the car is still rubbish.

I think it was only the fault of michelin. Why should they have changed the track? The michelin teams had no right to demand a chicane.

But I think it was really unfair for the fans

Jäger said:
I think it was only the fault of michelin. Why should they have changed the track? The michelin teams had no right to demand a chicane.

But I think it was really unfair for the fans

I completely agree, it's not as if the track lay-out was unexpected to the michelin engineers, and i wanted to see Raikonnen race.

just shows taht if they really want an F1 race in america they need to have a proper F1 track instead of modding the Indy one

Shadowalker said:
That race has screwed the championship up. It lifted schumcher up into 3rd position which he doesnt deserve as the car isnt good enough.

I agree on that, the whole race should have been cancelled instead of just six cars racing, ridiculous.

Should just of had a race, no points, any team that doesnt want to race doesnt have to, just for the fans, maybe lower speeds - restricting engines revs to a set let. so the tyres dont go, just for the fans.

Back