Indian engineer killed: Taliban

Kidnappings and beheadings have increased in just the last few months over there.

Hi,

bulldogg said:
Any idea why the Taliban chose this man?
Because Taliban Don't want a stable and Developed and Prosporous Country ....... and want all thsoe Engaged in the development of Afganistan Out of there So that hey can take the country back to Stone age :cen:

Source:BBC News

Hundreds of people have attended the funeral of an Indian engineer who was killed by the Taleban in Afghanistan.

Some broke down when the five-year-old son of the dead man, K Suryanarayana, lit the pyre with his grandfather's help in the southern city of Hyderabad.

Suryanarayana's widow did not attend the cremation as she was in hospital recovering from a suicide attempt.

Another woman who claims to have been his second wife protested after the family barred her from the cremation.

QUICK GUIDE

Afghanistan

The woman, Sapna, is also demanding compensation for herself and an eight-month-old girl who she claims is Suryanarayana's daughter.

The Bahrain-based company that employed Suryanarayana says it is seeking legal advice on the second woman's claim for compensation.

Beheaded

The telecommunications engineer was abducted by the Taleban in the troubled southern Afghan province of Zabul last Friday. His beheaded body was found two days later dumped by the side of a road.

The Taleban said they shot their hostage as he tried to escape. They had threatened to kill him unless India withdrew workers from Afghanistan.

India has said it will continue to provide assistance to Afghanistan.

PEace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
Italian Guy said:
Is it true that kidnappings and beheadins have been increasing in the past few months?

No, I just said it because I thought it was funny. Ha! Fooled you, you actually fell for it! :mrgreen:

Yes, kidnappings and beheadings have been increasing. I cannot post my source on here because a) it is from friends currently in the AO and b) the actual reports themselves are FOUO (for official use only), but the information is not. You could probably dig up news articles on it if you want more proof. Main stream media isn't interested in reporting what's going on in the Ghan, so you'll have to really dig.

http://call.army.mil/

Back