Indian Army Training pictures

rajkhalsa

Hi all,

Here are some rare photos of Indian army regiments's training. This first one is of the Parachute Regiment. I figured it was OK to post the pictures inline, as they are rather smal:

VIVA0169ST3.JPG

VIVA0170ST3.JPG

VIVA0174ST3.JPG

VIVA0172ST3.JPG

VIVA0032ST3.JPG

VIVA0173ST3.JPG

VIVA0030ST3.JPG

VIVA0182ST3.JPG

VIVA0181ST3.JPG

VIVA0180ST3.JPG

VIVA0179ST3.JPG

VIVA0176ST3.JPG

VIVA0177ST3.JPG

VIVA0178ST3.JPG

^ Only after passing all of that can you have the honor of being a Para

Cheers,
Raj

Oh noo! My unit goes to a bunch of airborne schools all over the pacific like Thailand and Australia.... I hope to god they don't send me to India too, I really don't want to wrestle that hairy guy.

:lol:

Yeah I hear ya. But my heart genuinely goes out to the poor gent that hairy guy is delightfully snapping in two. That grimace of pain can't be acted for the camera :lol:

FlyingFrog,

The EE Canberra's are the IAF's longest serving aircraft type with the IAF. The bomber has participated in the 1962 India-China war, the 1965, 1971, and the Kargil war with distinction. A total of 110 of them were procured.

There are only 8 remaining Canberras in active service. 6 of these are used for Aerial photography and surveying, and are to be formally retired in a couple years, as they are replaced by satelites. 2 are used for shady, elint-type duties and no one talks much about them :cen: . One Canberra was used as a target drone puller and was retired several years back, iirc

IAF Canberra:
Canberra81.jpg

IMHO, the Canberra remains one of the top three most beautiful aircraft ever made.

Even with much of the glamour going to IAF fighters, the IAF remains an mudpounding, attack-heavy airforce, with most of the fleet being fighter-bombers. The main mudmovers are the Jaguars and the MiG-27upg. But every aircraft in service is multirole, and the MiG-21s, Mirages, MiG-29s, Su-30MKI, and Indian Navy Harriers are also tasked with attack missions. The Mirages in particular are India's primary long-range tactical nuclear weapons delivery platform, but the MKIs are also now also specially tasked with this role (with induction of the supersonic BrahMos cruise missile.) However, every a/c are nuclear weapons capable.

The IAF doesn't have a strategic nuclear delivery/long range strike aircraft. However, it is almost certain India will go for acquisition of Tu-22Ms from Russia as a standoff nuclear weapons platform (haggling over price and the holdoff until indgenous nuclear missiles are matured have delayed the aquisition.) The Backfires will most likely be inducted with the Indian Navy and will be primarily used for super long-range maritime strike (currently IN Harriers, and IAF MiG-27s, Jags, MKIs are used in this role.)

Cheers,
Raj

I checked that global security link you posted, and the facts + figures they have on that page for both IAF and PLAAF are hopelessly out of date. The projected inventory is way out of wack as well :(

I've always been a fan of militaries and geopolitics :)

Plus like my entire family in India is in the military, in the defense sector, or involved in researching a form of pepper spray for Indian police :lol:

I hope to join US Army Reserves once out of college myself

Heya ,

yup you are doign a great job scaring them people away :D.

here are some pictures form the Indian Army traning ...............of other kind............ the Fair Sex :D

Cadets attend a weapons training session at an army camp
1f.jpg

women officer-trainees undergoing lessons in using the 9mm Carbine 1A sub-machine gun.

a bit bigger . to hotlink
http://img6.exs.cx/img6/8490/2f.jpg

weapons training session.
3f.jpg

Passing Out Parade. They are in the Army now(again a bit bigger)
http://img20.exs.cx/img20/4456/4f.jpg

-=SF_13=-

Hi,

BSF's Camel Corps ...................with all their Colors

BSFsCamelCorps.jpg

The ceremonial regimental dress. of Indian Army is quite Colorful and each regiment has a different one .. i will try to dig out a few og them.:)

-=FS_13=-

FN FAL is outlawed by Geneva convention?? I don't think that's correct.... its still in use with many nations to this day, and civilian versions can be bought in gun stores in the States, easily enough...

Anyhow, the FAL is being phased out of the IA, being replaced by INSAS

Here are some pics of recruits of another regiment in training. In this case, from 11 Gorkha Rifles

Weapons Training
VIVA0048ST3.JPG

Pushups
VIVA0035ST3.JPG

Soldier going through the punishment drill for failing to meet the exacting standards set during training
VIVA0044ST3.JPG

Soldier sharpning his khukri, Gorkha knife
VIVA0040ST3.JPG

Clowning around during graduation ceremony of GR officers
VIVA0049ST3.JPG

Combat martial arts training
VIVA0041ST3.JPG

Yelling regemental oath and motto
VIVA0043ST3.JPG

Giving the regemental war cry
VIVA0016ST3.JPG

Training for mountain warfare
VIVA0024ST3.JPG

Training on obstacle course
VIVA0022ST3.JPG

VIVA0046ST3.JPG

Fording rapids
VIVA0025ST3.JPG

Live-fire exercise using real ammunition
VIVA0023ST3.JPG

VIVA0027ST3.JPG

Concealment exercise
VIVA0031ST3.JPG

Learning to use Kukhri
VIVA0038ST3.JPG

Indian Army Jawans are trained to never leave a man behind in combat
VIVA0037ST3.JPG

Bayonett Training
VIVA0050ST3.JPG

Training at the world-renowned Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School (CIJWS)
VIVA0045ST3.JPG

Only after passing all levels of training can an IA Jawan graduate, and take the Regemental Oath. 11 GR soldiers can only have the honor of carrying the Kukhri after passing training
VIVA0019ST3.JPG

Regemental Passing out parade of new recruits
VIVA0039ST3.JPG

Saluting his comrades killed in battle in Kashmir
VIVA0018ST3.JPG

Cheers,
Raj

Back